What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Report a player - 533 and 297 - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karen Smith

Donator
Donator
Somewhere drinking vodka and talking too the voice
Report a player 

Your In-game Name: Karen McCormick

Name and/or ID of the player(s) you are reporting: 533 and 297

Which server did the incident take place on: GTA RP

Date of the incident: 04/12/22

Time of the incident (GMT) 24hr Format: --

What best describes this incident ?: Hacking

Please (in detail) describe the incident: So i was preparing my self to have a small RP by robbing the pharmacy around midnight to 12 april. Pretending to have a bomb in a box on the floor. And i had spilled some petroll on the floor. Just to make it a little more exiting and fun. While i was lockpicking i heard someone show up. I saw the man inside and told him to step out because i had a bomb. He walked out at said "cool" while he ran outside.

While i was standing there he started to talk saying that the bomb was unstable and that he is gonna turn a microwave and see what happends. I asked if he was police and he said i dont know, the bomb looks unstable im gonna turn on this microwave. I noticed that the box i had on the floor was gone so i placed a new one.

he then counts down and as you can see it explodes around me.

To be honest im not sure if the woman was a part of this because she sounded really schocked.

After this i got picked up and on the way to hospital i was not downed anymore. Unfortanly i did not get this guys ID but he did give me 69 pound 4-5 times. His horn on the car was beeping all the time. Dont know if he is a hacker too. He called him self Tom. I did not get his ID unfortanly. But maybe you guys can find it and see your self if he was hacking? I do not have more video proff than this because im still learning how to use medal. Im sorry about that.

https://medal.tv/games/gta-v/clips/hsuSCh7mBQDVC/d13374JkwqMz?invite=cr-MSwzOTIsMzI1NzI0Mzgs

Link to any evidence (Youtube/Screenshot):

https://medal.tv/games/gta-v/clips/hsoyCz_0pNvmU/d1337oQzZDL5?invite=cr-MSx6bnksMzI1NzI0Mzgs
This report is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth!: Yes

You tried to resolve the situation with the player(s) before reporting: No

This is not a revenge report (Abuse will lead to forum/community bans): Yes

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello @tanjaah99

I can confirm the person involved in this interaction is a member of RPUK staff. This will negate the concern the individual is a hacker. The female in the clip is also identifiable, so I am satisfied there is nothing occurring here from a cheater/hacker. 

With that in mind are you happy with the above or do you have anything further to ask or clarify?

I understand you did raise a ticket and the reply might not have matched up with what I've said, so apologies for that!

My question is, why would a Staff do that and leave me be there for 20-25 minutes? That Just ruined the whole roleplay for me. Even tho i got back and continue with my plan it still was a stupid thing to do. 

Like the person i talked to in the ticked Said 

"I can assure you it is not admins messing around with you, you weren't actually 'not downed' as in whenever you're downed and get pulled out of a car..your body decides to stand up from a bug POV but if they hit you with a car, it would place you into the downed animation."

Why are you now saying it is Staff  doing this? 

It wasnt a joke per say, it serves a lesson for those using the current bomb meta that seems to insidiously creeping into the server. There is an inherent problem with the bomb meta currently, bomb threats are a seemingly becoming a daily occurence with characters not realising the potential full consequences of their actions. There seems to be a belief from a subset of players that the threat of a bomb means that there will be limited police intervention. While this may not have been what you were planning, you are not the first nor will you be the last person to claim to have a bomb. If players understood the risk that their "bomb" may go off because their crudely made home device isn't quite rdx then perhaps everyone will be more careful of using the threat of explosive devices, after all this is not Kabul. You're not the first to have their device go pop either, the triads suffered the same fate a few months back.

What I can only apologise for is you not being revived in a timely manner, that's on me. I did stick in a police dispatch for you to get picked up after realising there was no NHS online and had planned on returning to take you to hospital, however at that point you'd gone, presumably with whoever gave you £69 repeatedly (not sure who or what that was about) I was conscious of the fact you'd been down for a large portion of time, so you were admin reved at the hospital so you could carry on your night. 

My aim was not to detract from your time on the server hence the eventual admin revive but warn you, and by dint of this report others the danger that if everyone threatens explosives, they may start going bang, or if caught face the strongest possible consequences the law can throw at them which currently nobody seems to appreciate the step between, use of firearms to use of explosive devices, there's a pretty big gulf there in terms of offence.

I didn't see the ticket, otherwise I'd have clarified there, as well as the explanation I gave ic after the bomb exploded.

To be honest. I did not know that bomb treats is a thing that have been a lot of in City. I was only playing my crazy Characters part. The part where voices she is hearing made her do this. 

I understand why you did as you did. But i kind of wish i got pulled out by you and that we had a chat about it insted. Be like, hey lately its been a lot of this. Its bomb meta please dont do this. Because i would understand that and Made a completely new scenario insted. Or that we took a chat after my RP scenario. 

Because it was pretty shit to be laying there and wait. Pretty confused about Everything. But maybe you all that are Staff could make an annoncment or something like that to make everyone aware about using bomb treats and stuff. Then maybe it would not happen to often. Because i litterly did not know that this has been happening a lot. And that its called bomb meta. 

And maybe as staff members have a little more communications with eachother, because i got told this was not staff, and me making this report kind of made me feel stupid. 

To be honest. I did not know that bomb treats is a thing that have been a lot of in City. I was only playing my crazy Characters part. The part where voices she is hearing made her do this. 
In character terms, your crazy character did something very risky, and just paid a price. I'm assuming your character hasn't been bomb-disposal trained and was just hacking something together in a rush from some internet terrorists cookbook, rather than having any formal training?

In which case, an unexpected explosion is very often what happens. Usually the perpetrator dies, so you kinda got lucky. I'd say just roll with it.

