What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here 5 left!

Unban Appeal - Dj Kendall - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dj Kendall

Unban Appeal for Dj Kendall 

In-game Name: Joe Kendall

Server: GTA RP

Steam ID: 76561198093622352

Ban ID: !!rpuk8063!!

Reason given for your ban: G2.3, C1.7

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.: I was banned due to jailing people for breaking server rules multiple times and not following the correct way in dealing with it.

Why should we unban you ?: Firstly id like to say this was never done on a malicious intent but it was purely for the benefit of the server.
I know i shouldnt have done this and followed the correct way of dealing with the situation however given the cirsumstances, i really thought it was for the best to just get rid of them as quickly as possible and then deal with the situation after.

I never did this whenever a rule was broken but when racist slurs, homophobic remarks/sexist, extereme ear rape over a long period of time was happening and generally effecting peoples RP.
At the end of the day we are here to play a game and have fun but when someone oversteps that mark and is targeting or purposly trying to hurt people, i felt it best to just remove them as quickly as possible.
The last thing i wanted was for someone to get upset/hurt or put off the server becouse of the actions of 1 person.
I personally thought i was doing what was best at the time and wasnt thinking of it being a abuse of powers.

Given the time away i have had despite the fact i was able to appeal the ban without a cooldown, i have had time to relect on the situation at hand and i fully understand that my actions were unacceptable and given the length of time i have been apart of this community, i should have known better than to deal with it how i did.

Despite the circumstances i should have continued to RP, moved them aside from everyone else and used OOC to get a staff member.

My roleplay has never been faulted and i always try to provide the best and most dynamic roleplay possible, always have and always will to a point where ive been in a number of forum posts thanking me.
I always try my best to bring something new to the table becouse it is what we make it.
Moving on to if you choose to unban me, i will make sure that something like this would never happen again and the correct way of dealing with it is followed.
I love being in the police/solicitor/NHS and i would never do something intentional to compromise my ability to be in these factions as at the end of the day a high standard of roleplay is required for these and its something i always give and will continue to give.

Please confirm that you have read the unban appeal process and rules: Yes

Good Morning @Dj Kendall

As mentioned in the ticket you was in there are multiple times you've taken it upon yourself to give a long time in prison for a number of reasons if you believed someone was breaking the server rules. You say this wasn't does with malicious intent however we only have your word for it and thus far you haven't been forth coming when asked in the ticket, So how can we trust you was only doing this for the benefit of the server now? 

Now you mentioned that you wouldn't do something intentional to compromise my ability to be in these factions, However you have to see how using your whitelisting could do the very thing you say you don't want to do?

Putting people in prison for a long time effects the person you are putting in for a long time regardless of how it's being spun. Maybe the player is new, Maybe they didn't read the rules, Maybe they broke no rules and you put them in prison under a reason. Since there was never a report nor any evidence we have no way to prove any rule was ever broke. This is why we have a staff team and a report a player section on the forums. If players took it upon themselves to punish others for what they believe was a rule break then it would be chaos!

As you know there are multiple ways to contact staff, ooc, teamspeak, discord tickets, If you have evidence then the report a player section that can be used. If something is posted in ooc and a staff member is free then we would keep an eye on the situation over jumping in the middle of a situation not knowing what is happening before we see everything. 

Hello @Stuart

I full understand where you are coming from with this, and i do believe a few of them were reported and banned, but i would have to look back through the report a player section and find these posts by other people (if you like)

As i said it was never done when a rule break was commited infact in these situations i would point these people in the right direction and educated them alittle when it come to minor things.

With being honest in the ticket, i really didnt know that i had done this so many times hense when asked in the ticket i answered with what i did, when i was sent the evidance with the amount of times i had actually done this i was pretty shocked tbh and really didnt think it was that many.

I understand your point when it comes to them being new ect but as i said small rule breaks i would try and educate them etc, the people i did this was blantent trolls who had no intention of playing the server the correct way, running round RDMing/VDMing then once downed and or cuffed continued to shout out racists and homophobic remarks/sexists while shouting and ear raping over people when explained that, that sort of stuff is not allowed here, and after being told, they showed no care to the infomation they was given and continued to carry on this behavour.

I recall one incident where me and @Vicky Smithhad arrested a troll and was on the way to PD when he began to extreme ear rape us while we was trying to RP and calling us "little F****ts" the ear rape was so bad and intence that both mine and @Vicky Smithhearing was actually hurt/effected for a period of time due to this.

