What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

The state of RP 2021

Rastafari

I mean i don't know where to start from...

Maybe its only me maybe its the whole community feels like but no one has the balls to point it out..

But when i join the community in 2014 i saw a community that has a common interest of having Fun.

Thru stories/scenario's that our brain brings us to..

There was a lot of positive people that made that experience something special , there's always idiots around and they probably always will be there

But overall the community was amazing it was a pleasure to join the server (AltisLife) and experience while try and think about various scenario's to enhance RP to another level 

Joining whitelisted groups was something that took you time because you had to be in certain level and had certain skills to do your job in the best way the same was in NHS and UNMC even the big and and respected gang's had a high standard for their RP

Mistakes was always around but we tried to minimize them and make from them something we could learn so next time it wouldn't happen

The management team and the dev team we have in this community is amazing always looks forward to enhance the experience of us being able to enjoy and make funny stories to remember years to come.

Overall the best community in EU that i ever being part of.. Nothing bad to say.

A week ago i've visited the Roleplay.co.uk website and saw that Arma server was shutdown and now there's new era of GTA RP

I was excited because in arma we always was lacking that GTA aspect of the game that brought more realism for the RP new look better FPS (LOL arma struggle)

I was hyped to try the server - i have sat down to write a character with some history and was so hyped to start playing did check the rules to see if something changed something new brought in - checked all the features place's i can visit and was eager to start playing

When i first joined the server i understood that there's more secret stuff that you need to discover thru RP and that made it even more crazy for me..

Not everything marked on the map you need to search discover ask and mostly RP your way to the secret aspects of the server.

But the past week that i was playing i can say that only 2 RP interactions was Fun / Immersive interactions 

I was RDM'd 4 times VDM'd at least 6 times 

Robbed by individuals that haven't really left me any RP exit to try and make it fun try and make more of it that getting robbed and thrown on the side of the road or even being stashed in bushes 

The same with the police 4 interaction with police that brought me to a frustration - you cannot fake id because the always will use PNC you cannot come with scenario that could lead you to an exit of their typical scripted RP

Its always ends up you being shot or combat restrained and of-course being detained 

How my motivation to bring cool and interesting RP scenario's could be there if i already know the consequences its always the same result no matter what scenario's you'll try come with ..

I mean this community saw a better times and i dont know where its lost but what i can say is that from my perspective - that isn't fun when you know what will be the result every fucking time..

If i would not care i would not stop my life just to write here a huge story about how im frustrated maybe its just me or maybe its something that no one really cares to talk about , that's why im opening this topic so we can talk about it and clear it out.

I don't really have suggestions atm i've just join the server kinda 

so this really come from the bottom of my heart and i wasn't talking about the ooc shit that people talk into the mic 

Breaking RP on daily basis , talking other language's between them while the other hear that , Poor RP initiations or initiations that never was heard by the other side , if it was 2 to 5 people that is doing that , that topic would never being posted or written , this just my point of view i had to put it on paper to see what the community thinks of it.

the only positive experience i had is from NHS that really trying to come with cool scenario's and impressed me in one of our incidents and again i know there is 20-30% that really trying and doing it really good but 30 percent not defines the big chunk of the community that play as it was a shooting game / deathmatch game killing the immersion and the will to RP cool scenario's

Lets see what you guys have to say im really curious about it.

(Took nap time in prison to write this because it was on my heart and i had to spill it)

Had to put some funny video of the good old days XD Just to break the tension of this thread 😄

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Well said, very well said.

A lot of RP nowadays is shoot first talk later or not talk at all, no RP interaction just pure GTA Online responses to RP situations.

People rob without any RP behind it they just want to rob for the sake of it, I hope something is done to make this community better.

