What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here Less than 10 left!

Unban Appeal - Valianted - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valianted

Unlinked
Unban Appeal for Valianted 

In-game Name: Jay Richardson

Server: GTA RP

Steam ID: 76561198842915648

Ban ID: RPUK 8509

Reason given for your ban: G4.4

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.: The reason I was banned was due to me breaking rule G4.4, I was revived and then started to get shot at and returned fire, this was is a breach of Rule G4.4 as you are not allowed to enter a combat situation for 10 minutes after being revived.

Why should we unban you ?: The reason I believe I should be unbanned is that I had made a poor decision in a heated moment, it was quite a chaotic evening. I was later downed and later on rescued by a friend, Whilst I was being taken to Dodgy doctor, Vagos had been waiting for us at Marabunta turf and wanting to talk to us about a prior situation and had surrounded us threatening to shoot us. I was then passed to another friend to be deffibed, after being resurrected there was multiple people on radio saying that shots were being fired and that help is needed, after arriving to the scene I saw multiple members of my gang being loaded into Vagos cars, which we were shortly after followed by Vagos cars and shot at, as a natural instinct I returned fire and was later on downed again to be robbed and dumped. Realistically my character would not have been able to fight as he was only just revived after being shot, but as mentioned before as a natural instinct of me being shot I returned fire.

After my ban I went on to TS to get more clarification on my ban, during this Stuart mentioned he was going to have a chat to me about another situation but didn't get a chance to due to me getting banned. He told me this would be mentioned in my ban notes so I will explain my side of the situation. This situation occurred about 10 minutes prior to my ban. We had been searching for a vehicle which had been stolen from my friend and was also ramming NHS members at pillbox. Later on in the evening I had found the car and had disabled the vehicle, and instructed the guy to put his hands up, he decided to ignore my requests and so I shot him. During this another car had rolled up and was acting dodgy so I told the guy to move on, he instead started to start throwing insults at me to which I pointed my gun at him and told him again to move on. He continued being cocky so I shot him as-well leaving his friend to pick him up and take him hospital.

I let my standard of RP which has fairly resulted in my punishment and I understand why both rules are in place, Rule G4.4 is in place to prevent endless gunfights and to make the RP realistic so people can't just return to gunfights as soon as they are revived. Then in regards to G1.2 being RDM this rule is obviously in place as it is a serious RP server meaning you can't just kill people for no reason and there has to be a valid Roleplay story behind it.

With my last permanent ban being in November last year for G2.9 this means I maintained a clear record for 5 months and following the FBS I received this ban. I wholeheartedly regret my careless decision to begin shooting after being revived, it was a severe lapse of judgement and I am frustrated at this miscalculation. I did not in any way mean to undermine the rules of the server we all agree to when we join, I simply didn't use my best judgement and let the rush and thrill of the moment carry me away. My intent was not to purposely break G4.4, I a simply saw my friends being attacked and acted. This I deeply regret. G4.4 is an extremely important rule that must not be broken as it erodes and compromises the RP principles we all adhere to, one person breaking this rule diminishes the experience of an entire RP scenario. This I understand completely.

My record has been clean for 5months. During those 5 months I took the chance that Drex gave me and tried to become a positive, supportive member of the community. I hope that you can see that this regretful lapse of judgement doesn't reflect on my 5 months of positive RP experiences that I have had with many members of the community.

Please confirm that you have read the unban appeal process and rules: Yes

as a natural instinct I returned fire
Natural instinct? Getting straight back into a gunfight? Clearly that is a problem if your instinct is to get straight back involved in a gunfight despite the rules stating you shouldn't be doing that. Maybe you have the wrong mindset here? Clearly your head is to focused on gunfights and a "team deathmatch" style rather then the rules and roleplay itself.

How are you going to correct that "natural instinct" of yours? 

Hello Robbie and thanks your response.

For context, my character was downed in a different situation to the incident that I was banned for. I was being transported to the Marabunta dodgy doctor for treatment and on the way there we saw a large amount of Vagos at the Marabunta shop which was a gang we had been in a current feud with. They were requesting to speak with us to sort out an incident that happened previously. The reason I was being taken to the dodgy doctor was because getting fast help seemed like the more responsible and safest option due to risk hospitals posed at the time. Obviously, I do not know anything about the meeting in character or what happened whilst I was down. When I had received medical treatment I got in the car and we started driving. Once we start driving and I get back on radio, I hear people saying that shots have been fired. The next thing I know I am being shot at after travelling a very short distance. Disorientated and full of adrenaline I panic and return fire.

The intent wasn't to be revived with the sole purpose to get straight back into the fight. I was dodgy doctored due to the risk of being taken to hospital. The natural instinct comment was just a crude way of saying that I panicked and with very little time to react I made a very poor judgement call. This wasn't a calculated attempt to bypass server rules, just a genuine mistake.

In future if I was to be given another chance I would make sure to provide high quality RP scenarios that would not include gunplay as a way of resolving the roleplay.  Over my past year on the server I believe I have made multiple enjoyable situations for people who had been involved, I can assure you a "Team Deathmatch" is not the mindset I have when I am on the server.

Last edited by a moderator:
Although we appreciate you detailing to us the intent... we can only go on what we can see and that quite simply is you dying, getting revived and then getting involved in another situation and dying again so soon after your death. 

Looks to us like all you wanted to do was get involved in another gang shooting. 

Although yes, you have been here a great length of time, your record isn't squeaky clean now is it?

Two historic bans ontop of your current, one for idling and one for transferring money across characters... 

One far more serious than the other. You're lucky as it is to even be back on our servers. 

Ontop of bans, you've been spoken to and or kicked from the server a great deal of times for things including but not limited to; NLR, Loitering around Police Stations, using OOC incorrectly and so on. 

Do you not learn?

Are you unable to follow the most basic of rules?

I see a clear decline in actions you've taken as of late. Is this going to be a further issue? 

Hello Fluqi and thank you for responding. 

I agree that my record may not be the cleanest. However, if I am given another chance I would be immensely grateful, I fully understand that the expectation from you would be for me to correct and not repeat my previous actions, I agree wholeheartedly. I have seen fully where I have gone wrong in the past and do not wish to replicate and repeat those mistakes if given another chance. I fully acknowledge and own up to my previous mistakes. If given the chance to be allowed back into the community I can assure you that I will maintain a high standard or roleplay, creating interesting scenarios that religiously adhere to server rules and guidelines, even striving to follow a general sense of fairness in every encounter I find myself in. I wish to play here and wish for people to enjoy the encounters and interactions people have with me, I hope you can give me another opportunity to prove to you, myself, and the community that I am a valuable and deserving member. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, now it's time to prove it. 

I am going to unban you today with one simple condition. 

If you get banned again, you're done. 

No chance of appeal. 

Don't let me see you here again. 

Unbanned.

Welcome Back!

Now that you’ve been unbanned don’t forget to give our rules a thorough read over again here.

Please note unbans on the server are instant and you will be able to connect straight away.

Additionally, to get more involved with the community join our Steam Group and Discord!

Steam Group: RPUK Steam Group

Discord: RPUK Discord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back