What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here Less than 10 left!

Impound

Im_Big_Red

What is everyone's thoughts on this?

A specific job role for someone to keep the impound tidy, make sure trucks are returned, locals cars not dumped on the pavements and stay in designated bays. The permission to be able to impound what is needed.

Not a role that 100 people sign on to, but like 2 or 3 specific individuals as a proper job role. Maybe a position through the PD?.

would be good to have the cars that get left there impounded for money tbh, by the mechanics who work there. that would keep it tidier. 

The money that is earned should NOT be as much as the money earned from NPC jobs however (to stop people just taking any old car and dumping it there) but enough of an incentive to actually keep the place clean. 

It would definitely be helpful to the people working there. Back when I first joined the Vikings were working to keep the pegasus delivery hub tidy + phoning in to police to impound stray vehicles i think. But the impound lot is so messy atm. I don't know how anyone else feels about this but it might help to remove the parking bay inside the impound section so you don't have people constantly driving in and out who arent actually working, and leave parking to the left section where u recover cars? 

raise the money you get back from the trucks when returning it, so the value of it is higher and people do not dump it rather than dragging a new one out, instead of fueling it up or repairing it. 

raise the money you get back from the trucks when returning it, so the value of it is higher and people do not dump it rather than dragging a new one out, instead of fueling it up or repairing it. 
I agree right now you get £62 back from £500 and single jobs gives you 400k. Returning car will not give you much. 

I can see the job working if they're appointed by the police or courts with sufficient monitoring being done to ensure they don't abuse their position. The should also just be able to impound the vehicles that are left there for a reasonable profit, perhaps a little less then the usual £3,750 due to volume, this would discourage mechanics from pulling out loads of tucks and waiting for the 'traffic warden' to mark then all for impound and then make £7,000 per truck very quickly.

I also agree with Kate, if the return percentage for the trucks was increased more people would bring their trucks back, to add to this the cost of trucks could be raised to a more significant price like £2,000 with it then giving you this back when you return it.

It would be quite interesting to see the impound lot become a player run business though so it would be great to see people take on these roles as it could lead onto something greater.

Nothing stopping you from doing this yourself, maybe you'd need to be a G6 / Police officer to actually impound vehicles but back when trucking was big there was a guy who would direct traffic there and keep it clean.

Nothing stopping you from doing this yourself, maybe you'd need to be a G6 / Police officer to actually impound vehicles but back when trucking was big there was a guy who would direct traffic there and keep it clean.
I have been doing this alone, Used many lock picks to unlock trucks just dumped ect but there Is only so much I can do without having any powers in place. Also with me stood there for hours tidying up after other people and having no income is pretty useless also.

I have been doing this alone, Used many lock picks to unlock trucks just dumped ect but there Is only so much I can do without having any powers in place. Also with me stood there for hours tidying up after other people and having no income is pretty useless also.
Call the cops on your phone and ask one politely to come down and impound all of the vehicles and you will make a mint. 

i know, but why not give the mechanics a bit of interaction with it instead you know? 
This has been mentioned a few times in police meetings and is to discourage people pulling out more and more trucks or abandoning vehicles at the impound in the hopes that they will then be able to impound them all, so we get told to just impound them using bob instead of a mechanic impound.

Back