What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

State of RPUK (Police & Gang POV)

Anonymous Monkey

GDPR Removed
I know what you're thinking, 'yay, more complaining'. Yeah and no.

I started playing RPUK about a year ago now after a friend recommended it to me. From the first time I joined the server it just seemed so.. right. There was so much to do, so much to learn. I've pretty much had a character in every faction other than Gruppe 6 and have quite literally experienced it all. 

I'm going to start this discussion from my Gang POV:

I don't think I've actually logged onto my Ballas Character in about 2 weeks, properly anyway. I have literally nothing to do. Being as we are currently at war with another gang, you'd think there would be loads, but it's really the opposite. The moment you do anything to the other gang, whether it be a full on push or just a drive-by, police get themselves completely involved turning it into a literal war vs police. 

I've seen two gangs AGREE that if police get involved then they stop shooting each other and kill all police. It's just not roleplay.

I get everyone CONSTANLY pulls the "that would never happen IRL" card and I kind of am there, but to be honest, there is a fine line between realism and fun. At the end of the day, we all play RPUK to have fun. As a gang member, I'll talk you through the thought process when playing the server ATM:

- Get unrefined cocaine
- Spend 1h cutting cocaine
- Sell cocaine for 2h
- Buy gun
- Lose gun to Police
- Repeat

There is literally nothing else to do. Staff always reply with the good old "create your own roleplay", which in some respect, I agree with. However, you really going to expect people to play the server just to talk to each other all day?

Police have so much opportunity to create their own roleplay, whereas gang members don't. Police can pull anyone over, leading to a roleplay story or a scene that could be much bigger. A gang member can "rob" people, and then have people NVL instantly and run away. Resulting in us taking the risk of using Firearms and receiving nothing in return.

Another thing I see as a gang member, is blatant police NVL on gang turfs. They know that if they're robbed and dumped, they will just respawn and get their guns back. If we call them to teamspeak, it's the same old, "I'm a police officer, I have an rp reason to be there, its a known crime area". Just a few weeks ago when I logged on for 2h after 8pm storm. We had a fight with triads and I saw a response officer running down the road mid gunfight.

I wish it was a requirement for police to have had another character in criminal life before joining as it would stick it into their mind how much time it takes to "grind" for different things on the server, compared to how easily they are taken away by police, sometimes with 0 roleplay.

Lets move on to Armed Police (AFO's etc). You are a police officer, you work for the government. You are supposed to keep a professional standard at all times. Unlike most police in not only this unit however this is where I see it the most, they are cocky and cheeky. They backchat to gang members on their gang "turf". It would literally NEVER happen IRL. You're police and know what that gang is capable of. IMHO it's literally baiting. (guarantee this gets posted in your firearms discord channel with laughing emojis) because it seems that all of you guys want the gangs to change but won't change yourself.

The servers meta atm is who can with the gunfight, if the gang wins, police mald ooc and get given more and more op items until the gang cannot win.

Police POV: 

I'm not going to write much here but when on police and listening to radio, I can feel the win mentality such as, "its a loss loss, its fine ill just scrap their car ahahahh". It sounds as if they are genuinely hurt by the fact they lost one pursuit. However, I do see the issues with criminals as well. The mentality is the exact same, WIN WIN WIN. People need to step back and think about their roleplay.

Gangs resort to guns immediately, police resort to guns immediately too. Yet, gangs get moaned at but police don't.

OVERALL:

Police and gangs are as bad as each other and that's why I refuse to play the server at the moment.

If you're gonna reply to this, think about what you're saying because I don't want any arguing, I'm just voicing my opinion to the staff team / community.

