What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here Less than 10 left!

Unban Appeal - Furphy - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Furphy

Lifetime Donator
Lifetime Donator
Unlinked
Unban Appeal for Furphy 

In-game Name: Sean Glasgow

Server: GTA RP

Steam ID: 76561199129846431

Ban ID: !!rpuk6729!!

Reason given for your ban: (G1.3) Baiting

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.: i believe i was banned for (G1.3) for this situation https://youtu.be/L0mFKckp1kY i dont understand why this is considered Baiting in this situation i have just been released from police searching me and i am now on my way down to the police station to make a complaint about the officers warrant card as i made my way down the same traffic cop is blocking the road so i told him he cant park there and he is obstructing traffic he then tells me his name to i then say thank you and leave and i was later banned

Why should we unban you ?: i believe i should be unbanned because there must have been a misunderstanding with the situation i would be more than happy to speak with who ever banned me in TS to try explain it more in depth my intentions where never to get chased or engaged in a gunfight i believe the staff member already made his mind up before i speed off because you can hear him say "enjoy your holiday" before i drive away

Please confirm that you have read the unban appeal process and rules: Yes

You were banned for the piece before that, where you sat silently on a bike waiting for police to engage with you, before driving away, waited for them to catch up, drove away a second time then slowly drove as they followed you on foot. If that isn't baiting, you're behaving like a common troll, not exactly what is expected from someone who falls into the community leader category.

While I was there, and stated enjoy your holiday, I was not the staff member that banned you. The staff member that was overwatching the situation had already messaged me his intention, prior to us talking inside Life Invader, but didn't want to disappear you in a group of players in an active situation.

So to clarify for the record, I hadn't made up my mind on whether or not to ban you as I was directly involved, infact when they first messaged me, I didn't even know who you were because, as stated above you were sat on a bike and drove off without speaking before I gave up making an effort to chase you on foot as a waste of time and energy.

I understand It may have seemed like that but the reason I was waiting around was to try and find out who the girl was and to kidnap her for contacting the police the reason for me to drive away from the police when they ran towards me was because I'm currently banned from driving and not long just got out of prison so didn't want them to know who I was plus the fact I have a gun and drugs on me once I hide my stuff I came back and well you where there so you know what happened they searched me and I never had anything on me and was let on my way as you can hear in the clip I went on to try find the girl again thats when I came across the traffic police blocking the road but I would like to apologise for thinking you were the one to ban me i just thought it was you because of the comment made before me getting banned 

Well, here we are again. 

I cannot stress how disappointing it actually is to see you back here Sean after all that went down during your most recent perm ban. 

Since you have a video of the situation after the cause of your ban, do you happen to have a video of the actual incident that Aiden is referring to? 

No unfortunately my recording software wasn't on at the time the clip i have provided is the only part i have maybe the staff member that was watching me would have a clip of it 

Very well. 

Regardless of your opinions on whether you were actually baiting or not, in the opinion of the staff that dealt with it you were. 

Why is it you've found yourself in situations where you've received permanent bans? 

What are you doing wrong? 

What are you going to change IF you are unbanned? 

In the past I have found myself at the receiving end of a permanent ban as a result of putting my trust in the wrong person which evidentially was a massive mistake when it came to buying a large supply of items. In trusting this person I ended up disrupting the servers economy when in this situation I should have alerted staff as this person was suspicious by agreeing to such a big order The ban I received for this was beyond fair and I spent roughly a month away from the server to repent for my actions my time away showed me how much I enjoy the server and being surrounded by the community that comes along with it and after being away for that period of time I told you in my previous appeal that quota  I can only apologise about this I cant change what’s happened but I can work on moving us in the right direction with the community in mind at all times To this day I have kept to my word I have not had any business with people who are not established members of the community who I know I can trust and until recently I had not done anything that would have resulted in me being banned I have tried to maintain a clean record meaning I have not been getting involved in things that I think could result in me being banned or brought to team speak as I did not want to find myself in this situation again as my last ban felt like it dragged as I usually spend most of my free time in the city making sure my gang members are conducting themselves and not getting into trouble with staff as well as providing high quality roleplay around the server in anything they do meaning that I didn't know what to do with myself as I could not log onto the server to do this or to roleplay Over the past few weeks I have not been in the server as much as usual which is why I was so surprised when banned as it was unexpected to say the least as stated in my earlier reply I did not realise what I was doing is considered baiting but evidentially it is Whilst in Life Invader I had a misunderstanding with police due to another player telling them that I had locked her inside the building this resulted in me wanting to find her and find out why she had alerted police. After the police had searched me and let me go I went to recover my pistol drugs and bike that I had hidden in a remote location prior to the incident As seen in the video I was driving down Dorset Drive near Vangelico when I spotted the interceptor block off the Mercedes to which I tell him that he can not park there and he ignores me which is why I hold down my horn My intention was just to have a laugh with the officer a little bit of throw away RP if you would just a small joke that doesn't really mean nor result in anything other than an interaction between myself and him I can see how me holding down my horn could be considered as baiting in this instance but that was not the intended purpose of me doing this but was in fact as stated before just to have a bit of a laugh with him before we part ways as RP between criminals and police is mainly negative so I thought I'd just give him a small change and move on After the small interaction I begin to drive off and notice him begin to do the same, knowing I am banned from driving I looked back behind me so that I could escape as I didn't want to go to prison or risk having any actions taken against my vehicles just because I was driving around With this situation in mind I would have to adjust my attitude towards police as the leader of an OCG and general criminal my character will always hate the police but I realise that there is a line that shouldn't be crossed as seen with the situation I have found myself in This means that when approaching roleplay between myself and police I will need to be wary of not just what I say  but my actions too this means things like holding my horn or the common thing a lot of people do by opening the boot or getting in the back of cars as for someone in my role of the server that being a gang lead shouldn't be putting myself in situations that could potentially or do get me banned as it paints a bad picture for my gang and for new players to the server who see's someone in a trusted role breaking rules