I understand why you did as you did. But i kind of wish i got pulled out by you and that we had a chat about it insted. Be like, hey lately its been a lot of this. Its bomb meta please dont do this. Because i would understand that and Made a completely new scenario insted. Or that we took a chat after my RP scenario. 
My investigations reveal that the staff members concerned did actually try to make contact with you but got no response. Remember, staff are often 'in-roleplay' too, and don't always have the ability to be in multiple places at once simultaneously. We call them gods, but they are far short of being omnipotent! 😄

The length of time you were downed was unfortunate, but nothing out of the ordinary, considering that you could just as easily have been shot by someone else had they encountered you with a bomb and taken a dislike, and decided to shoot you in the face. It's just as valid. As it turns out the staff/management involved did take pity and revive you just as you left the carpark, enabling you to play on. I appreciate you were possibly confused, but your chatter in the car doesn't really fit someone who's been near-fatally wounded in an explosion, so let's just consider that you were 'stunned' for a period of time, and leave it at that.

Because it was pretty shit to be laying there and wait. Pretty confused about Everything. But maybe you all that are Staff could make an annoncment or something like that to make everyone aware about using bomb treats and stuff. Then maybe it would not happen to often. Because i litterly did not know that this has been happening a lot. And that its called bomb meta. 
We don't always take that route, for the reasons I gave above (time, availability, seeing it in the first place, etc) - but more to the point, we don't like to break immersion on stuff that isn't a rulebreak, per se. If we can handle it 'in the world', it stays 'in the world'.

TBH, we don't (yet) want to end all talk of the bomb meta (which isn't really a thing, it's just a name we're calling an emergent, player-organic meme that appears to be catching on, a bit), but it is important for anyone who wishes to RP such things, that there might be in-RP consequences.

Some people regard the gambit of resorting to 'implied' things that don't actually exist in the game-world, but which force other people to do things like consider their lives, or change their own RP strategies, as powergaming, and I think we need to be careful of that as a community. I mean, a fertiliser bomb today could be an atom bomb tomorrow, or a chemical nerve-agent, etc, etc, and if every situation ends up being ended by (say) the perpetrator threatening to blow up the entire world or steer an asteroid into the gas station by sheer mind-control then, well, it gets a bit nuts.

I'm happy for a certain amount of 'wiggle room' for the sake of a good story, but one must remember that when dealing with dangerous things like bombs, nothing is guaranteed. Some days you get the elevator, and some days you get the shaft...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBjKZaSvfGg

And maybe as staff members have a little more communications with eachother, because i got told this was not staff, and me making this report kind of made me feel stupid. 
We do, by and large, and the process you went through is not unusual. We have multiple staff trying their hardest to cover 300+ people on the server at any one time, plus deal with tickets, forum posts, Teamspeak chats and requests for help, dealing with (real) hackers, coordinating plans and opinions as to how certain things get responded to... and, if they have any time left in their already crazily busy work-life balance, some of them like to actualy ROLEPLAY, for themselves - which let's face it, is the reason they came to this community, just like you.

Nobody gets paid here. Absolutely nobody. And many of them (like me) devote far more hours to helping out here, than is probably healthy or wise. We do so, because we love the roleplay, the fantasy, the experience, and the players (by and large). It's a great social experiment that still amazes us that it works so well.

So, with all due respect, given that this incident happened quite late on a Monday night, and we're here dealing with it rationally as soon as we can the next morning - whilst handling our actual lives (for example, I have just had to give instruction to a solicitor while typing this message to you, to exchange contracts on my deceased mother's house) - I'd say you were getting pretty good service, Karen, all things considered.

No need to feel stupid. It was a strange situation, and certainly might have been confusing at first, but hopefully makes a bit more sense now. Nobody's lost anything, there wasn't any hacker attack, and nobody gained anything by exploitation or lost anything they possessed. Your own RP line might have been temporarily frustrated, but that's quite normal, and there's nothing to stop you trying that same line of RP another time... but bear in mind that dangerous actions do sometimes have disastrous consequences, so be careful what you wish for! It's part of a 'gamesmaster's remit' to surprise players sometimes when they push the boundaries, and that's fine. That's roleplay, and this is why certain special people have these powers; they can be trusted to use them wisely, in circumstances that make sense - even when everything around them may be going quietly mad. 😄

That said, I don't think there's much else to consider at this point, so if you're okay now, shall we draw a line under this and move on?

Im pretty happy with the respons. And i understand the Staff side with bombs and stuff. To be honest i did not know that "gods" might do some magical tricks to make stuff happen like that RP wise. But now i know ☺️ 

And i do know that you Staff have a life when i mentioned the better communication part. I ment that more as like me making this report when it was a Staff that Just wanted to make something with the RP. For some reason i did not notice at all that they tried to talk to me in the chats. So thats my own fault for not paying Even more attention. 

I also now that i did not play that Hurt as i should. But that was more on my own side still sitting there schocked and confused 😅

As i Said i do feel a little stupid for making the report. But now other People that read this Will know that "gods" might do stuff to make RP more "hardcore" 

Thank you all for fast answears. 

Have a Nice Day ☺️

Really glad you're happier now - never feel silly for asking a question or raising a flag on something. It might be that one time it's absolutely crucial and gets us all insight into a problem that really needs urgent solving or a change in our direction. 

Thanks for participating in our crazy social experiment, and for giving us your creativity and roleplay! This place is all about players being inventive, and having fun, so I'm glad this all worked out ok.

See you in the Los Santos!

Thank you for your report, Unfortunately, it has been declined

The staff member will advise shortly why on this occasion they have declined to take action against the reported player.

Please do not let this put you off making further reports in the future, We rely on our player base to help keep our community clean.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back