What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

What is RPUK ?

Ravenzzz

Lifetime Donator
Lifetime Donator
Scrolling through the forums, I saw lots of posts about the RP quality on the server and several discussions on how to improve the sommunity as a whole. This is really good as it seems like everyone is starting to band together and find the solution to recent problems or ones thats been there for ages but never solved. In this post, i'd like to open up a new discussion from a different perspective. 

What is RPUK ? (GTAV FiveM)

• When you go on the wiki, it says : " a roleplay-focused community where roleplay and unique scenarios take precedence over everything else! Upon joining you will notice not everything is fed to you with a spoon, not everything is marked, a lot is not on the map and has to be worked out through roleplay and adventure! "
  • When you wanna join the server on FiveM, it says : " Roleplay.co.uk | British Themed | Serious RP | ...... "
  • When you finally log in the server, it says : " ... serious Roleplaying community within the UK and Europe .... "

Now from these definitions, you'd expect a community where people take everything very seriously, be it having fun seriously or making proper RP scenarios, no trolls, no exploiters etc. It is also British themed so you'd expect some items/ laws that originate from the UK. The only thing that is stressed here is "serious Roleplay". 

How realistic should the server be ? 

Looking through the community chat, suggestions etc, lots of them get support/denied by the people based on how "realistic" it is. How important is realism in the server ? What level of realism are we supposed to have on the server ? Everyone keeps saying that the server should be " as realistic as possible, but not so real because at the end of the day its juts a game ". Here are a couple of examples to explain this : 

• Mehanic jobs and repair kits. Some people say repair kits should be more expensive/ only exclusive to whitelisted mechanics cause " realistically "only mechanics can repair cars. But not everyone wants to be a mechanic so there are situations where you cant reach a mechanic. It is a game so how realistic should it be ?
  • UK laws. People suggested vehicle taxes etc, and people argue that its a game it doesnt have to be that real. But also go on and say guns are hard to get in the UK, this is not the US ! Yes the server is "British themed", but not a UK replica. It is a game, so in my personal opinion, some laws can technically be introduced or altered because it is a fake country in a game. How realistic should all the laws be ? Does it need to copy the UK laws 1 by 1 ? Or should we be able to alter it to fit the " RPUK Country " that we created ?
  • Special events. Occasionally we have special events on the server like the halloween event. You have staff dressing up as ghosts and scaring people, the recent "Squid Game" event, the mini tank battle on Cayo Perico, etc. All these events are really fun and people would definitely like more of them. However, these events arent actually "realistic" . But people love them. I think lots of imaginative and creative stuff on the server gets shutdown because "it isnt realistic", but special events are an exception because its handled by staff.  

So, again, how realistic should the server be ? I do think its up to us to decide how we want the server to be. Is it a UK replica ? Is it a fake new country with its own laws that may be similar to the UK but not entirely. How realistic should jobs and interactions be on the server ? Should we give more leniency because it is a game ? What are people's thoughts on this ? I believe if we can answer all this and set things straight (what kind of server we want to be), then I think most peoblems on the server can be solved quite easily and quicker than before. 

oJH95iZ.jpg

I feel like on RPUK at the moment it's all weapon focused, drug focused, basically a GTA Online with rules in place with little RP.

A lot of the server is criminal based, not a lot to do other than sell drugs and rob people, yes there is taxiing, mechanics but there is little to no RP with these jobs, I once had a guy come up to my car without saying anything and repaired it with no RP whatsoever and then said "1k to 90 please".

I feel like this server is GangRP more than anything else, it's also a server full of grafting, you need to graft for a lot to be recognised in the server otherwise you're deemed as basically useless.

May of gone off-track I do ramble on a lot but I do feel like jobs need to be tweaked to realism a bit more, need more RP jobs that make the roleplay experience more there, I remember being told under my suggestion for mining that "RPUK is not a server to be grafting for money, it's meant to be an RP server" but there's little RP.

NHS provide great RP in my opinion and we need people to look at the RP line and rise to it because each day I feel like it's getting more and more repetitive.

UK Laws I genuinely believe the server should have their own laws, because in reality GTA is American based, we drive on the right side of the road, there are so many guns on the streets I am surprised it isn't an American based server at this rate.

Just my opinion of the server atm feel free to disagree or agree.

Back