Thanks 🙂

Hey. Just something i’ve gathered from reading the first 2 paragraphs…

It is a UK Server. This UK Server happens to have UK Firearms Police. If they think you have a gun, they’ll search you of course. And if you have one then obviously they are going to take it.. IMO, how you spend your time getting that gun, those drugs, etc is up to you. Police don’t determine how long you grafted for it. If they see it, it’s literally there job to take it. You say ‘get gun and lose it to the police’ like they are doing something wrong, by the sounds of it. 🙂

And of course, to point out the obvious, this is a personal opinion. Not a staff opinion 

Hey. Just something i’ve gathered from reading the first 2 paragraphs…

It is a UK Server. This UK Server happens to have UK Firearms Police. If they think you have a gun, they’ll search you of course. And if you have one then obviously they are going to take it.. IMO, how you spend your time getting that gun, those drugs, etc is up to you. Police don’t determine how long you grafted for it. If they see it, it’s literally there job to take it. You say ‘get gun and lose it to the police’ like they are doing something wrong, by the sounds of it. 🙂

And of course, to point out the obvious, this is a personal opinion. Not a staff opinion 
I didn't mean it as in they are doing anything wrong. I meant it as in them gunning you down instantly without a chase. Or if they chase ram you straight away. I just wish people would enjoy their time more and stop treating it as a real life job. 🤷‍♂️

As a gang member, I'll talk you through the thought process when playing the server ATM:

- Get unrefined cocaine
- Spend 1h cutting cocaine
- Sell cocaine for 2h
- Buy gun
- Lose gun to Police
- Repeat
Or create interesting intertwining Roleplay stories that you don't need game mechanics to do?

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s got to the point I don’t want to log on anymore. Half the time I am randomly searched gun taken off me with no RP and 1440 sentence which feels like a ban tbh. When all I wanted to do after a long day of work was chill on the server. These 1440 sentences are a joke. Taking our gun is already a big deal for us because we have to actually graft for our guns. But then to put us in prison for 24hours+ is just so unfair. Just for having a gun.. when usually everyone else gets 80-180 months. I know it may not be police fault and they’re told by courts to do that but police do try everything in their power to get high sentences for criminals and to me that is because you know that person will be annoyed essentially because they can’t play until they get out. It’s meant to be fun at the end of the day for everyone police and civs. 

I think one of the things that really irks me at the moment with police is the comments and behaviour they act out when they've downed you. I've not experienced it first hand, but i've seen it in clips and videos when a cop takes down the criminal they run over you screaming "get smoked pussy". I thought that was poor and very childish when gangs would do it, but it seems to have spread in to the police mentality as well. I've played about 3 days as a cop but played well over a year as a mall cop (G6) which is basically a cop with relaxed rules. Gang activity does seem to be pretty repetitve and stale and i completely agree with your take, I know as Coalition we do go around and try to create a bit of random RP, like dressing as robbers and just kidnapping random folk or breaking in to buildings but when it comes down to the basics of a gang, we all end up doing the same thing over and over again. While Fleecas won't change much, it would be interesting to see some of the old stuff make a return. There's only so many Lifeinvader and breaking in to PD scenarios we can come up with.

There is literally nothing else to do. Staff always reply with the good old "create your own roleplay", which in some respect, I agree with. However, you really going to expect people to play the server just to talk to each other all day?
That sounds like Roleplay to me?

I am just gonna quote something my friend @Howiesaid months ago when the Gang revamp thread first came to surface and still is valid to this day and nothing was done about it, to say it in a more resumed way criminals are bored there is no content for them and some of the content we have is locked behind closed doors aka the group we all know about.

I think you're looking at this from the wrong angle, you are looking at the symptoms and not the root causes... 

What we have at the moment is a race to be 'on top' due to the below:

1) Lore constraints. 
2) A complete even playing feild. 
3) A complete lack of criminal content.

Now why is the above an issue and how could it be addressed? 

1a) In a constantly evolving city with thousands of moving parts, gangs are static.

Example - by having it hard written that Ballas and Grove will always be enemies you inadvertently encourage a 'frag' mentality, if you are in Grove, the next war is always coming and it will nearly always be with Ballas.

That in and of itself isn't an issue, but what it creates is an issue.
People start to plan for the worst case scenario, a war. So what you see during peacetime is gang members grinding for cash, guns and ammo so when the inevitable war comes you can afford to come home from college/uni/work, login to the server at 8pm and spend 1-6hrs doing nothing but fight your rival gang, while doing anything you can to make sure your gangmates (or in some cases the rival gangmates) don't lose what they have spent hours upon hours 'grinding' for. 

