What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Unban Appeal - Custard Cream - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Custard Cream

Los Santos Police
Los Santos Police
Unban Appeal for Custard Cream 

In-game Name: Jay Macs

Server: GTA RP

Steam ID: 76561198313722932

Ban ID: !!rpuk8597!!

Reason given for your ban: C1.7

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.: I was banned completely fairly by my pure own stupidity. I had a old character that somehow had police clothing on in the wardrobe and I decided to have the bright Idea to wear it and go around pretending to be a fake police officer. During this time I interacted with multiple civilians were I pretended to be a cop. Now my idea doing this was to find someone to roleplay with and have a laugh with before I publicly executed them wearing the uniform. I completely this goal of mine and posted the picture on tweedle. After a few minutes I posted it I thought of a few things that was wrong with what I did.

For starters this might mess up my other character who is already a police officer and has been for quite some time. Secondly I got the uniform illegitimately and was using it for what it seemed like an advantage, which it was, I was preying on peoples trust of the police in order to get them to lower their guard and make my move. I only did this once with the tweedle post that I posted and the rest were just random harmless chats with people I fake pulled over and let go. Anyway after I realised how dodgy what I did was I thought I made the smart decision to just delete the character as I knew it was abit dodgy and I shouldn't of done it. So I deleted it to not even temp myself into it anymore. Now how this looks from a perspective off staff I dont disagree with their suspicion or their actions and 100% agree with it. It was not an attempt to cover it up as much it was a "Oh shit that was actually kinda dodgy, Ill just delete this guy and my other civ character so I can focus on my police and NHS chars. But later down the line this made it look like I was maliciously covering up my colossal fuck up.

Anyway in my closing statement on this section I completely agree with staff's decision to ban me and harbour 0 ill resentment towards them and respect Merek for actually sitting down with me and telling me what was happening. Im writing this appeal in such short time since I know ill be waiting for abit and deserve to be punished and wait out sometime to actually come to terms with what Ive done.

Why should we unban you ?: Why should you unban me. From thinking of a staff pov. You shouldn't. My ban was deserved and I royally fucked up. My defence in the matter however is that on my life I was not doing what I did with malicious intent or to troll, even during this I provided High quality roleplay like I always do to each person I spoke to... This does not excuse what Ive done I was in the wrong and Im being fairly punished for it. Id like to start by saying a tremendous apology for my actions. I knew what I did was wrong at the end and deleted the slightest temptation for me to even do it again before I even knew that staff had an issue with it. I only have 3 Characters at the moment. My Police Character - Jay Macs, My NHS character - Kyle Douglas and a recent character I made today for the purpose of doing some old man RP - Jebediah VT Robbington. I play all these characters with the highest Rp in mind. I dont play this server for combat or to troll but to take a step into some new shoes and roleplay my heart out.

Id like to address my recent past bans for a moment 2 of which were realised as mistakes and removed. And my last 2 I think was me simply being an idiot. I was previously banned for common sense last year for telling a cop "No one likes to be vending machined" Tongue slipup on my part and I paid my price and came back better. The time before that I believe RDM for me not giving someone RP as my old character rob robbington. Another mess-up but again on the removal of my ban I came back giving better RP. I see these bans and this one as nothing more than opportunities to learn from. I thought I knew the server rules inside and out after being apart of this community for so long however it appears I need to sit down and re-read them again and get my shit straight. This I assure you I will be doing, and if in the future I am unbanned if I even have the slightest concern or worry what Im doing is wrong I will go straight to staff and get clarification on the matter. Or I wont do it at all.

But again, why should you unban me. I like to think im a good member of this community. I keep to myself however every interaction i have with people I do try to make it a fun one. I hold 0 grudges to people and always try to have a good time. I put roleplay above everything else and sometimes that is my downfall. I am an adult who made a childish mistake and will rightfully serve my time and be punished for it. What I can assure is that this wont happen ever again even in the slightest. I am from the bottom of my heart honestly and truly sorry for what I have done, I love this server, I love the community I love playing morning, noon and night and having a safe haven to go to when everything else in life gets to much. A final chance is all I ask for and If granted I will not squander the opportunity. Im not a bad guy just a human who makes dumb mistakes now and then, mistakes I will learn from every time. I let my moral compass slip and Im going to pay for it. This will never happen again.

Thank you for reading my appeal.

Please confirm that you have read the unban appeal process and rules: Yes

Hello there.

First off, I appreciate the effort you have put into your appeal. Secondly, I would like to ask a couple of questions...

What was your first thought seeing that character had a police uniform in his wardrobe? 
Why did you not come to staff right away after discovering this? 
And once again, why did you not come to staff after realising that you had made a mistake?

Hello there.

First off, I appreciate the effort you have put into your appeal. Secondly, I would like to ask a couple of questions...

What was your first thought seeing that character had a police uniform in his wardrobe? 
Why did you not come to staff right away after discovering this? 
And once again, why did you not come to staff after realising that you had made a mistake?
Thanks for the response Im going to reply to this as honest as I physically can.

My first thought on seeing the uniform in the wardrobe was simply "Ohhhh I can mess with so many people with this". And it is kind of what I proceeded to do. I put the uniform on, stole a police car with the intent of pulling people over chatting with them and on finding a worthy "Victim" Fake arresting them by putting zipties on. After this my plan was to essentially act like a crazy ex police officer who then robs them, hopefully providing some great rp on the way and then publicly killing them. I managed to pull over about 4 people and only one of which I did rob/Kill. However your question is about the thoughts I had and Honestly At first I had some doubts in my mind but my pure stupidity made me overlook the issues, I had the premise in my head that if I provided good rp and didnt cause an issue it couldnt be against the rules... right? I was wrong.

