What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Mechanic Level Broken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank Johnson

According to my phone i am mechanic level 1.98 but when i talk to the npc he says im level 0.  Also i cannot start jobs unless i talk to the npc because i get an error saying i need to be level 1.

20220215105452_1.jpg

20220215101556_1.jpg

Could you get us a screen shot of this error as it may help find the issue

Clock out and in?

@wilsy007as george said have you attempted to clock out and clock back in?

@wilsy007after looking at the code this isn't actually a bug, you get levelled up each time you hit progression 4.0.

I'm not earning the same when clocked on as mechanic as I should be based on my other characters. Also my other characters can start jobs anywhere on the map this one can't.  There's definitely a bug somewhere. 

I'm not earning the same when clocked on as mechanic as I should be based on my other characters. Also my other characters can start jobs anywhere on the map this one can't.  There's definitely a bug somewhere. 
it resets back to 0 once you level up so that's likely why you are thinking it's the same thing

Last edited by a moderator:
This is my other character.  I can start jobs anywhere on the map with this character and they get paid a higher hourly rate despite being a lower level.

20220218194237_1.jpg

20220218194253_1.jpg

As I said you would've reached progression 4.0 once on the character you are talking about also there isn't any pay changes when you are a higher level so I'm not sure what you are on about there.

When the skill level reaches 4.0 it then levels up your actual mechanic level and resets the skill back to 0 is what I'm trying to say.

I havent reached level 4 though i have only just reached level 2.  One character earns £4o per hour the other only £30 i think

I havent reached level 4 though i have only just reached level 2
You aren't understanding what I'm saying... the "progression/skill" part is separate from the mechanic level. The mechanic level goes up everytime you reach the "progression/skill" of 4 and once it goes up the "progression/skill" resets back to 0. It's kind of like an XP system.

One character earns £4o per hour the other only £30 i think
This makes sense now, that's because the second character is a higher mechanic level than the first.

You aren't understanding what I'm saying... the "progression/skill" part is separate from the mechanic level. The mechanic level goes up everytime you reach the "progression/skill" of 4 and once it goes up the "progression/skill" resets back to 0. It's kind of like an XP system.
I still dont understand what you mean by this.  One character has reached progression/skill level 1.12 and shows level one with the npc and can start a job anywhere on the map.  The other one is progression/skill level 2.02 but shows as level 0 on the npc and can only get a job when talking to the npc.

This makes sense now, that's because the second character is a higher mechanic level than the first.
The character earning less is the character with the higher mechanic level.

I still dont understand what you mean by this.  One character has reached progression/skill level 1.12 and shows level one with the npc and can start a job anywhere on the map.  The other one is progression/skill level 2.02 but shows as level 0 on the npc and can only get a job when talking to the npc.

The character earning less is the character with the higher mechanic level.
No, the character earning less has the lower mechanic level. As I've stated multiple times the number shown on the progression notification & the skills app is the XP and when you reach 4.0 XP it then increases the level up by one.

Maybe @George Harrisor @Paintcould explain this better as currently this is just going in circles.

@wilsy007There are 2 levels:

- The mechanic level (shown when talking to the NPC)
- The skill level/XP (shown in the skills app on your phone)

Whilst doing mechanic jobs, you gain skill/XP, which in turn increments the number shown in the skill app. Your mechanic level will still be 0.
Once you reach a skill level of 4, your mechanic level is then incremented by 1 and your skill level is reset.

It's a basic levelling system you'd find in lots of other games, only that the XP requirements are linear (you always need 4 skill XP to gain the next mechanic level).

One character has reached progression/skill level 1.12 and shows level one with the npc and can start a job anywhere on the map.
Mechanic Level 1: 4 XP
Skill Level: 1.12 XP
Total Skill Level: 5.12 XP

The other one is progression/skill level 2.02 but shows as level 0 on the npc and can only get a job when talking to the npc.
Mechanic Level 0: 0 XP
Skill Level: 2.02 XP
Total Skill Level: 2.02 XP

I hope this clarifies how one of your characters has a larger paycheck despite having a smaller skill level.

TL;DR:

- Mechanic Level: Important level providing access to advanced mechanic features
- Skill Level: Experience points used to reach the next mechanic level

I am still unsure if this is correct as the new character which is showing level 1 has only been in the city for about 3 or 4 weeks and hasnt done as many jobs.  I will grind out on my main character and update.

Sorry, either we've been unable to reproduce this bug with enough detail, or its not been considered a bug.
Nevertheless, we appreciate your efforts, please do not be discouraged in submitting new bug reports going forward.​

200.gif

Thread locked & moved to Rejected

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back