What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here 5 left!

Unban Appeal - William Antrim - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

William Antrim

Unban Appeal for William Antrim 

In-game Name: william antrim

Server: GTA RP

Steam ID: 76561198058539262

Ban ID: 2.9

Reason given for your ban: item transfer

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.: was banned for transferring money from one player to another. The transfer initially was legal as i was giving money to someone for a legitimate purpose but the individual decided against completing the transaction and returned the money to me. However in my naivety i received the money back on the wrong character, not the person who sent the money in the first place. I should not have done this I realise it was wrong and naturally regret doing it. the other person did nothing wrong. i accept full responsibility for the actions.

Why should we unban you ?: 

This has been reposted from previous appeal because whilst the time stamp has changed the sentiment has not and i think it succinctly says everything I want to say.

I would like to be unbanned because i would like to attempt to repair my reputation within the community. I am an arsehole at times and i am incredibly blunt, to the point I am basically marmite. However I have found that in the 2 years or so I have been involved in this community in one form or another I have come to really enjoy my time here. Obviously I can say "honestly guys i am really sorry and i wont do it again" but lets be fair here, literally everyone says that and I imagine some even go as far as to believe themselves when they say it. I would rather skip over that part and just be brutally honest. I miss playing here. I have had a pretty stressful month or so recently with RL things going on in the world and it gave me a chance to pause and time to reflect. I was invited to help with some stuff behind the scenes a few nights ago and it made me realise how much i have missed some members of the community here (who shall also remain nameless for fear of ego inflation). i was able to help out in a small way, i wont go into details but basically it was nice to be involved in stuff again and be able to give some time back to the community. I hope to be able to continue to do this in the future but it would be kind of nice to also have some skin in the game I guess too. ive made a few mistakes in my time and ive broken some rules inadvertently i wont lie. I dont have a perfect record but I also dont intentionally set out to sabotage the community or any of its players. i am a bit blunt with people at times but thats a part of my personality and isnt something i can change easily.

I had a previous unban appeal turned down, i would like to take this opportunity to apologise to that person individually as well, i think we got our wires crossed a little bit and there were some words expressed and maybe taken the wrong way. i am not going to mention names but i would just like to say sorry for any offence caused, it was certainly not intended.

I am annoyed at myself that something like this got out of hand so quickly, its not normal for me and i pride myself on my integrity normally. i realise i could have easily rectified the mistake originally but i didnt do it and so i hold my hands up to the punishment i have received.

I am a firm believer that actions speak louder than words, Macbeth Act 2 Scene 1 if youre a Shakespeare fan. Words to the heat of deeds doth cold breath give.

To that end I will continue to try to help in some small ways behind the scenes if I am invited to do so as I genuinely really enjoyed that. I still lurk on the forums plenty reading the suggestions threads also as I think this is an integral part of growing the community and supporting its members to post some brilliant ideas.

If youre still reading at this point then thank you for sticking with me, its been a great cathartic experience and it has helped me to realise that all of the people who volunteer their time here deserve a massive round of applause as it really is a great community and one i am proud to call myself a part of.

Many thanks for your time

best regards

Judge Antrim (retired). 🙂

Please confirm that you have read the unban appeal process and rules: Yes

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello William, 

it is nice to see that you want to be here and have not given up trying. Also, there is no apology needed, there is no hard feelings whatsoever. It happened, was dealt with and we can move on.

It did not go unnoticed that, although banned on the server, you have stuck around and kept on getting involved in things one way or the other. To me, that shows that you are someone who can and wants to be valuable to this community. 

Thus, I will cut straight to the chase. Your ban will be lifted, however, I´m sure you are aware of the conditions that will come with this unban?  You coming back will go hand in hand with a full account wipe. You can keep your characters, but all assets are going to be deleted.

Do you agree to these terms? 

Is there any possibility of anything being retained? Or an alternative solution? 

I have a few sentimental pieces which I'd like to retain if possible as the memories attached to them are what keeps me interested. 

The initial rule break wasn't intentional, my record whilst not perfect and squeaky clean it has never been about wilfully or intentionally screwing another player. I had acquired a lot of stuff over the two years almost I've been here and I'd be sad to see some of it go due to one issue. Even if its only a few bits.

I wonder if there is room for leniency or clemency in this case. I'm not asking for special treatment but more looking at ways to help rehabilitate and possibly offer others a similar chance if found in the same situation going forward. 

In short I would prefer not to have to grind endlessly for assets to be replaced but would rather spend any time I have on the server involved in rp as that's what I am here for. 

For example when the vagos and Grove St got sent to prison recently on a permanent basis they were all locked up till they could provide some good rp to get back in the good books? Could something like this be considered? I'd go to prison for 3 months (ad an example) and spend some time in there maybe and reach out to some of my cohabitants and try to help them rehab also. 

As a former judge I'm certain it wouldn't be an easy gig but I'm up for the challenge. I'd rather do that than grind forever. If I had nothing to come back to it would put me off a bit that's all. 

Alternatively would it be possible to donate assets to the value of the original amount plus x amount (whatever you think is reasonable) so that father Augustus can finally fix the church roof? 😀

I only ask because as I said before it was unintentional and I hope to maybe fix stuff but to do that honestly I need more than just a Boris bike. 

I figured if you don't ask then you don't get and I am more than happy to put the work in. 

If some of the gangs are going to prison soon for shit rp again, per the other thread ponty made it might be nice to have someone on the inside to help them see the errors of their ways and... Well, here I am! 😀

Edit: this is not an April fools request. 2nd edit for shit formating cos I'm on my phone.

Unfortunately, as much as I understand that losing valuable assets is upsetting, it is the standard procedure for this particular rulebreak. You are not an exception to this and if your reasoning for coming back is the community and the roleplay, you will have to live with it. 

Also, one more thing... During your time away, we found another transfer back in september, bringing your total of transferred money from one to another character to about 2mil worth of cash. Was that also a mistake?

No idea on that sorry. I wasn't even in the country for a lot of September. No worries then it was only a few bits and bobs nothing expensive. Pixels are pixels at the end of the day. I figured it's worth an ask as I said.  

Since that was over half a year ago, I am willing to give you the benefit of the doubt. However, if we find you transfer anything between your characters ever again, and be it just a smoothie, you will find yourself back here right away and it will take a lot longer before we will even consider letting you come back, is that understood? 

It wasn't done on purpose previously so it isn't something I  plan to repeat. I can assure you of that. My integrity is more important to me than anything else. I accept whatever you decide to do as I said before. 

Thank you very much for your time I appreciate all that you do. 

Awaiting wipe.

Very well. 

All your characters were wiped, so I will go ahead and lift your ban now. However, if we find any transaction between your characters from now on, and be it just a smoothie, you will find yourself back here immediately. 

Welcome Back!

Now that you’ve been unbanned don’t forget to give our rules a thorough read over again here.

Please note unbans on the server are instant and you will be able to connect straight away.

Additionally, to get more involved with the community join our Steam Group and Discord!

Steam Group: RPUK Steam Group

Discord: RPUK Discord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back