Why didn't I come to staff? Honestly... A hint of narcissism. Ive been that long a member of the community I thought I knew everything perfectly and didn't think it was something that was worth me questioning staff. Which I have normally done whenever there is a doubt in my mind about something. Just this once I said "Nah screw it, its probably fine" and made the mistake not to question the finding. To a staff member. Id also like to add this narcissism is long gone now, and thats why im actually grateful for the ban. I got so caught up in the gameplay and the rp that it was more about what what seemed good in RP then what the rules defined. This forced break has taught me to value the staff and this community more as I was actually sat down and explained the error of my ways and Im very grateful to Merek for that.

Why didnt I come to staff After the mistake?

After I killed the guy and posted it upon tweadle and actually had a minute to sit with my thoughts I knew I fucked up. Thoughts raced through my mind on a few things

1. Maybe this is wayyy to dodgy
  2. What if people think this is my police character and I get fired (Which Almost Happened)
  3. Im not normally this negligent
  4. Doing this is pretty unfair
  5. Should I just tell staff

My initial Idea was, right Ive did what ive done. It was dodgy i dont even want the temptation to do it again. So i logged out and back in. Deleted the character along with my other civ and decided to just main my police character 100%. It wasn't for the purpose to hide what I did. Honestly that barely passed my mind to come to staff and say what I did, I all but forgotten about it till the day of my ban and that's were I can see how the evidence stacks against me and makes me seem like I deleted the character maliciously, to hide what I did. To which I did not. However the conclusion of why I didn't message staff is because honest to god, I thought deleting my character and moving on would be fine. I knew what I did was sus but didn't think it was bigger in the grand scheme of things which was a huge mistake.

A final chance is all I ask for and If granted I will not squander the opportunity.
You have had quite a lot of chances on RPUK. Yet here we are again with you appealing another ban. How many chances? Why is this time going to be different? 

You have had quite a lot of chances on RPUK. Yet here we are again with you appealing another ban. How many chances? Why is this time going to be different? 
I have been childish. I took a break a few months ago and came back a new person and it slip really quick. This has been an eye opener for me, I have not been banned for this length of time and for this severity in a very very long time. I am not going to be stupid enough to risk even doing the slightest thing wrong as I couldnt imagine taking six months away from this community to even longer than that.

This time is going to be different because I’m going To be very careful and meticulous with how I am In game now as to not risk this happening again. If I have even the slightest concern or doubt in my mind about something I’ll go to the rule page and if it’s not clear there then I’ll go ask staff for a full clarification on the matter. All I want is to get back into some good rp in the server. Been trying to mimic it in single player with a lot of mods and lspdfr but it’s not the same. Nothing is the same as rpuk, as no matter what game I play rpuk is truly my home.

Why not do exactly those things right from the start? You seem to have quite the track record of doing/saying and then thinking...
After taking away some false bans, we are still left with 4 bans and 3 warnings within a little more than a year. When is it going to be enough?

Most people here don´t even get close to having as many chances as you did already. Considering your record, unbanning you after just a little more than 2 weeks seems a little unjust wouldn´t you say?

Why not do exactly those things right from the start? You seem to have quite the track record of doing/saying and then thinking...
After taking away some false bans, we are still left with 4 bans and 3 warnings within a little more than a year. When is it going to be enough?

Most people here don´t even get close to having as many chances as you did already. Considering your record, unbanning you after just a little more than 2 weeks seems a little unjust wouldn´t you say?
I 100% agree with you I need to do some growing up and some proper maturing. Which I am working on each and everyday I have had countless moments ingame where I have stopped myself making the wrong decision by just stopping and thinking about what I was doing and making the right choice. This time was just a stupid oversight on my part which I have paid dearly for and wont be doing again. I know most people dont get the chances Ive had and im so f*cking grateful for the ones I have had already and im only asking for one more. My most recent bans havent been malicious its just me making stupid mistakes along the way, mistakes every person makes one way or another. Its what makes us human.

I should of came to staff from the start or just simply made the common sense decision to not do it in the first place, I overlooked it and wont ever leave the shadow of what I have done, and the consequences it has met me with. Unbanning me after 2 weeks may seem unjust however at my core roots all I want to do is get back to the community I have been apart of since 2016 and get back to diehard roleplaying and having some great fun. I expected this appeal to take a month or 2 to even see some form of outcome and im willing to wait that if need be. I can be patient and deserve the punishment of this length of time I just truly hope this doesnt sully my character in the community. Im not exactly (Well Known) But I do like to think of myself as a good guy who people recognise as being apart of here for a long time and the last thing I want to do is lose this very very special place in my heart.

Very well... until this incident you have been staying pretty clear of rulebreaks for the last couple months and this is the ONLY reason I am willing to give you one golden chance.  Do not waste it, there will not be another anytime soon. I would suggest you read through the rules once more and make sure to not make any silly decisions anymore. 

Welcome Back!

Now that you’ve been unbanned don’t forget to give our rules a thorough read over again here.

Please note unbans on the server are instant and you will be able to connect straight away.

Additionally, to get more involved with the community join our Steam Group and Discord!

Steam Group: RPUK Steam Group

Discord: RPUK Discord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back