You may or may not see an problem with that, but I really do believe if you delete (not retcon, it's still in the gangmembers collective memories) the lore and allow relationships to evolve independently you will see a more vibrant, unique and RP focused gang side to the server as people come and go and rosters change.

2a) Gangs on paper are completely equal and good, that sounds fair. But again I think there is an unintended side affect, it hinders an organic and fluid gang environment, that does nothig to promote unique, innovative or creative RP beyond some poor accents.

If you really want to see RP over everything thing else, gangs must be asymmetrically balanced so that inter-gang relations become more important. What I would like to see, is the gang benefits split so no gang can be self reliant.

Example - Imagine if there were only 3 gangs in the server - Ballas, Grove & Vagos. 
Vagos have access to Gus, but no sell area or Lost/Firm deals.
Grove have a sell area, but no Gus or Lost/Firm deals. 
Ballas have Lost/Firm deals, but no sell area or access to Gus.

In this imaginary server I see a war between Vagos and Grove having an actual, serious impact. It would efficiently shut down the servers drug market, hurting the overall economy. 

*Sure this scenario isn't perfect as Ballas are left out in the cold. I just hope you can see were I'm coming from and build upon it. 

3a) This is harder, I fully expect the good old 'there are a million things to do' reply to be thrown at me on this one. 

Before you do though, ask yourself what have gangs done for the past, lets say 3 months? 

-Gus runs
-Coke cutting
-Drug selling
-Robbed police
-Robbed taxi drivers
-Gang wars

Three of these involve no RP, it's solo content.

The other three are most efficiently done quickly, which results in minimal RP. Yes, they can be done less efficiently, but if you really expect people to consistently make that conscious choice you are setting yourself up for failure (or the gang RP we currently have. 

*I want to note here, this is not a dig at the Dev/Staff teams. I understand how much work you put in for people like me to come in and have thousands of hours of fun for free - I also get the feeling the Dev team may not want to provide us with content, because you see the pace at which we burn through it or just straight up complain that it's bad or we would rather have x,y or z instead. But I assure you that is the vocal minority, not the majority. 

To be fair the ‘random’ S47 searches have only arisen lately because of these masssiveeee shootouts towards other gangs and police. It’s not really been like this before because well, there hasn’t been quite a resistance again the police (ever) imo. I assume POLCOM think there hands are tied and don’t know what to do to combat the constant gunfights etc, so they work with the judiciary to authorise longer sentences, more search powers to lower this crime than what it is atm. 

I’d imagine once the constantly targeting police and going at war calms down, so will the searches…

I've recently been playing a bit of civilian recently and it's fun learning new things from my gang but in a week it will be stale. When playing by myself it is so boring and stale and nothing to do. I don't agree with the server being like Iraq at the moment but I seriously don't disagree with gangs, the only thing they can really do that is fun is gunfights, they've done all the grinding stuff and just want something new to do.

New crim: Can rob a petrol station (£3000), Can rob life invader (Gets a usb), Can sell drugs (Boring as hell) | Legal: Can drive a taxi, Can be a mechanic, Can fish (None of these are fun)
 --> Staff go on about rp rp, but for you to progress on the server you need money and assets. It's all well and good trying to create some rp story but you don't get anything out of it

Gang: They can rob the pacific bank (Do it a couple of times then it probably gets boring) | Can do gun fights

--> As you can see there is a serious lack of things to do as a civ and to create some rp story is fine for 20minutes but just talking is boring and doesn't get you anywhere

Storage containers: I think these were a significant cause to turning the server into Iraq, it's beyond me how a single person can store 40million pounds worth of guns into a storage container and never have it raided. It's beyond stupid. The storage containers need a nerf of some kind to go back to that old feeling of always having to be careful where you're storing things and now has turned into people sitting on untouchable gold mines.

