What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Unban Appeal - Martin_Goodman - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin_Goodman

Unban Appeal for Martin_Goodman 

In-game Name: Ben Chang

Server: GTA RP

Steam ID: 76561198880256327

Ban ID: rpuk#3824

Reason given for your ban: C2.3 (Combat Logging)

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.: I combat logged twice and one of them I was spoken to by an admin. It was in a roleplay scenario where I combat logged because I was in cuffs and didnt want to lose my valuable items.
For this I was warned and wasn't given any further punishment. After this had happened, on the same day, I combat logged for the same reason and hoped I would get away with it to keep my valuables as I ended up being thrown into a river by the Ballas and there was no way I could be rescued without meta-gaming so i alt-f4'd in hopes i'd keep my items. I understood it was against the rules just to clarify, i know i was in the wrong and completely ruined the RP experience for those that were in a situation with me.

Why should we unban you ?: It has been near enough a year since my initial ban and i have been able to look over my past actions and i can clearly see why i was banned in the first place. What i did there was no excuse for and it costed for other people's roleplay experiences. The ban served me a good purpose and since then i have joined multiple servers and getting better at RP'ing as well as following the rules to a tee, allowing my self (and others) to have the best possible roleplay experiences. I believe that if i were to come back i would be able to prove myself and have good and long lasting roleplay experiences with player who are new to the server and players that have been there for longer than me. In the time that i was on the server i really enjoyed the experience i had with my friends and those that i met along the way and i squandered it all just to keep my items, and the only person i have to blame for that is myself; thinking i could get away with something so serious. I also made an appeal around a week ago with very little effort to it and in that time i have reviewed the rules taken a look on the forums and other community posts to see how i can better my roleplaying. I will also except a character wipe if you deem it necessary as i would rather start from scratch and be known as someone who can provide a fulfilling and meaningful roleplay than someone who is blinded by greed and combat logs selfishly.

Please confirm that you have read the unban appeal process and rules: Yes

Last edited by a moderator:
Given it has near enough been a year, I'm going to cut straight to the point.

You know what you did, you know why you're banned. 

I'm happy to offer you an unban but first I need to be reassured that this will never ever happen again and that you've re-read our server rules. 

Please quote the server rule you broke and then confirm to me that you've read ALL of our server rules. 

The rule i broke: (C2.3) Combat logging - Logging out at any point during RP is exploiting. Some examples of this include: logging out during a firefight, being chased by the police, arrested by the police, while dead awaiting a medic, logging out in order to save gear, rage-quitting, logging out whilst restrained/detained. Punishment is a permanent ban. Staff can make an informed decision depending on if you’ve made an attempt to resolve the issue. We do suggest you attempt to rejoin the server and continue the roleplay (try messaging them with the mobile system first).
Thank you for replying, and yes, i can assure this will never happen again and i am grateful for you allowing me to have a second chance.
I have read all the server rules.

Good Afternoon @Martin_Goodman

If found in the same situation again that lead up to this ban what would be done different if anything ? 

How could we be sure that you won't just combat log moving forward if you wished to try and save the items you have on yourself? 

good afternoon pal thanks for getting back but i can assure you now mate i will never even think of doing something so stupid again i have relised with my time of that it is not worth it at all and i just cannot  wait to be back in the city making so many fun rp moments to remember. thank you

Whilst I understand that you are looking forward to a possibly coming back, There are some assurances we need, if you could please answer the above questions for us 

If found in the same situation again that lead up to this ban what would be done different if anything ? 

How could we be sure that you won't just combat log moving forward if you wished to try and save the items you have on yourself? 

oh yes sorry what will be done differently i will deal with what comes so for instince i think i was running from police i cant remeber it completely but i then broke the car i was driving and left cbecause they were gunna catch me but the person i am now would play out in the situation and serve what time i get try and hustle some years off my sentance i dunno just i can promise you now what i done was so stupid and i will not do it again cheers mate.

Very well, Overall the community isn't about what items you can get and keep whilst yes they are nice and allow you to grow your character they aren't everything. One thing to gain from the appeal is it's about the RP and interactions with others that make the experience an even better one. Even if arrested for example, This doesn't always mean you get a certain punishment, If you take time to roleplay you'd be surprised how situations turn out as a whole. I'm happy to give you another chance as it has been a year since the ban was placed. 

I do hope you have learned from this experience and I hope not to see you back here in the appeals section. Hope you have a wonderful evening and weekend!

Unbanned!

Welcome Back!

Now that you’ve been unbanned don’t forget to give our rules a thorough read over again here.

Please note unbans on the server are instant and you will be able to connect straight away.

Additionally, to get more involved with the community join our Steam Group and Discord!

Steam Group: RPUK Steam Group

Discord: RPUK Discord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back