But the past week that i was playing i can say that only 2 RP interactions was Fun / Immersive interactions 

Robbed by individuals that haven't really left me any RP exit to try and make it fun try and make more of it that getting robbed and thrown on the side of the road or even being stashed in bushes 

The same with the police 4 interaction with police that brought me to a frustration - you cannot fake id because the always will use PNC you cannot come with scenario that could lead you to an exit of their typical scripted RP

Its always ends up you being shot or combat restrained and of-course being detained 
This here is the reason I am replying. The biggest issue at the moment that folk are complaining about is lack of criminal activities to keep them entertained. It's come down to the point everyone is just robbing people simply because they feel they have nothing else to do. I feel people come in to this city with the idea of creating fun and interesting roleplay or like myself a year ago to just play a character and just see what mischief I could get up to while trying not to cross the rule-breaking line. The issue shortly comes to light is a lot of people seem to give you this cold shoulder in RP because you're seen as this "new guy" so you head off alone and grind and graft to make a name for yourself, in a bid to show off your cars and how big your penis is and it's a lonely world out there just doing taxi jobs or mechanic jobs back in the day and trucking jobs after that and you do this for hours on end (even taxi drivers are the target of being robbed these days). You then get sick of being robbed and buy weapons to defend yourself using the money you have just grafted (this requires little RP - buying a knife and pulling up a cop or gang member for guns and you realise that these people are making decent money robbing and so you begin doing the same thing) Hardly any RP is involved in any of this, there will be people thinking they've offering amazing roleplay because they're acting out taking radios and smashing them up and letting you live but it's still awful RP and becomes very tedious. I myself have not been robbed ever in the year of being in GTA, but I have seen people do it and I have done it two or three times in the space of 12 months. 

The same goes for the police it's almost impossible to individually talk your way out of being arrested. No fake ID no false details or anything. I used to game with my IRL friend who had a character and we both had the same name in the city. I figured I'd jokingly give his details for the PNC instead of mine because my tattoos had changed since I was last arrested and my gang affiliation had changed and the cops simply refused to believe it and just shoved the criminal charges on both records to be safe or so they said. There are moments of great RP throughout the city, sadly for a lot of people the longer you are in the city, the more you start to lose the separation from character to your person and it seems for a lot of people having the most items, the most cash and the most cars (things you aim for in GTA Online) have slowly started to bleed more and more in to the server. People are constantly robbing police any anyone who's known to have weapons or cash and to simply put it people just need more illegal stuff to do to fill that void. I honestly feel things went south when fishing got massive and all the imports came back on a regular basis instead of them being rare and having dealerships have the power to sell both new and used cars.

Back in 2015 when I joined the arma community, it was probs one of the best moments in my life, I quickly made a lot of friends (some of which I still speak to 5-6years onwards) and for that I’m ever so thankful for coming across this community. 

During my time in arma, the community actually felt like a big family, everyone here more or less knew each other, the staff were great back then, no power hungry people, they were just normal people like myself and they enforced the rules, they were fair and people were given chances. Back then reports were unheard of, reports hardly happened… everything was resolved through speaking to one another. The community more or less ran itself, if everyone wanted rules put in place, we had a meeting we discussed it. If we wanted stuff added, if we wanted stuff removed, if we had suggestions for the forums just every little thing, we could speak to one another, we could speak to staff, our voices back then we’re heard.

A few years on in arma, it’s like all of a sudden a generation changed… people became toxic, people started to cry about everything little thing that happened, staff team went downhill (although compared to now the staff team back then was also fantastic). Reports starting coming in after every single interference between cops and gangs or UNMC. All of a sudden before you knew it the server was unplayable, everyone had vendettas against one another and it become some sort of ego boost to get people banned. People didn’t even want to log on the server as they were at risk of being reported. It’s at this point back in the days that the server went downhill.

What I’m “Personally” seeing with the fivem community is exactly the fall that arma did all them years ago. FiveM started off so well, everyone got on, the server was fun. Reports there wasn’t as many of.. A year or so onwards, fiveM currently feels like de ja vu, it feels like I’m back in arma again, reports are coming in left right and centre, the staff team has gone downhill, just everything that went wrong in arma is happening with fivem.

We tried so hard all them years ago to try fix the broken community however we never could. It would be so good if we could try the same for FiveM but honestly I think it’s too late and if somethings not done soon I personally see fiveM going down the drain too.