Prison sentences: Prison sentences are fine how they are. It's not a ban, it's a punishment for doing a crime. When you're in prison, don't log off, make some rp around it, interact and make it enjoyable for everyone.

In conclusion there needs to be a lot more to do as a civ otherwise this will continue as gangs don't have anything else to do (I may create a rework of civ life later on with a couple of suggestions)

I've recently been playing a bit of civilian recently and it's fun learning new things from my gang but in a week it will be stale. When playing by myself it is so boring and stale and nothing to do. I don't agree with the server being like Iraq at the moment but I seriously don't disagree with gangs, the only thing they can really do that is fun is gunfights, they've done all the grinding stuff and just want something new to do.

New crim: Can rob a petrol station (£3000), Can rob life invader (Gets a usb), Can sell drugs (Boring as hell) | Legal: Can drive a taxi, Can be a mechanic, Can fish (None of these are fun)
 --> Staff go on about rp rp, but for you to progress on the server you need money and assets. It's all well and good trying to create some rp story but you don't get anything out of it

Gang: They can rob the pacific bank (Do it a couple of times then it probably gets boring) | Can do gun fights

--> As you can see there is a serious lack of things to do as a civ and to create some rp story is fine for 20minutes but just talking is boring and doesn't get you anywhere

Storage containers: I think these were a significant cause to turning the server into Iraq, it's beyond me how a single person can store 40million pounds worth of guns into a storage container and never have it raided. It's beyond stupid. The storage containers need a nerf of some kind to go back to that old feeling of always having to be careful where you're storing things and now has turned into people sitting on untouchable gold mines.

Prison sentences: Prison sentences are fine how they are. It's not a ban, it's a punishment for doing a crime. When you're in prison, don't log off, make some rp around it, interact and make it enjoyable for everyone.

In conclusion there needs to be a lot more to do as a civ otherwise this will continue as gangs don't have anything else to do (I may create a rework of civ life later on with a couple of suggestions)
Not gonna lie, when I saw that you replied, I expect a heavy police sided response but I completely agree with everything here. Very balanced and fair. I think that storage containers are very op, but if they are nurfed then houses and cars locations should not be public to police imo. Should be the old routes of finding them at their house.

My take on this:
There is more ways to make money than just selling coke/weed to locals. This way is the quickest and requires 0 RP. If you sell for 2hrs you make enough money to buy a pistol. However as a gang member there are so many different ways to make more money such as flipping guns, setting up deals with smaller groups/gangs to buy off you, making money by mining and smelting etc etc. 

Being at war,  of course the police are going to focus on you more heavily and are going to constantly search you but that's their job. if your crying over loosing a standard that#s just poor. You shouldn't go into a war if your not ready for one, being in war your most likely going to burn through your whole armory you should be stacked beforehand. If police heat is getting to much for you and your loosing too many guns and resources then end the war, call a mutual agreement. However that probably wont happen due to big Ego's.

On the other hand i agree police are a big state atm. The professionalism they should have isnt shown throughout, should never be hearing a police officer go 'get fucked pussy' 🙂. The one scrap policy on cars is very annoying but it causes ppl to not bring out their 1mil car in a big shootout. However i do think it is abused a fair bit and is very harsh. They also do get involved a bit too much in certain situations which becomes a big issue. I have seen a probie drive on his own into the middle of a gunfight causing him to get killed which then means all the other officers who were waiting have to initiate, leading to a big gang vs police fight. The long sentences are a bit of a joke. It would be a lot better if sentence lengths were reduced but all the time had to be spent online in prison. However a big reason as to why these ppl are getting over 12k months is due to continuously shooting police. If someone is getting arrested and they have a pistol on them, is it really worth turning around and shooting the whole police force to try and save a pistol when it could risk you all loosing guns, getting long sentences etc. Sometimes you just have to take the L

Not gonna lie, when I saw that you replied, I expect a heavy police sided response but I completely agree with everything here. Very balanced and fair. I think that storage containers are very op, but if they are nurfed then houses and cars locations should not be public to police imo. Should be the old routes of finding them at their house.
Yeah I think houses should stay as they are or have a small nerf as in on the police side

