What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Do Gangs Control Too Much

MrRobeplay

Gangs have too many members who are made to do legit jobs like mining raw materials. Mining and other production jobs are worthless because selling a product at gang prices for a legit company is criminal... they expect you to work your ass off for well below minimum wage. The effects of this limit legit businesses from being able to hire people to work for them, make money and get great RP. Why should gangs get millions of pounds daily and use their minions to work for free as part of gang duties while those going a different RP route can't even sell a product without being taken advantage of. Let me know your thoughts please.

Ronin Inc has opened for business as a logistics and supply chain management company and has secured multiple contracts to supply its customers throughout the city. 

In addition it has subcontracted supply work to an even larger number of workers gathering raw materials to provide a steady income to them as an alternate source of income other than food delivery, taxi driving or mechanical work. 

We are a legitimate corporate enterprise and are always looking to expand operations and will consider any contract, large or small in pursuit of further establishing itself within the city of Los Santos.

"Ronin Inc. We appreciate your business."

Last edited by a moderator:
The Post Office will also deliver any goods you can manufacture or supply to your agreed partners at no costs to yourself. 

😄 

In terms of your comment about gangs - no i dont think there is a problem. I think it is the perception of the problem that is the issue. You need to focus on a specific area of the economy and build your brand to that effect. You should be looking at who your suppliers are, who your customers are and who works for you/what overheads you have. Gangs are not the only customers, far from it. There are plenty of shops which supply various items to the denizens/citizens of Los Santos, you just need to identify the market and undercut the competition. The economy works fine as it is, market forces set the rate, there is no minimum wage. There is only the opportunity cost - the cost of doing this particular activity vice doing another one. Some elements of the economy could do with a tweak yes, and some are underutilised but thats not the point of this thread. Just because gang members own shops does not mean that they are criminals. Lots of people own lots of things and there is a lot of room to break into a specific market. You just need to understand that you need to put some effort in and people will reward you for your time. I spend most of my in game time now negotiating deals with suppliers to buy and sell raw and manufactured materials and making a small profit. Could I make more focusing entirely on one activity, yes I could but I enjoy the human interaction even if I dont always turn a profit. 

It entirely depends on what you want to achieve with the play time you have. Dont hate the game, learn to play it. 

I agree with William, I do not see a problem with gangs.

Most, if not all gangs will pay their members decent money for mining and smelting while still making profit. You say they have "too many members" but they will  be paying the majority of them. So if gangs can operate in such a way and still make their profit, what is stopping you? I think you just need to take some time to assess the market and go from there.

All of this is extremely helpful and gives me confidence that in time I will get results and maybe my short time in the city is the real issue. I definitely can and will make new contacts to work with as I spend more time in the city. Thanks to all of you for your honest feedback and if you have any additional advice for me I would love to hear it. Respect! 

There are plenty of people out there who will pay you for your time and work you just need to make those connections 🙂

I dont think you have fully thought about your plan tbh. There are lots of people out there who will buy your materials off you, just need to go out and actually find those people. Maybe take some time going around, speaking to different people and then start to come up with your prices and start building a solid business plan.

Gangs are set to 25 ppl, not everyone in the gang does these legal activities such as mining. Gangs need huge amounts of resources meaning some members will go to the mines.

I dont think you have fully thought about your plan tbh. There are lots of people out there who will buy your materials off you, just need to go out and actually find those people. Maybe take some time going around, speaking to different people and then start to come up with your prices and start building a solid business plan.

Gangs are set to 25 ppl, not everyone in the gang does these legal activities such as mining. Gangs need huge amounts of resources meaning some members will go to the mines.
I'm building my plan as I go, but holding onto a lot of material right now and finding it hard to sell. Maybe that is because I'm trying to sell to the only people I know and that's gang members, but the prices are too cheap since they have their own guys working. I've been working out prices of raw material and the time it takes to gather it and working out my plan from there. I need more time to make contacts and that's definitely my next step. Don't get me wrong though, I'm enjoying myself and I'm chatting to people in game.

This server is based very much off who you know. Once you get your name out there, make some adverts. You will find a buyer. 
I have time, plenty of it. I'm only a week into RP and this is my first ever city. I played GTA on Xbox years back for like a year, but only just learned about RP when I got my first gaming PC in late Jan 2022. It's a crazy world and I'm enjoying it.

Welcome aboard. Advertise on tweedle. Can't give too much more advice than that for now. Plenty of shops will buy your labour though. 

Welcome aboard. Advertise on tweedle. Can't give too much more advice than that for now. Plenty of shops will buy your labour though. 
Yesterday was a good day for business and I made much more effort to have a great time with my character. I would love to know if there's some kind of price list for raw materials as I'm so new to RP and this is my first city?

i'm sure again, as many have mentioned that if you put yourself out there and build those connections, things like a pricing list/ prices in general or what not wouldn't be hard to come by. Welcome to RPUK!

i'm sure again, as many have mentioned that if you put yourself out there and build those connections, things like a pricing list/ prices in general or what not wouldn't be hard to come by. Welcome to RPUK!
Fair and true... easy things bore me anyway haha.

The price is whatever the customer is prepared to pay and the supplier is prepared to sell at. Its an economy. There is no set price for a reason. 

Back