As has already been stated to you, the situation in your video isn't the reason for your ban. The reason for your ban is what happened just as police arrived at Life Invader to begin with. 

How are we now going to be able to put trust in you to return to our server given what appears to be a lack of thought that goes into many of your decisions that you make on server? 

Even more so, as a Community Leader you should be setting the example for everyone else in your gang and even other players. 

What actions are you going to take, if you get unbanned, that will ensure you never return to this section of the forums?

If I remember correctly the interaction I had with the police prior to this incident was due to myself and the others involved thinking of robbing a girl who entered the building shortly after we had planned to rob life invader but our plans were cut short by someone who had done it roughly ten minutes earlier after noticing this we decided that we were going to leave and come back a few minutes later to make sure that we got the next one whilst leaving we noticed a women run in who we decided to rob leading to us zip tying one of the doors and to our surprise she had done the same thing to the other door Before we could rob her an officer ran in I thought this was because this woman had alerted police due to us acting suspiciously I then went to my bike to be a lookout as I did not want to get arrested due to having a gun and drugs on me along with the fact that i have just had a lengthy sentence After more police arrived to the area a couple of officers decided to run towards me to detain me due to the call they had received in retaliation to this I began to drive off to a set distance on my bike assuming that they would stop following me I had gotten to my desired distance but noticed that they were still on my tail so I decided to drive off again to ensure I did not get caught with what I had on me i stashed my stuff and bike in a random location which is shown in the end of my clip and after arriving back to the scene to see what’s going on I was detained my clip shows everything after that I believe this was what the staff member who banned me considered as baiting me driving away to stop being chased and then proceeding to drive away again when I noticed I was still being followed my intention at the time was not to bait the police officers but was instead to try and get away due to the items I had in my possession and the sentence I would receive if someone managed to somehow positively ID me I believe that I should have your trust as in this situation if this is the part that resulted in my ban my intention was not malicious but instead just to get out of being arrested I know baiting is against the rules and have had it happen to me as a gang member on multiple occasions whether that be in the middle of the day or the earlier hours of the morning where people believe there is a lowered staff presence I know how annoying it is for people to bait reactions out of you because I know from experience that they want you to break rules so that they can get you banned for example I have had people bait me on my gang character and I have had to compose myself in a professional manner and not shoot them to ensure I do not get banned for RDM due to a lack of high quality roleplay because I know that’s what they want iknow as a criminal I do annoy police but I do this with roleplay behind it and intentionally make sure that I am not crossing the line of baiting as I have a level of trust put in me as a gang leader and this means that I have to provide high quality roleplay at all times to show that I deserve this role in the server I believe that if put in this position I should ensure that all of my actions are aligned with the staff’s vision for me as a gang lead this means I need to avoid committing such stupid acts regardless of the level of severity if I was placed back into this exact situation I would have left the area and hid my bike and possessions and then return the area to carry on the roleplay to try and find out why police came down to life invader and who it was that alerted them doing this would mean that my actions would not be considered baiting as I would not have repeated my past actions of driving away and stopping then driving away again whilst officers are making their way towards me
regarding putting your trust in me to be a reliable and trustworthy community leader I do believe that in recent months despite my bans I have been doing my upmost to maintain the reputation of a quality role player and leader as in recent months Ballas as a whole has changed over time an example of this being us doing small events and having interactions with people to allow them to enjoy their roleplaying experience here at RPUK such as our free police car wash or lately a couple of our members have been recreating pawn stars with our pawn shop to add another level of roleplay to us owning the building to my knowledge members aren’t out hunting police to rob and if they are it is not to the same extent it would have been a few months ago and in regards to wars the last fight I recall was at the chapel whilst I was banned I believe this shows that I am passionate about Ballas and I am passionate about the wellbeing of the server as we have transitioned from a gang who were constantly robbing police and having massive shootouts to a community of people who value high quality roleplay and are passionate about providing it to those in the community