I agree with you on cars, if storage containers were removed I think it should say "unknown" if at a house or gang turf, "Impound" if in the impound, "Public parking" but doesn't specify which one. Something like that at least

Yeah I mean if I didn't play civ over the last week then I probably would be heavily police sided. I played civ and it's boring. Some gangs are on their high horse and just because you drive through a corner of their turf to get to your house they point guns at you to find your name, that's just stupid lol. And that needs to be fixed. But ultimatley I think there needs to be more to do as a civ. I had an idea on how to change drugs such as it doesn't actually say the drug in the label, it would say "white powder", this means that you can add things like milk etc to make a ratio of pure cocaine to a material which can affect the value. Cops won't know it's a drug until they put it through the machine at a pd which could create endless opportunities. I will go more into it in my post later 

The police used to set the standard when it came to RP and 9/10 out of 10 when they took someone to TS it was valid. These days, its just like having an additional gang on the server.

Car chases used to be fun and if your car broke down you'd get a lengthy foot chase. Now you will just get a Taser to the back from the car doing 10mph behind you. The police think they are playing IRL police sometimes and forget they're supposed to be making it fun for the other person too. Far too often now, due to past experiences I am guessing, Police will assume they are about to be shot or the other person is about to get away so they need to end a situation as soon as possible. So what if you could Taser someone who is running away? Why not just chase them and enjoy that part. It is literally like point scoring when it is gang v police.

As someone who never tries to do anything shitty when it comes to police, such as combat rolling mid chase or KOSing police during a car chase, I am still constantly met with what I would consider bullshit in almost every encounter.

Here's an example from the other day https://clips.twitch.tv/FrigidSeductivePoxTheThing-DhvIqNM4cmKCAUiV

Police came to our turf fair enough, everyone left or hid. Not exactly caring that I couldn't get straight out of their I thought I'd just flee on foot. I'd not actually done anything anyway apart from sit on turf for 20minutes (check the VOD) - So I thought by running I'd either get a chase or get picked up by someone. Instead, the car I tried to get in was rammed, I was run over and then Tased before I could even stand up. For literally no RP reason what so ever apart from I'm a gang member who ran away from his Turf.
We literally reacted in a realistic manor and we all fled. We didn't even consider trying to fight the police when we easily could have but still nothing from the other side. I chose to stay involved in the situation and received nothing in return. 
This kind of encounter will just make me think twice next time, Why should I flee on foot? Maybe ill hold a room with a door and shoot anyone that comes in, or maybe ill just make sure im in a car and end the entire situation there and then and just leave.

Another reason police used to be decent is because it was actually hard to get in. You'd have a select few people who were usually police mains as gatekeepers to people being accepted. Now everyone has a friend who is a TO. They walk through the interview and ODP and now theyre on the other side. People are coming from Gang RP to police RP to start taking W's and getting in shoot outs with no consequences because that is what they have experienced as a Crim character. The gang mentality has taken over the police mentality.
I believe the police should be held to a higher standard of RP than anyone else on the server given the amount of realism they claim to put into everything they do and harsher punishments should come for people who do not abide by this.

Before people ask yes I've played cop and yes I had my pistol/taser. But I hardly ever used them. I got no joy out of sending people to prison. The process of getting to that point was the most fun part in the chasing and interacting. Crims now spend more time in MRDP/Prison/Hospital when it comes to police and theres literally no RP involved by that point its just boring.

Hey Anonymous Monkey

Nice post big +1 from me with your thoughts and opinions.

I recently got banned ( which was deserved )

But even in the report on me where im getting stopped for a failure to stop / driving in the wrong lane. 

at 2:25 you can hear Inspector Tadworth saying/suggesting that im gonna get 1440 for driving on the wrong side of the road. At this point they haven't seen me doing anything illegal then to drive on the wrong side of the road.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gou_y4c-mMs

That's the current state of the police. 

Im not saying we gangs give the greatest roleplay of all time ect ect. But its come to  a point where there is almost nothing u can possibly do against cops.

Back