I honestly wish I could re live a year back in 2015-2017 on arma again, as the community and server back then was unreal and for those people that were there back then with me will understand this.

I know we will never be able to make a server or community work like this again, but the community is the main reason why people stick around today. The FiveM server could be dogshit and lots and lots of people will still be here, and that’s because of the community, the amount of hours and time we have invested into it and also the friends we have made. It was like one big family a long time ago, now it doesn’t feel like that.

Bring back the old times 🥲❤️

I honestly wish I could re live a year back in 2015-2017 on arma again, as the community and server back then was unreal and for those people that were there back then with me will understand this.

I know we will never be able to make a server or community work like this again, but the community is the main reason why people stick around today. The FiveM server could be dogshit and lots and lots of people will still be here, and that’s because of the community, the amount of hours and time we have invested into it and also the friends we have made. It was like one big family a long time ago, now it doesn’t feel like that.

Bring back the old times 🥲❤️
So true mate i mean im a peasant when it come to FiveM

but those times in arma we're gold even tho we we're in rival gangs/police/unmc or whatever it was, we first of all was friends within a community and that's what separated the ego from the game itself.

I remember those times that you was forced to be in Teamspeak (kinda) to play the game its helped with a lot of newcomers explain the RP aspect.. I get it that it could hurt the secrecy aspect of the server because it would be easier to ask in teamspeak then RP the way there but it was easier to educate the people the was new to RP or the server 

I am truly sad to hear your words just because its puts what i wrote as a true even tho im only a week into playing on this server and if i felt that im pretty sure a lot of people on the server that are playing since it came out probably feeling the same.

Its hard not to notice that , I mean if i had to report a group of people after being 7 days on the server and that's probably the last thing i want to do when i'm playing a game in a community that i admire for so long , that should be saying something .. 

The funniest thing that we kinda were kids back then and today most of us who was back then are mature and already have kids of our own so its should be easier to maintain the same attitude but feels like people get in the server with 0 interest in reading how it works

and how you should behave.

I know it sound like its just words but if someone up there really cares about this community , Something needs to move - I guess the idea behind not whitelisting the server is understandable but with that in case there's should be a plan how to make people understand the game and value their spot on the server , guns and money making is not the reason why we here i mean its always fun to shoot but at the end its a roleplay community and atm i don't see too much of RP 

Its either deathmatch or either scripted RP that being read from a scripted text and there's no right or left.

We need more voice's put your thoughts fellows !!

What kind of roleplay are you seeking @Rastafari

As the years go by are multiple changes that could affect both mentality and mood on a server.

3 hours ago, Rastafari said:

Had to put some funny video of the good old days XD Just to break the tension of this thread 😄

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
1:17🧐🤓

@Stavik man i guess you didn't read a bit from what i wrote .. but lets start from the bottom 

whitelist the server or bring more staff to kick/ban those who use mic for ooc or those who not talk at all and then keep on cleaning the retards that doesn't care about rules .. 

kick / ban people that have weird names is cool but not enough..

and than people start realize that the mic is only for RP - ONLY for RP

Man there's so much scenario's that you can come with but they worth nothing when the result will always the same

-when police or gangs metagame

-when stopping for a conversation with the police in an RP scenario ends up of you being auto restrained 

-when gangs/criminal individuals rob you while you cooperate with every demand and they still killing you after they took your socks without an impressive RP.

Its pretty hard for me atm to think about more things i've experienced until so .. after all im just 7 days here but that's enough for me to open this topic

I have patience but the whole RP level is really low .. its more GTA online then RP server as @Mark Riley Rhodessaid here.

This here is the reason I am replying. The biggest issue at the moment that folk are complaining about is lack of criminal activities to keep them entertained.
Well i don't know about that one but what i can say from my experience that i understand them why would you try to do too much activities when the power is at police hands.. lets say there's not enough activities that worth doing the only attractive activity is robbing a bank

They have the guns / tazers , they are playing a terrible RP i had an incident right now where 2 cops METAGAMED a player called him by his name without any idea that's its actually him, he was on stolen bike and when the individual said them its not me check the plate of my bike.. they realized what they done and stopped the conversation tried to go after me without any suspicion i mean bruhhhh... And after that they said to the individual that they are unarmed and he should leave them alone - LIKE WTF?? is it even RP?

if i wouldn't "run" from them i know how that would end up - why would i try RP this situation if i know what the result going to be .. that's joke.. 

