What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Gang colours

William Antrim

So i was showing a friend around the city the other day as hes never RP'ed before but had heard about it and id talked quite extensively about it, explaining the gang stuff and all of that. As i was doing my best recruitment pitch he said something that struck me as odd. He asked where all the gang members are. it suddenly dawned on me that there seem to be barely any gang members visible now. We went to a few of the different hoods - I am not going to name names because this isnt a troll thread - and there were very few actually wearing any kind of colours. 

Honestly this was massively disappointing. The gangs are one of the things that make this server great, i remember the time before gangs came along and it was a good time but it got so much better with the addition of the turfs and the turf wars and stuff. it made the game more vibrant and colourful and ultimately gave us much better RP. I never bothered to join any of the gangs because i was busy doing my own thing but it was always nice seeing a load of purple fly past or a load of yellow off on another turf war, but you rarely see it now. What changed guys? 

I understand youre a target for the police when you wear your colours but come on now.... you have all the benefits of a gang, exclusive parking spaces, access to work benches, gang safes and a bunch of other stuff I am sure im not privy to but what are you doing to help grow the community and the server? If youre not wearing your colours then why are you in the gang? I remember one of the rules of being in the white listed gangs originally was you had to be in your colours when you were doing gang stuff - this helped others to see who you were and help the server by providing some "villains" for the new players to see and interact with. Its sad that that has gone. It was a unique selling point for the server and its disappointing that its gone away. 

Dont get me wrong I have seen a couple of the gangs being represented still - I wont shout out who for fear of favouritism and bias but you know who you are and thank you for doing it - but the rest of you seriously need to think about the community a little more. The Lost MC wear their cuts, the Police wear their uniform, so do the NHS, plenty of the gangs have their cars all one colour but come on - wear those uniforms too please! be proud of what you have and what you represent. Theres a veritable bucket load of new clothing now - if you need something in your "colour" then put it in the suggestion forum - i am pretty certain that it will be quite easy to get new variations/colours of clothing fairly easily. 

So gang leaders I implore you to set some standards for your gangs, the standards you set are the standards you get. dust off those colours now eh and represent! 

The server needs the gangs easily as much as it needs new police members and new NHS and the rest. 

Wear your colours with pride please!  😄

thank you. 

W

I echo all the statements made in this thread, be proud of your family/group, be proud to wear the colors of a gang banging drug running group, whats the point of you being in a gang if you dont rep them 24/7? Bit of heat from the feds? So what, man up to it and represent the family, wear a mask, if the police know it was you in the first place, something has gone wrong somewhere IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
I echo all the statements made in this threat, be proud of your family/group, be proud to wear the colors of a gang banging drug running group, whats the point of you being in a gang if you dont rep them 24/7? Bit of heat from the feds? So what, man up to it and represent the family, wear a mask, if the police know it was you in the first place, something has gone wrong somewhere IMO.
to an extent yeah, just braindead else

Tbh Ballas are really never out of colours, if you're doing criminal stuff obviously you're not going to incriminate yourselves by wearing colours whilst doing dumb shit but whilst you're around your turf, or anywhere else for that matter you should be wearing what was given to you. Development team put time and effort for you to wear that stuff and you've joined a gang to rep the colours so why not? 

Just my opinion on the matter

I dont see why you'd need to change if you're doing really naughty stuff. 

After all. You're showing that your gang isn't afraid to rob a store in colours or whatever. It's about having some balls. 

When on turf I think all gangs should be wearing their colours. To show strength and presence. 

One comment made to me recently was that gangs not wearing colours so often recently was because of being targeted for robbing of their weapons like the police. 

if you'd rob a shop or whatever in colours thats an easy way to get your turf raided or your entire gang searched/section 47'd

After all. You're showing that your gang isn't afraid to rob a store in colours or whatever. It's about having some balls. 
In my opinion and the opinion of many others, you're not gonna make it easy for police. Why incriminate yourself if you don't have to? It makes no sense in any world to give the police your identity if you don't have to when doing something illegal. I think it's very silly to think gang members are ever going to do things illegal in their own colours. By all means rep your colours and show force but not when you're not wanting to get caught. 

For example.
Police: Follow that generic black car dressed in generic black colour!

Police: Follow that Balla! 

You're just not gonna do it are you?

In regards to others things, police have been given the most power on the server than ever before. Car scraps, raids, license bans. Why make life hell for yourself on the server by having all these things taken from you by wearing your own colours? It makes no sense whatsoever. 

It isn't fun to lose your hard earned vehicles, or your license to never be able to drive on the roads again. This is a game but also Realistic RP. It's hard to find a balance I understand that but at least make it fun for everyone. I think police personally with all the perks they get never see it from a gang's perspective. Why would we ever put our assets that we grind for at risk for something dumb like a shop robbery? All it takes is for a few photos to get sent to CID and a judge's approval and then BOOM that's your car gone forever.

I'd argue its about fronting up pj. I hear you bro. I don't disagree either. But sometimes it's about making a statement. Being fearless. Both ways apply tho. Just my opinion.

