What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here Less than 10 left!

Unban Appeal - GeorgeMcPherson - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derek

Los Santos Police
Los Santos Police
Unban Appeal for GeorgeMcPherson 

In-game Name: George McPherson

Server: GTA RP

Steam ID: 76561198852918672

Ban ID: !!rpuk8711!!

Reason given for your ban: C2.3

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.: I was banned for breaking the rule concerning combat logging. I was arrested and in the holding cells whilst being processed and shortly before being transported to prison from the view of the DC, I vanished without a trace, seemingly disconnecting to avoid prison time.

Why should we unban you ?: You should unban me because I did not in fact combat log to escape my punishment of 135 months in prison. Firstly, if we look at my past offences I haven't made a fuss over going to prison and for much longer sentences might I add, so it seems stupid to get myself permanently banned for such a small sentence. Secondly, I can't explain the physics behind it but when the Officer with the bodycam tackled me to the corner I was glitched outside the police car garage, and in total confusion, I just ran away and roughly 15 minutes later after seeking safety I logged off for the night as it was getting late. Furthermore, "no return was made along with no contact OOC" for the 10-15 minutes I was roughly online after getting bugged out I never saw anything regarding my name or id at the time so if contact was attempted it was made after I logged off which again was at least 10 minutes later. May I also add that it would have been quite difficult explaining to the police officers in the cells when I next reconnected why on earth I spawned inside the holding cells which I assume would prompt them to look at their PNC and they would discover the report made the previous evening and I would have gone to jail. In Conclusion, I genuinely do not know how or why I glitched outside but that is the whole truth and to be honest I've enjoyed my few weeks on the server and would appreciate the chance to experience many more. It is my first offence and to be frank at the time I never knew I breached said rule until I read the report a day later. At the time I was streaming on discord to some friends and they witnessed me being glitched out of the cells and running into an alleyway and hiding on top of a roof before stealing a car and escaping, when I was running away I assumed the police realised I had glitched out accidentally as sirens were turned on roughly 20 seconds after I disappeared so I stayed hidden. If I am unbanned I would be happy to serve my original sentence whenever possible as I believe a permanent ban for something I never directly did is slightly unfair. If you need me to show what happened on my screen I'd be happy to show an admin in game what happened and try to replicate the glitch and escape just let me know on discord @sahdow#4102 furthermore, if you would like my friends who witnessed it happen explain the incident, they would be happy to.

Please confirm that you have read the unban appeal process and rules: Yes

Last edited by a moderator:
That´s an interesting story but, even if true, will not help you much. We will simply just change the ban to a C2.2 in combination with C1.7. 

Because, even if you did not combat log, this ban is not "unfair" at all and I believe using something that should have not happened as an advantage for your own benefit is even worse than losing your temper and making a mistake. The one might be done on impulse, the other was thought through and done with intent. 

Go ahead and read those 2 above mentioned rules and try again.

We will simply just change the ban to a C2.2 in combination with C1.7. 
Yeah that's fine, that was genuinely what happened and if the original reason for the ban needs to be changed that's fine by me.

I know now that using the accidental glitch to my advantage could be classed as exploiting and therefore a breach of the rules and upon reflection of the situation I realise what I did was wrong and ruined the roleplay experience of my two arresting Officers and for that I sincerely apologise. 
If I were to go about the situation again, how I would have handled it, I would have informed my arresting Officers of the situation via OOC chat and would have surrendered myself and continued the roleplay. I would also have let them know what happened and if they have footage to send to the admins in order for the glitch to be fixed. If you find my statement sincere enough and acceptable for an unban I would more than happily get in contact with my arresting Officer and continue the roleplay in order to serve my original punishment. I'd also be happy to assist an admin in showing them how exactly I glitched out accidentally and where I appeared after going through the cell wall.  
In regards to C1.7, I understand what I did wasn't common sense, however, at the time I just never really thought it through. For that, I have no excuse, I made a mistake and all I can do is apologise and accept the punishment given to me. 
I would also like to state that since my ban, I have thoroughly familiarised myself with the rules to ensure I never do anything like this again as I have enjoyed myself in the few weeks I was on the server and would greatly appreciate a second chance should you feel I deserve one.

this ban is not "unfair"
Yeah I agree, however that wasn't what I was saying. What I said was that it was slightly unfair that I was banned for something I never did. Which is why if the ban reason is changed it would be fair. 

I appreciate your time and if you have any questions I'll have the forum open until my case is closed, so please ask. 

Last edited by a moderator:
If a similar situation was to happen, what would you do differently? 

Hey Robbie, appreciate the reply,

If I managed to accidentally glitch into/out of an area where roleplay couldn't continue I would first record the incident so I could explain to anyone I was roleplaying with what happened and forward the video to the admins so they could fix the glitch or to put in preventative measures to ensure it cannot be used again. Next I would try to regain contact with anyone I was roleplaying with in order for it to continue and if that proves to be an issue in character I'd attempt contact in OOC before asking an admin what my next steps would be.

Very well. 

I am willing to go with the story and give you another chance. However, should you get banned again within the next 6 months, it will be landing you right here again. Do not waste this opportunity.

Welcome Back!

Now that you’ve been unbanned don’t forget to give our rules a thorough read over again here.

Please note unbans on the server are instant and you will be able to connect straight away.

Additionally, to get more involved with the community join our Steam Group and Discord!

Steam Group: RPUK Steam Group

Discord: RPUK Discord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back