What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here Less than 10 left!

Voice Changers

KCAJ

Unlinked
Just want to get peoples thoughts on voice changers,

I personally think that the idea of voice changers for robbery doesn't make sense, you wouldn't be able to do this in a real robbery? But obviously GTA RP is not real life. But the idea of someone being able to make themselves sound like mickey mouse or have an extremely robotic voice purely for robberies/crime, so  the person on the receiving end doesn't know or recognize the voice that they normally would use in other RP, is unrealistic. I understand that you can not voice ID people because they have other characters. But someone using a voice changer just makes situations a lot harder in terms of hearing their demands and can be really annoying dependent on what voice changer they are using.

That being said I am not fully against the idea of voice changer, but I think those using them should stick with them permanently if they are going to.

This isn't a suggestion I was just starting a thread to gather peoples thoughts?

KC - 229

Personally I don't believe they should be allowed as you wouldn't physically be able to put a voice changer on under your balaclava or infront of your mouth with 0 mask covering.

Pretty sure there is a rule or was a rule against voice changers must be realistic to an extent so the mickey mouse voice changer that you're speaking of, would most likely fall under unrealistic voice changer. (Don't quote me on it)

However, I know people do use them to further enhance their RP and to deepen their voice so that they can roleplay as a character of a different race such as the Wanyama Brothers.

Turning them on/off when you're out and about I personally don't see much sense of. Perhaps slightly different if wearing a mask but not a pitch increase or something significant. 

Permeant changes for a character then 100% no issues at all, common sense applies to being realistic or not.

Turning them on/off when you're out and about I personally don't see much sense of. Perhaps slightly different if wearing a mask but not a pitch increase or something significant. 

Permeant changes for a character then 100% no issues at all, common sense applies to being realistic or not.
I agree with you there, if someone is using it all the time then it still gives people the chance to get to know there voice ect. But a mask could be a good idea which deepens the voice, not fully hiding what they are sounding like but makes it harder to identify them. And make these accessed in the same way blindfolds are so they are not over saturated?

I don't mind voice changers when you are roleplaying another character, but using it in an obvious manner whilst being on the same character just ruins the rp tbh

If the mask is like a helmet that would change the pitch of your voice/kinda make you sound like Darth Vader,  it would make sense because your voice wouldn’t sound normal. Think it adds authenticity to the fact he’s wearing like a helmet with muffled sound. But if it’s just squeaky yeah, that’s a different scenario. 

I think this may also lead onto police being able to identify suspects from voices, I don't think this is allowed? players use voice changers to combat this maybe?

You can change your voice IRL - Changers just make it easier and easier on the throat all the time lol. ( I can sound like an old man I wanted etc )

I think this may also lead onto police being able to identify suspects from voices, I don't think this is allowed
AFAIK, Police aren't allowed to solely identify you by voice

I think this may also lead onto police being able to identify suspects from voices, I don't think this is allowed? players use voice changers to combat this maybe?

You can change your voice IRL - Changers just make it easier and easier on the throat all the time lol. ( I can sound like an old man I wanted etc )
Catch 22, police can use voice to help identify not to fully identify.

Catch 22, police can use voice to help identify not to fully identify.
Yeah, if I heard a voice I knew commiting crime, If they escape id maybe check somewhere they hang out based on the voice, but we couldnt make an arrest solely on a voice.

Yeah, if I heard a voice I knew commiting crime, If they escape id maybe check somewhere they hang out based on the voice, but we couldnt make an arrest solely on a voice.
Pretty sure this is why most people use the voice changers when they rob, to not be identifiable by police and besides if voice changers were to be not allowed people that are not from the UK would be the most easly recognized, atleast for me i get recognized by voice quite easly there is only 1 other person in the server that people actually confuse me with sometimes.

Pretty sure this is why most people use the voice changers when they rob, to not be identifiable by police and besides if voice changers were to be not allowed people that are not from the UK would be the most easly recognized, atleast for me i get recognized by voice quite easly there is only 1 other person in the server that people actually confuse me with sometimes.
But then again would you be able to do this effectively in person, consistently making sure that your voice was hidden, for example using an extremely obnoxious voice only when committing crime?

But then again would you be able to do this effectively in person, consistently making sure that your voice was hidden, for example using an extremely obnoxious voice only when committing crime?
Ok, how do you expect to solve the identification  by voice problem ?  I don't agree with extremely modified voices, but I honestly don't mind them being modified because you know as well as me that people will start identifying people by voice if you end up making the voice changers not allowed.

In my opinion that isn't good since people have different characters like you said and some people have either very similar voices or very distinct voices, and it would end up on people making false accusations and start random stabbings or in the cop's case for example put warrants on them because of their voice.

Fair enough this is supposed to be roleplay like real life and stuff, but you can't make everything the exact same otherwise it just doesn't work this is the reason why this is a game if people wanted to go and play something that's the exact same as being a random jimmy IRL than they wouldn't bother coming on the server mate.

At the end of the day there is a lot of unrealistic things in the server because they need to be there for it to be enjoyable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, how do you expect to solve the identification  by voice problem ?  I don't agree with extremely modified voices, but I honestly don't mind them being modified because you know as well as me that people will start identifying people by voice if you end up making the voice changers not allowed.

In my opinion that isn't good since people have different characters like you said and some people have either very similar voices or very distinct voices, and it would end up on people making false accusations and start random stabbings or in the cop's case for example put warrants on them because of their voice.

Fair enough this is supposed to be roleplay like real life and stuff, but you can't make everything the exact same otherwise it just doesn't work this is the reason why this is a game if people wanted to go and play something that's the exact same as being a random jimmy IRL than they wouldn't bother coming on the server mate.

At the end of the day there is a lot of unrealistic things in the server because they need to be there for it to be enjoyable.
We can't solely identify by voice.

If you were to rob a police officer and you didn't have a voice changer on and it was easily identifiable, we can't just roll up to your turf and arrest you or put an arrest warrant on you. We could put an arrest warrant on you to bring you in for questioning but the police will have to do actual police work to try and pin that on you. I.e Did you have any other identifiable features? Tattoos, One eye etc...

Back