What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Taxi & Mechanic Meta Jobs With No PR

MrRobeplay

Taxi drivers and Mechanics get paid too much and it's just meta at this point. People don't want to work for legit companies because they can just grind for money using a taxi. People won't pay the taxi rates that the locals will, so this also takes away from the RP unfortunately. The most popular advice when joining the Roleplay.co.uk server for GTA is, "Get a taxi license from town hall or become a mechanic". The main issues are the lack of roleplay when doing these jobs, but taxi is the worst. People won't pay taxi prices to make the trip worth the time. Taxis could also be paid to the bank and tipped in cash to stop the many robberies on hard working cab drivers and the system could work more like Uber, the driver should see the job and price from people and, upon arriving at the location, should be paid if the person is no longer at the collection point. Too many people book and then leave or take a locals car. Please fix this.

Dont pick up players in the taxi if this is an issue. Or get paid prior to departure. Drive up with the door locked. Agree a price and receive payment and then let them in and deliver them. Or lock them in the taxi and drive them to the wrong place, whichever you prefer. 

As for getting robbed, thats easy to avoid. Learn the locations of ATMs and bank your cash right after you drop off the fare. There are literally tonnes of them in obscure places which can easily be used to deposit your cash. Then you can afford to lose a phone, a smoothie or two and whatever else is in your pocket for the assailant to take. If you get robbed its because you were lazy/stupid. Be smarter and you wont have it happen. Ive been held up twice AT THE ATM having already banked my cash and both times I was searched and let go. People just want the free money without any effort, dont let them have it by playing smart. 

Every person I have picked up in a taxi has paid or tipped me more than the local jobs pay, its always good to give them a call when dispatch comes in to let them know you are coming / make them take you and not another taxi. I personally think the pricings are fine.

If people want to just grind money doing taxi or mechanic then they're not the kind of people you want working at legit companies as they will just provide minimum RP there in order to make some money. People can provide good RP in the taxi and mechanic roles if they want to but its up to the individual, and all problems you're experiencing with these jobs have solutions then you just personally need to implement. 

Taxi drivers and Mechanics get paid too much and it's just meta at this point. People don't want to work for legit companies because they can just grind for money using a taxi. People won't pay the taxi rates that the locals will, so this also takes away from the RP unfortunately. The most popular advice when joining the Roleplay.co.uk server for GTA is, "Get a taxi license from town hall or become a mechanic". The main issues are the lack of roleplay when doing these jobs, but taxi is the worst. People won't pay taxi prices to make the trip worth the time. Taxis could also be paid to the bank and tipped in cash to stop the many robberies on hard working cab drivers and the system could work more like Uber, the driver should see the job and price from people and, upon arriving at the location, should be paid if the person is no longer at the collection point. Too many people book and then leave or take a locals car. Please fix this.
I don't think they are paid too much. A lot of cars, helicopters, aircrafts, guns +++ costs a lot of money. If you decrease what mechanics earn (3500 for local cars) and 7500 for police cars (Wich is not really that much, compared to the constant competition between mechanics to get those jobs) you will make it even harder to get people to do legal jobs at all. 
I rather see more legal jobs, maybe more time-taking jobs wich is not just "A to B press E", and that those time-taking jobs and legit business jobs will be higher paid. However, until we get more legal jobs, then I think the payment for taxi and mechanic is fine. However, if we get more jobs, then I can agree on that, maybe balance it more. 

As someone else stated also, the people using all their time grinding on taxi or mechanic, is probably not the people you want to hire in a legitimate business either. 😀

Back