One time two times three times and people start to get the pattern - because there's obviously a pattern with the same result every time..

I'm not trying to point my finger on one group it's starts from the bottom if the police doing what ever they want and they have the power

why would the criminals even bother making the serious criminal activities there's no negotiations there's no way to win this war so people not even trying..

and on all of that every police interaction ends up in their favor, they not acting like real police they acting like gangstas in police uniform and again i pretty sure that not all of them like that but those i met .. was RPing it bad they already know in their head what they will find on the guy and the script is always in their favor 

Its a salad and while im writing all of this im stating to think maybe @Fallenis right maybe its too late to do something but its really hard for me to believe that this state in unchangeable. 

Last edited by a moderator:
You kinda did not answer my question. You as a roleplayer and your character? Are you a criminal? Law abiding?
What do you roleplay as?

The reason why im asking is that when you play for trouble you tend to get trouble. So situations can quickly come across as unfair .

whitelist the server or bring more staff to kick/ban those who use mic for ooc or those who not talk at all and then keep on cleaning the retards that doesn't care about rules
There is a potential for 250 people on the server. It is impossible to enforce this as we simply cannot be everywhere at all times. The staff team relyes on the players here for the obervations we can not make.

kick / ban people that have weird names is cool but not enough..
It's 1 of multiple steps to keep the RP ? It's not the solution.

and than people start realize that the mic is only for RP - ONLY for RP
Yes, it is, it's in the rules. Again, It is impossible to enforce this as we simply cannot be everywhere at all times.

-when police or gangs metagame
This would be a rulebreak and should be reported if the player or spoken to. Again, we cant see everything.

-when stopping for a conversation with the police in an RP scenario ends up of you being auto restrained 
Did you walk into a crimescene? Did you do something illegal beforehand? Did you do something that could have given the cops any spidey senses?
Hundred if not thousands of RP scenarios can unfold.. I/Went know the context so its hard to say.

-when gangs/criminal individuals rob you while you cooperate with every demand and they still killing you after they took your socks without an impressive RP.
Now here is something i agree with you on personally. But the thing is, when people get robbed they also lash out at their "robbers". Last thing you would want to do is to fuck someones mom. You do end up getting killed. But that being said, i 100% agree. There should be a good enough reason for the step of killing to be done and this is something that we are going to talk about when we go over and into 2022.

I have patience but the whole RP level is really low .. its more GTA online then RP server as @Mark Riley Rhodessaid here.
As a member of staff within a GTA FIveM server we went from being known to all because in Arma, people could see our names. RIght now, i can literally go in as a one of my characters and people will actually dont know who i am. This allows me to see the RP not changed by the fact that i am a staff member. Still, some people know and will act accordingly but i see alot of the unfiltered rp. My characters does not seek out toruble, i let the trouble come to my character if i end up in it. But more often than not, its pretty good rp. This is a project basicly and its constantly being worked on.. So any feedback is very good feedback.

The biggest issue at the moment that folk are complaining about is lack of criminal activities to keep them entertained.
Do you know what we all dont have? TIME
Developing new exciting stuff takes time, and im sorry. If you cannot grasp the basic RP of letting things just happen, then i dont know if this is the right place tbh.
Roleplay is about inventing scenarios and other things for your enjoyment bringing along others. This could be helped by features that our developers put in, but it comes down to what you are able to cook up inside your head and put out as an interesting story ingame.

This being said above, come the new year we will have a big old rulesmeeting to sort out a few of the rules that does not make a sense i todays enveiroment. This means also that if there are rules that the community want looked at, put it in the rules suggetion tab her eon the forum.