I can only be truthful with what i am writing/saying as thats the only way forward. i wish i had proof to show you all the situations that this happened on as this would show that chances were given multiple times and it wasnt done right away but after multiple chances where given.

As i said i realise now that this was incorrect in the way it was dealt with but from the bottom of my heart i was truely looking out for the community that has been such a bit part of my life for so long.

There was always a reason that i did this and wouldnt have done this for no reason at all but i understand i went about it all wrong.

Whilst I understand that some situations are difficult to deal with if people are breaking the rules you shouldn't let this effect your roleplay overall. Giving that situation you mentioned I understand that it would of been hard to have to endure that however one should lead by example.  

Within your response you mention you'd try and educate people who broke "Small rules" Can you explain this a bit more, What rules we're broken and what did you do to "educate them"?

If someone does break the rules the best thing to do is to alert us in ooc, Even if we don't respond in ooc it doesn't mean we aren't around, Or simply make a player report as you mentioned as a whole. 

If someone breaks a rule does that give you the right to do the same thing or do you believe it's fine because you might be doing it for others not to have to endure such things?

In your main post you mention "Despite the circumstances i should have continued to RP, moved them aside from everyone else and used OOC to get a staff member." What do you mean by you should of moved them aside? 

@Dj KendallPlease respond soon or the appeal will be timed out.

Sorry for the late reply but you are aware of the situation now going from your last comment

When it came to small rules such as saying words that could/would hurt someone, i would just say to them look you cant say them sdort of things round here, the person would be apologetic about it given that this would generally be new poeple to the server i would give them the time and answer any questions they had about anything and help them to the best of my ability.

Other things such as minor RDM etc i would speak thewse people and explain that they couldnt just go round doing this and starting fights with people without saying anythingij at all.

I always explained these weather it was new people or the trolls that were jailed, i gave everyone the opotunity and warned them and explained it to them.  

In your main post you mention "Despite the circumstances i should have continued to RP, moved them aside from everyone else and used OOC to get a staff member." What do you mean by you should of moved them aside? 
What i mean by this is move them away from the other people to keep control of the situation rather than dealing with it how i did deal with it. moving them asdide so other peoples RP was not effected and followed the correct way in dealing with the situation,

If someone breaks a rule does that give you the right to do the same thing or do you believe it's fine because you might be doing it for others not to have to endure such things?
As i said it was never done when any rule break was done however when you had the toxic ear rape / racist remarks / sexist/homophobic - i felt at the time it was the right thing for me to do for the benefit of everyone but obvciously i now know this is the wrong way of dealling with it and going forward from this, i wouldnt do it again.

Good Afternoon @Dj Kendall

It does seem that you understand what you did was wrong overall, However in the process you did abuse your whitelisting as a police officer. Whilst some may agree what you did was alright this is far from acceptable. We do have means to report players and bring it to the staff teams attention from Player reports, ooc chat, Discord tickets & Join for support channels on teamspeak so the options are there to contact us as a Staff Team to handle such situations and not to take it in to our own hands and break server rules ourselves.

Now with that being said it has been a few months since you have been gone for the community and I'd be willing to give you another chance within the community however this does come with a condition attached to being unbanned. Since you did abuse your role as a police officer and that level of trust that goes along with it and this will take time to gain back.

The condition of the unban is; You will receive a blacklist from the police for a total of 3 months from the time of the appeal being accepted. This means you will not be allowed to join the police either on your current character that was part of the police or any character for the duration of the blacklist being in place. After this 3 month period you will be able to appeal the blacklist via POLCOM where they will then make the decision should you choose to try and return to the police either with that character or a new one.

I appreciate the second chance Stuart and I can agree I think this condition you have provided is completely fair and i respect your decision as a whole

i guess this mean my solicitor while start building the hours up 😂

but on a serious note I do appreciate the second chance and apologies for not leading by example given the time I have been in this community 

Indeed many things you can do still to build that trust back up as a whole also. I'll go ahead and issue the unban for you. The Blacklist will be starting from today so 11/06/2022 and can be appealed via POLCOM on 11/09/2022. I hope you don't let us down with this opportunity we are giving you. 

Unbanned!

Welcome Back!

Now that you’ve been unbanned don’t forget to give our rules a thorough read over again here.

Please note unbans on the server are instant and you will be able to connect straight away.

Additionally, to get more involved with the community join our Steam Group and Discord!

Steam Group: RPUK Steam Group

Discord: RPUK Discord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back