Firstly, can I please implore you to actually paragraph your responses. As much as I appreciate effort, it's very difficult to actually read and understand what you're trying to say when it's all in one big paragraph. 

As someone who has 4 bans on record; 

C2.2 - 24/01/2021

G1.2 / G2.5 - 29/03/2021

G1.7 - 03/11/2021

G1.3 - 09/01/2022

It seems trouble seems to follow you. 

Your first ban, we'll throw that down to you being new to the server. Although "understandable" it's still a mark on your record. That's what started off your permanent ban streak. 

Your second ban, which was issued by myself was an RDM / Compliance ban. 

Your third ban was shall we call it 'Glockgate' 

And now, this, your fourth ban. Baiting. 

Why do you think you deserve another chance? Do we give you endless chances? When do we cross the line?

The first ban i hold my hands up to I was new to the server was a learning curve.
The second one although you said he did comply for me he didn't, we knew had guns on him and we did ask him to take them out the car but he still never, plus you said there was a police announcement but again that’s OOC that we never knew about, but I served my time and learned from the situation.
Then after that ban I wasn't in any trouble for roughly 7 months while taking leadership of Ballas, taking all management team have advised and trying to keep that going, yes I got banned for a bad RP deal that I should have contacted staff about but I never thought about that at the time and I was banned for over a month, for that again I thought the fair ban system would have been used for this but non the less, we discussed everything on reports, I learned and its been resolved.
I believe my current ban has just been a misunderstanding on the situation, I was not called in for a chat with anyone, just instantly banned with no converse where I could have genuinely explained my intentions and resolved it there and then, I honestly was not going out my way to bait at all, I am a gang leader I do know better, please believe that.
I have been doing my upmost to improve the RP of Ballas and with my character also, to which may I add has improved I have seen some brilliant hostage situations and my guys getting more involved with events. I have never been banned for the same thing twice, and some time has gone between bans which shows I am taking what you say to heart and putting it into action, at the end of the day we are all here to have fun doing what we love on RPUK, and I want you to know I am and will do my very best going forward if you decide to give me another chance.If you want to bring me into a call I am happy to do that as well, but I am working until tomorow
Thanks for taking the time 
“p.s sorry for my massive paragraph previously, hope this one is ok”

Alright, here is what is going to happen. 

After much deliberation, long conversations and countless members of our staff team discussing you, as a player, within our community it has been decided that you are to be given ONE FINAL CHANCE!

Let me explain to you what I mean by one final chance. 

From today 18/01/2022 forward you are on shall we call it, probation? This means that for the next 6 months anything that you do on server that is considered to be a rule break, whether this be the most basic or most serious of rules and you're going to be re-banned for a MINIMUM of SIX MONTHS without chance to appeal. After the six months are up, without incident, you will return back to the way of the Fair Ban System. (18/07/2022)

You as a long standing member of our community, or even more so Community Leader should know better and should be setting the example to everyone else. You've been given more chances than most, mainly because of the time space between Bans 1 & 2 compared to 3 & 4. 

What is also going to be required is you will need to join me either on Teamspeak or Discord for a verbal conversation about the way you roleplay as a gang leader, actions you take and understanding the consequences of your actions. 

Let me end this off by saying, you have not only let yourself down but you've also let the Ballas down by getting yourself into situations like you have in order to put your name up for question. I issued an unban on your person back in December of 2021, during that time I said to you and I'll say it again, you know better. Don't let me see you be put into a situation again where you let yourself down. 

Remember, it's not all about doing something in that second, it's about the long term. By not doing something that could be iffy in that moment, you have the chance to prolong the roleplay experience for you and others.

Although I will be issuing the unban now, please come find me before logging on server so we can have this conversation.

Unbanned.

Now that you're apart of our community again, please ensure you're fully up-to date with our Community Rules and our game specific rules; GTA RP Rules

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome Back!

Now that you’ve been unbanned don’t forget to give our rules a thorough read over again here.

Please note unbans on the server are instant and you will be able to connect straight away.

Additionally, to get more involved with the community join our Steam Group and Discord!

Steam Group: RPUK Steam Group

Discord: RPUK Discord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back