Man @Stavikyou shouldn't talk with me like i'm a complete retard i am 31 years old i have kids be sure i understand that we all don't have the time to be here 24/7

That's exactly why i said we need more staff members and i get it that its complicated procedure of looking for people you can rely on and that will have a healthy mind when it comes to RP rules, what to do and what not do..

Maybe its looks like i'm hot-tempered its just because in the past 7 days i saw so much rule breaking that its ridicoulus to report them all

All the OOC Mic talkers and the one that not talking at all i've ignored them .. because there's too much 

I was more specific on those who know the rules and still break them with VDM / RDM or just really low quality RP.

You kinda did not answer my question. You as a roleplayer and your character? Are you a criminal? Law abiding?
What do you roleplay as?

The reason why im asking is that when you play for trouble you tend to get trouble. So situations can quickly come across as unfair .
I am playing a criminal atm - this is not the first time playing a criminal and you're right it brings problems but that's the whole point of playing a criminal am i wrong? 

The point is that i didn't see any Creative RP from the police officers that i was playing with its restricted and scripted 

Example: 

They saw you selling drugs while they moving towards you - you start talking to the local with something like this : "Hello sir , i'm advertising my new business its specializes in motor fixing if you interested ill give you my credit card" you sell the drug it doing the animation of hand clapping and then you continue "here it is sir , have a nice day" 

and then you're greeted with put your hand up from the police or stop or gets combat restrained - like W T F...

Do you see where im going? if that's the result even tho you thought about a scenario and you actually brought an option for the officer to continue this scenario and evolve it.

He immediately kills it with a restrain like nvm what i've said there wouldn't help me.. This is absurd. 

You're playing on this server for long time so your game mostly around the veterans of the server and i know exactly how it works but that doesn't says that the police should to tread any newcomer with low if not any RP at all.. put your hand up is not an RP brother.. its the easy way around RP.

It's 1 of multiple steps to keep the RP ? It's not the solution.
Man i remember that in altis you had to be registered to the website to be able join the server maybe im wrong here but im pretty sure it was something like that ..

And than you are forced to go thru the rules.. man im not talking about trollers that there for this shit and they probably will get banned in no time im talking about people that doesn't get the point of the server they get in talk OOC shit into the mic like its their own fucking discord server... do you understand that it ruins the immersion of RP - its take me off my character right away as i see it.. 

This would be a rulebreak and should be reported if the player or spoken to. Again, we cant see everything.
Man its seems like you don't see the bottom line .. when i see about 4-5 cops every day that metagame in anyway 

I will go with a topic like this to the forums i will not report 6 people because its not a pointed problem is already a spreading virus..

Thank you for the staff style replay didn't expect much 

I know how stuff works you don't need to explain me the ABC - I had a hope with that huge of a replay you will change my view on things but unfortunately that didn't happen i still think that there's need to be more staff so the gaps will be filled.

Still experiencing a lot of OOC talk on the mic and sometimes its new people that really just don't understand how that works don't know the terms for certain OOC words

What it causes is people trying to help them and talking OOC stuff into the mic too its kills the immersion immediately - when i see situation like all i want is to disappear from that area so i could reset and get to my character mind again .. 

from my experience the only one's who really does it good every time is the NHS every time a great and quality RP

and again there's 40% that probably does quality RP but their playing in their own world with all the known faces of the server - the hobo world is just a mess brother the low ranks of the police is a mess happy triggers that calling out RP sentences from a paper and there's not left or right for them.. like real fucking mess!

The whitelisted groups should be long time experienced players they are kinda set the pace if they are rule breaking so im not surprised about all the others.

P.S I'm not just talking about the police - gangs and criminals are included there too.. 

I had a lot of bad experience with the cops that's why im using this group specifically. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the issue isn't the Rules that are in place, as they are followed up strictly by admins, I think the issues lies where people are doing just enough to get across the acceptable RP line. The thing is in Arma it was easier to get guns/cars/money, meaning that there was more emphasis on RP, in the way that if you were losing a loadout it didn't matter as much, in which case it was less realistic but it meant that people were not as salty when they were getting robbed/arrested. Now with the GTA RP server being more realistic it means that people sometimes don't act accordingly to having a gun pointed to their head, they feel its unfair ect and are more bothered about what they are going to lose than carrying on the RP, mainly with once its gone past a certain point you know what the end is going to be like.