Being fearless
This is a sure fire way to end up getting things taken from you. I'm all for wearing colours as I personally am never out of them except for certain occasions. There's even been multiple occasions whilst in gun fights with other gangs/police force where I've rep'd colours but there's a time and a place. I've noticed most of the likes on the first statement are mostly police and obviously my first statement kind of transcends that statement of police not seeing things from both sides. Gangs are scared of police, as they should be. They don't want things taken from them like vehicles and licenses. For a server that's only had this implemented for a short while now as well there's been so many car scraps within the server which is crazy to think as people play to have fun. It's no longer fun as a criminal it seems with no banks to rob and shops not giving you anything worth your time.

I have been going off topic but it seems the only way a criminal ever has a little bit of fun is being "unknown" to police so they don't lose their hard earned assets. This is the main reason I see them going out of colours

gangs would be less scared if there wasnt a fear of losing a firearm if they got searched/raided or whatever just for repping colours, i remember a time when someone accidentally pulled a taser infront of a CID which lead to the entire gang getting pulled up on by trojan and section 47'd

at the end of the day theres more downsides for being in colours 24/7 including crimes than there is for just wearing plain clothes as theres other ways to tell if someones in a certain gang if you really want to know

In my opinion and the opinion of many others, you're not gonna make it easy for police. Why incriminate yourself if you don't have to? It makes no sense in any world to give the police your identity if you don't have to when doing something illegal. I think it's very silly to think gang members are ever going to do things illegal in their own colours. By all means rep your colours and show force but not when you're not wanting to get caught. 

For example.
Police: Follow that generic black car dressed in generic black colour!

Police: Follow that Balla! 

You're just not gonna do it are you?

In regards to others things, police have been given the most power on the server than ever before. Car scraps, raids, license bans. Why make life hell for yourself on the server by having all these things taken from you by wearing your own colours? It makes no sense whatsoever. 

It isn't fun to lose your hard earned vehicles, or your license to never be able to drive on the roads again. This is a game but also Realistic RP. It's hard to find a balance I understand that but at least make it fun for everyone. I think police personally with all the perks they get never see it from a gang's perspective. Why would we ever put our assets that we grind for at risk for something dumb like a shop robbery? All it takes is for a few photos to get sent to CID and a judge's approval and then BOOM that's your car gone forever.
Completely agree, i honestly can't see where this mentality that when you are robbing something big you should show that it's you doesn't make any sense, if that was the case i would prefer being a random civ because less risk for that.

And if you really think about it if we were robbing stuff in colors all the time what's the point of CID they would have less stuff to investigate because it would be so black and white that no need to investigate anything.

After all, gangs should be reping their colors in their turfs and showing presence on their respective turfs, but when they go rob a bank they are not gonna be doing it in colors xd, I am pretty sure that's how most of the people that play gang life feel because It's what makes sense.

It doesn't even make sense roleplay wise, why the fuck would i incriminate my self ...

It's already hard enough for gangs nowdays don't make it worse... (don't come with the comment just leave the gang or i will flip)  PS: I am not saying to make it less complicated here just think it shouldn't be even more.

I can see that it's hard to balance gang vs cops but that will always be like that i can understand when cops complain about certain things and i can understand when gangs complain about certain things i can see both sides even thought i have only been in a gang i have not complained about cops doing their job how they should do. for example i think i am not the only one in a gang that thinks that police were getting robbed way to much before the recent update that unable them to be robbed.

At the moment there is only so much a gang can do at this moment the only things gangs do are : Gang wars, Sell guns, Sell Coke, Rob  - This is gang life summarized in 7 words and these 4 are already complicated enough to do without cops being on your tail if you go ahead and obligate people to do these 4 or 3 in colors than it would be even harder. (gang wars are usually in colors anyway)

Yeah I hear that too. With the prevalent robbery culture added on top of the risk of stop and search by police any gang member has a big target on their backs. Thats obvious and undoubtedly people get salty if they lose stuff too. That's human nature. 

Part of that is about choosing what you carry on a daily basis. I own several guns but rarely carry them as its not needed but I know others who always carry. 

Another part of that problem is the police. I'm not police so I don't know the rules intimately but if gang colours are probably cause for stop and search then we have a clear cut piece of the problem. That would be prejudice.

It should take quantifiable action to cause grounds for a search. Even then, severity of action should warrant appropriate response. 

In reggies example above I think that's clearly way OTT. That will drive people away quickly. 

Maybe then the entire server needs an attitude check. Is what they are doing beneficial to more than just themselves basically. Is it enhancing everyone's experience. 

That might be a little off topic too but it's worth a thought.

For what it's worth I wasn't saying hit pac standard with 25 guys in purple/red/black etc including 25 cars blocking the street to show no fear. Some things will always need to be done incognito but other stuff should be done visibly. 

If I'm doing something to advance my characters story, why the fuck would I be wearing gang clothing? Whatever I do at that time, has nothing to do with the gang or organisation but myself. Me, being part of an org is only part of my characters story. I don't live and breath and do everything with the org. I have my own clothes, cars and activities that I do on the daily that do not involve the org at all. Why should I represent them if they have nothing relevant to do with what I'm doing in my own time?

