What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Slow loading times for FiveM launcher

Isak

Investor
Investor
Since I believe newyears I have had a issue with FiveM where it will not launch, magically before I just had to delete the cache and it worked. 

For the past weeks I sometimes have to wait 20 minutes for the menu to open.

Upon trying to launch FiveM the loading box does appear. But will not open FiveM after the loading is completed. In Taskmanager FiveM is running. I have tried most things to be able to fix it, clear cache, restart my pc, reinstall FiveM and GTA5, and even factory resetting. I cannot find anyone that has the same issue online but if anyone got any solutions I potentially can try it would be much appreciated! 

View attachment 19142View attachment 19143

Seen similiar and it seems to be GPU issue. I'm making an assumption that you're running AMD GPU.

Try updating your graphics drivers & make sure you're running FiveM with your dedicated GPU and not on integrated.

EDIT: Could also be your defender/firewall acting up so make sure to make an exclusion for FiveM as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm making an assumption that you're running AMD GPU.
I am a NVIDIA user. I believe my drivers are up to date but will go and check. Will also try adding a exclusion, cheers!

EDIT: Oh my, you are a actual legend, adding the exclusion fixed it. ❤️

Last edited by a moderator:
To solve this:

- Quit FiveM in task manager

- Right Click FiveM Shortcut > Open File location

- Go to FiveM Application Data > Data

- Delete the first folder named “cache”, Don't worry this will not affect anything to do with RPUK.

- Launch FiveM and done.

I am not sure why this occurs, I have made several Cfx Forum posts and got no response. This is a solution i found manually that works for me and others.

Back