For example you get told to put your hands up, you know you're going to be told to drop radio phone and dropped of in the middle of no where at the very least, if not killed and dumped with very minimal RP. Shot, put in a car, transported somewhere and then your body left floating in some body of water.

And when this happens 4-5 times a day with out fail it does become annoying.

I think since the search option was added its become put your hands up, search, drop what ever they want and then gone. RP situation is done with in seconds. 

Possible improvement could be adding a time limit to be able to search someone, giving that time for RP to happen. Other wise the RP will never be quality because the people that are the "robbers" are just going to do it as fast as they can, and leave the other person lacking any roleplay at all.

Thru stories/scenario's that our brain brings us to..

There was a lot of positive people that made that experience something special , there's always idiots around and they probably always will be there

But overall the community was amazing it was a pleasure to join the server (AltisLife) and experience while try and think about various scenario's to enhance RP to another level 
These things still happen, but it is extremely rare. I've also noticed that people who roleplay a certain way to make it more interesting, are either extremely successful at this (for example father, the first person that successfully started an RP as a priest and got his own church), and others who try but fail due to either inside or outside reasons. (themselves or the community).

Joining whitelisted groups was something that took you time because you had to be in certain level and had certain skills to do your job in the best way the same was in NHS and UNMC even the big and and respected gang's had a high standard for their RP

Mistakes was always around but we tried to minimize them and make from them something we could learn so next time it wouldn't happen

The management team and the dev team we have in this community is amazing always looks forward to enhance the experience of us being able to enjoy and make funny stories to remember years to come.
You still need to put your time in here for the factions. Being police for 8 months doesn't guarantee you to become a sergeant. There are people in the police right now since the start of the server and are still PC's or never reached above sergeant. The progression of the NHS is pretty simple, activity + feedback gets you promoted until S.PAR, you can rank up 4 times before you're hit by a limited rank, the A.PAR, as it's an almost semi command role. I don't know how it is in the lost MC, I've never managed to join, I tried twice, once after 4 ish months I was told I couldn't join, other time after 2 days of sitting in front of their gates I gave up. Honestly, it annoyed me that I wasted these months for a goal I wouldn't achieve, but I had fun rp experience with them, and it's worth trying.

About the mistakes, it's true, I've got a feeling mistakes here ain't minimized anymore but almost maximised. The smallest mistake in a faction can get you fired and the months or years of character progression thrown away in the bin. Back in altis, if you shot someone and got PCC'd, you'd most likely become a PCSO tier 1 for a week (unarmed police for those who weren't around). Now you get a court case and get your character fired, knowing that it's at least 1 month before you can have a pistol. I honestly miss the times where you could have fun without the fear of getting fucked over by court systems and internal affairs. The issue here is that the factions want to keep it as realistic as possible, but they don't take into account the character progression of that person. The second you have 1 criminal charge on your record, there are certains legal things you can't even do anymore. If you're charged with murder as police on a character you spend 1 year on building, that character from there on is useless for doing legal stuff. Illegal stuff are mostly done on a 2nd character that's part of a gang or a solo criminal. You cannot rejoin the police, or join the NHS due to that murder charge. Same as sollicitor and G6 who are whitelisted groups. You can't join any gangs because they either don't trust you as a former cop, or you've already got a 2nd character part of a gang. Leaving only 1 option: delete your 1 year progression

I'm sorry to see this was your experience coming back. In the beginning the roleplay was better, guns were extremely rare, gangs did deals in hidden places just to get information about something, alliances were made, wars were fought with switchblades or uzi's from the black market. But then more guns came, unarmed police got guns pulled to them for traffic stops, armed police were outnumbered, so every cop got a gun since then. Guns became harder to get with the black market being removed and you had to make them yourselves with 3 locations and materials you need to get. From there on, robberies happened more just for guns. Add a few months more and you'll have the current state, where a lot of people have guns and rob people for the smallest things, even if it's 250 pounds. People getting robbed at clothing shops, people getting robbed for basically no reason, it's getting really petty, even the NHS has their now and them times they get robbed, but that's extremely rare.