Whats braindead?
gangs repping their colours all the time in criminal activities, if that was the case there'll be a new gang every week because people will be getting life. its a game at the end of the day, can only be so realistic up until the point where it's not longer fun

Not strictly true at all Gecko. What criminality do gangs actually do on their  turf? sell drugs? what are the penalties for selling drugs? a few minutes in prison and some police RP? is it really too much to ask to actually consider helping someone else to have a nice RP experience? even if that involves going to prison? 

If gangs DONT represent their colours then what makes them different from the none-whitelisted gangs? Why should that group get the benefits of being in a gang when theyve done nothing to earn it? The idea of the gangs - originally as i understand it - was to provide the server with some premium RP from a criminal perspective. Plenty of the gangs did that but it seems like recently youve got more people wanting the benefits and nobody wants to actually put the graft in. Its just a shame. Ive seen plenty of gangs trying to provide something similar to that who arent getting the recognition that the turf gangs instantly get and not getting any of the benefits but still trying all the same. 

There are some great gang members out there. Its just a shame that so many people are afraid of actually representing their turf. That sort of stuff really WOULDNT happen IRL. If you were caught not representing your turf youd get filled in big time at the very least, if not worse. Its a shame. 

If I'm doing something to advance my characters story, why the fuck would I be wearing gang clothing? Whatever I do at that time, has nothing to do with the gang or organisation but myself. Me, being part of an org is only part of my characters story. I don't live and breath and do everything with the org. I have my own clothes, cars and activities that I do on the daily that do not involve the org at all. Why should I represent them if they have nothing relevant to do with what I'm doing in my own time?
if youre enjoying the benefits of being in a gang then surely you should devote part of your time towards helping the gang and not focus purely on helping yourself no? 

There are some great gang members out there. Its just a shame that so many people are afraid of actually representing their turf. That sort of stuff really WOULDNT happen IRL. If you were caught not representing your turf youd get filled in big time at the very least, if not worse. Its a shame.
There's a line between repping the gang and being to some extent a "smart" criminal. You mentioned selling drugs on gang turf in colours, police wouldn't casually patrol a known gang turf/area out of fear for their lives, that isn't the case with the server and as a result of that, the criminals act differently. I'll always stick by the fact that the server can only have so much "realism" until the point that it becomes not enjoyable, or is just an unrealistic expectation.

You wouldn't get "filled in big time" for protecting your gang and not making it easy for police to take away everything you own. "Realistically" police would barely ever touch your stashes of weapons and drugs unless someone close to you ratted out where your shit is stored. "Realistically" there are near infinite places for you to hide shit not just a house, cars, containers, friends houses, etc.

The way I see it is, there's times where you want people to know what you've done, whether that be police or other gangs and you rep your colours fully during that so the message gets across. As opposed to say, when you wanna get rid of some one quietly, you don't want anyone knowing so you wont be repping your colours. Not all gang members are stupid, they know what to do and what not to do in order to evade the consequences of their actions, and sometimes they just don't give a shit.

It could also just end with constant gun fights because gang members are sick of getting searched by police and want to get back at them, or they have a shit ton of goodies on them and don't want to lose it the police and get in shit from other members. This ends up in potentially more gun fights and that's not good is it.

Probably more shit to go on about but this'll do.

if youre enjoying the benefits of being in a gang then surely you should devote part of your time towards helping the gang and not focus purely on helping yourself no? 
What absolute shit are you chatting? Who said I don't? There's me time and there's gang time.

yeah i absolutely see your point but i feel its a little bit extreme to prove a point. I think there are some inaccuracies in it also, IRL gangs do have initiations, beatings and all sorts of other potentially violent ends to people who dont play by their rules. It is very publicly available if you just do a quick google search on the subject, so yeah reality does play a part here.

Police should patrol all turfs, they dont at the moment and thats not a good thing. would be much better if more actually did but thats a whole separate issue.  most people dont carry expensive or hard to replace items on them for the most part from what ive seen for just that reason. however plenty of people also just sit around on turfs chatting, which is also fine. its your game play it your way, but why not just put some time in in your colours. You dont need to have guns on you at all times just as the police arent going to come and randomly search you just for being in colours - they need a threshold of evidence - reasonable suspicion etc - they simply dont have this unless there is a LOT of work going in behind the scenes on a gang and a specific operation, certainly nothing a beat bobby would be involved in - so this doesnt really cut it either in my eyes. at the end of the day i want to see more people actually work for their gang instead of getting the benefit without doing any work. Its not fair on the none-whitelisted gangs. Youre expected to set a standard and some of these reasons ive seen so far for now wearing colours really dont wash with me - it just looks like excuses. 😄 

it would be the equivalent of the police officer (uniformed) saying hey i dont fancy wearing my uniform today im gonna go arrest some people in my civvies cos i can..... can you imagine the shit show that would ensue? Police are held to a high standard of RP, gangs should be held to the same standards. Youre doing your part for your community, not just for yourself. 

W

What absolute shit are you chatting? Who said I don't? There's me time and there's gang time.
lol please stop. you need to take a second and have a deep breath and then  think about what i wrote and try to see it from another point of view. 

Back