What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here Less than 10 left!

New Arma game "Arma Reforger"

captainbikini

As some of you may still remember, this community used to be big into Arma 3 Altis life roleplay.

Bohemia Interactive just released an Early access Game using their new engine called "Arma Reforger"

Has there been any discussion in this community / by the admins, whether a Life server may be experimented on in this new Game? Would love to meet some old faces back in a fresh environment.

I can't see how that game would be good for RP to be honest.

Same goes for any future Arma game to be honest. They just don't have the functionality and setting GTA does. FiveM was a blessing to Role-players, it gave us features, setting, everything that the RP Gamemodes have always needed. The only reason to go to Arma again would be for nostalgia, and it's not always as good as you'd expect.

only "New" game id see a new Life setting on other than GTA is Dayz.. With a high amount of time and modding I feel like it has some great mechanics to be turned into a life server. Arma reforger is basically a dayz/squad test bed for future arma games but I really dont think a life server would flourish on it.

only "New" game id see a new Life setting on other than GTA is Dayz.. 
We tried DayZ at one point. The thing about DayZ Roleplay is that it's already a really dominated place with 3 very active servers that I know of. When we launched DayZ on RPUK a few years back, it got off to a decent start with a good few people, then FiveM took off and the rest is history. 

only "New" game id see a new Life setting on other than GTA is Dayz.. With a high amount of time and modding I feel like it has some great mechanics to be turned into a life server. Arma reforger is basically a dayz/squad test bed for future arma games but I really dont think a life server would flourish on it.
Yes DayZ and like Red Dead. Just both of them are two very enjoyable settings for roleplay

They just don't have the functionality and setting GTA does
Tbh the enfusion engine makes that no longer really the case. Everything such as new cars, new vehicles, new props, new animations and new maps etc can be built into servers in a relatively similar way to GTA does. On previous Arma's, I would 100% agree with you but the extent of what the enfusion engine should allow, as people start to get more and more experienced with it, is not much short of able to make a whole new game from it 😂.

Tbh the enfusion engine makes that no longer really the case. Everything such as new cars, new vehicles, new props, new animations and new maps etc can be built into servers in a relatively similar way to GTA does. On previous Arma's, I would 100% agree with you but the extent of what the enfusion engine should allow, as people start to get more and more experienced with it, is not much short of able to make a whole new game from it 😂.
My point is, why make a whole setting that still wont be correct and as functional as what we already have... when we already have it? GTA is literally built for RP in a sense of city RP. Arma isn't, don't make something it's not when we already have what we want to make

My point is, why make a whole setting that still wont be correct and as functional as what we already have... when we already have it? GTA is literally built for RP in a sense of city RP. Arma isn't, don't make something it's not when we already have what we want to make
Nobody said anything about actually making something as nobody is experienced enough in it to do it successfully yet and as you said there is potentially not a point BUT it is (or at least it will be with experience and a few fixes etc) no longer going to be the case that the Arma series of games going forward couldn't have equal functionality and setting to FiveM servers.

Back