so this really come from the bottom of my heart and i wasn't talking about the ooc shit that people talk into the mic 

Breaking RP on daily basis , talking other language's between them while the other hear that , Poor RP initiations or initiations that never was heard by the other side , if it was 2 to 5 people that is doing that , that topic would never being posted or written , this just my point of view i had to put it on paper to see what the community thinks of it.
Sadly there is not much you can do about this, there will always be people breaking rules, all you can do with them is just report them.

the only positive experience i had is from NHS that really trying to come with cool scenario's and impressed me in one of our incidents and again i know there is 20-30% that really trying and doing it really good but 30 percent not defines the big chunk of the community that play as it was a shooting game / deathmatch game killing the immersion and the will to RP cool scenario's
I'm happy to see that the NHS was giving you a better experience, sadly the NHS often gets targetted by bad RP as well. But it's true that just 1 faction won't help out the entire community. There are times when I played I was thinking I was in GTA online because the hospital was just a massive team deathmatch area with 2 gangs fighting each other, then the police joining as a 3rd party. They want realistic RP but in what world would 2 gangs and cops have a gang war inside of the hospital?

Man @Stavikyou shouldn't talk with me like i'm a complete retard i am 31 years old i have kids be sure i understand that we all don't have the time to be here 24/7
If you under any circumstance think i am, then please re-read everything i've put. I am simply answering every single point that you put and in no way talking to you like you are a child..

That's exactly why i said we need more staff members and i get it that its complicated procedure of looking for people you can rely on and that will have a healthy mind when it comes to RP rules, what to do and what not do..
Exactly, but its a very time consumin process in a already time consuming life. We are doing are upmost to maintain a healthy staff level and activity but people must also respect that all of this is done in our spare time.

Maybe its looks like i'm hot-tempered its just because in the past 7 days i saw so much rule breaking that its ridicoulus to report them all

All the OOC Mic talkers and the one that not talking at all i've ignored them .. because there's too much 
I can understand the frustration, i really do. But its important we remember that the actions the staff team cant see can also be helped with the players that knows the rules. An example here would be if someone were to talk OOC, the more experienced player such as yourself would simply repsond by saying "I dont know what you are talking about, are you okay?" as a small hint that he should not be doing this. Small things like that can help in the grand scheme. We are not expecting it but it shows experience and adaptebility.

You're playing on this server for long time so your game mostly around the veterans of the server and i know exactly how it works but that doesn't says that the police should to tread any newcomer with low if not any RP at all.. put your hand up is not an RP brother.. its the easy way around RP.
Yes. yes. yes. Cops, NHS, G6, Lost MC, Gangs should ALWAYS provide highquality roleplay to set the foundation for the server. More than likely those are the people you would communicate and create scenarios with the most so it should always be top top. But.. all places has its bad eggs and its impossible to maintain a perfect state. People become lazy, de-motivated, the list just goes on and on.

To the people reading this, provide your best roleplay all the time, you might give someone ideas to provide top high quality roleplay. It starts with the player.

Its realistic and maybe even too much realistic i can stand on my bike in any place in the city whether its a gang area or simply open area in the city and i still we be surrounded by 4 police cars and being asked questions before they even let me answer i am already restrained i don't know i don't remember it being like that in Altis.

You had options you could choose whether you say "fuck the police" and go the hard way and then probably you'll be treated in the harsh way being searched / restrained / marked as a thug

or you could play an RP scenario that could lead them leaving you and letting you free even tho you we're full of drugs and guns on you.. 

That's was fun you had couple of direction to go thru, I got arrested 4 times out of the 7 situations i've had with police just because the other 3 i could manage to escape.. but in all of the situations you had no option to RP it out so they leave you

They leave no options you just play the miserable thug that got caught over and over and over again because there's was no options that you could choose i want that path or i want that path ..

This leads to frustrated gangs that decide to treat every police interaction with weapons because there's no other way , either you shoot them and try to fight your way to be free or you've been restrained that's the only options that i see.

I mean im not talking about that there is cops that didn't value their lives i had one incident that cop tried to arrest me without initiation but not what im trying to say a guy that was near us threaten he's life automatically he took he's weapon out its could be a scenario that we could save our life by taking him as captive and try to ask the police for a ransom or play a kidnapping its could go to so many interesting places but its always end up in the boring restrain / jail story.

The only reason that i came back is because i thought ill have those experiences as we had in altis but in GTA Environment.

That would be so amazing .. instead its just boring ass same story over and over again.. 

I never saw a realistic moment that a man sitting on a bike on the side of the street looking at his phone being surrounded by 4 police cars and 1 bike where's the suspicion where is the questions where is the normal "realistic" procedure.. I mean i felt like a terrorist not a peasant drug dealer on the streets.. I don't know what happen the last years because i wasn't here but its just feels really not fun.

Personally, I think the huge problem on the server right now is that character separation is very thin (between your character and you irl). People arent comfortable/ having fun, people are agitated and aggravated, loads of player reports, teamspeak discussions end up just arguments that leave problems unresolved etc. Its the mentality of the community, we are used to something that we shouldnt be used to. 

If you're playing something like COD, Siege or Valorant, you shoot people, people shoot you, when you lose you get aggravated because you're fighting against the person behind the screen, not the character that holds the gun. Its a battle of skill and ego. 

But in RP, you are not your character and your character is not you. If something sad happens, your character is the one who gets sad, not you. If something aggravating happens, your character is the one who goes into rage and feel hatred, not you. Because most people on the server play as themselves and not a made up character (just a different name), whenever something bad happens, they themselves get angry. They dont see that they are playing a character, and if they hate someone, they genuinely hate the person behind the character, not the character itself. They revenge against the player, thus all the player reports and unresolved teamspeak discussions. Its hard to explain to people if they dont understand the "character" concept. Thats why people are playing it like its GTA online, like its an RPG, like any normal game. Because when they come on the server, they dont have this "character" concept. 

I get it. RP is hard, some people dont know how to do accents, you dont know how to play a made up personality. RP is cringe. But if you do wanna RP as yourself cause its easier, then one thing you should remember is seperate it from yourself. And we all have to try our best, it is an RP server. If someone else is trying their best to RP, dont shut them down just because you wont do something like that yourself. 

This is my personal opinion anyways, based on what ive seen on the server and forums. Correct me if im wrong, but I dont think the dev/staff have to do anything. The majority of the server are people who have been in the community for months and years. More than half of the population who are active are in whitelisted factions/ gangs. Honestly, if everyone in these factions have high quality RP, then all these problems wouldve never appeared in the first place.  

@Rastafarii hear you man but looking back at the early days just isnt a fair comparison. Even worse is asking people to change since in their head thats the ideal experience for them. I cant imagine that anyone is out here actively trying to make the experience worse. 
People get bored because they rely on other people to create the story for them rather then do it themselves. There are people/characters out there who carry a HUGE part of the rp in the city, sadly its a small group but when you see them they are usually surrounded by people eager to take part. 

going into 2022 i would like to see the community/staff reward these people, work with them if they ask for help and listen to what they think could improve RP. And maybe the rules/staff policy need to be adjusted to allow that to work more fluently.
I also would love to see the servers development focus more on giving us long term changes. I appreciate that it takes time, im just saying that you can see how excited people get when there is an update and how the server is popping for a few days untill it slowly fizzles out again. Its just a thought but i think we could all use a more challenging and competitive environment that isnt in any faction or groups favour. And i would love to see the dev team communicate better with the community.

And what you’re saying @Ravenz_Goabout people not being able to separate their character from them selves is definitely true, and something i personally never saw in this community until i joined back to try FiveM.

Back