What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Unban Appeal - rozzer187 - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

rozzer187

Unban Appeal for rozzer187 

In-game Name: russell jones

Server: GTA RP

Steam ID: 76561199105024326

Ban ID: !!rpuk8892!!

Reason given for your ban: c1.2 g1.2

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.: On Thursday the 2nd of June, me and a few other people were outside the local pd. I was there to report a person for selling to locals as part of rp. at the time I was there, it got very busy and at one point probably 20+ were outside pd. at the time of this happening, one of the people I was with had an altercation with a person who became known to me as Dave. from what I understand, Dave had an earlier altercation with one of the people I was with. this was resolved by them having a fist fight in an alleyway around the corner from the local pd. not long after the fight, dave was stood with myself and 3 other people I was with across the road from the local pd. At this point, one of the members of my group made a joke about Dave taking his shirt off and then typing out ''the guy in the white is getting aroused'' ( this was in reference to my player) I ignore this and moved away from the group I was with. I was out of earshot of the chatter when I heard one of my group say ''shit, shit, are you boys gonna help me??'' I looked over and saw who I now knew as Dave, swinging a sledgehammer at the people I was with. Dave was aware I was part of that this posse even though I was a member of the gang ( F6 Roleplay ). Its at this point I ran over to him without any announcement and attempted to stab him. I failed in this and I was downed.

It was while I was downed that I heard him say to the people who witnessed this ''right im off on a fishing trip'' it was at this point I was disconnected from the server. I thought this was either down to RDM or being near the pd without good cause. when I tried to log back in, I saw the reasons given above to why I had been banned from the server. I fully accept that my actions to attack the other person were RDM and I could have handled this better and for that I apologize. However, one of the other reasons was discriminatory behavior which is confusing to me given how little I spoke or interacted with most of the people present at the time of the incident. I welcome the idea of talking this out in discord if that is what it will take to show that whoever you heard talking was not me.

Why should we unban you ?: I feel I should have my permanent ban lifted as I have been falsely accused of something which I have not done. I have played this server for a while now and not caused any problems with my other character (Luca Changretta ) I do however believe I should be subject to whatever punishment follows for RDM as I am guilty of this and for that reason all I can do is offer my apology and say that it will not happen again. thanks for taking time to read this

Please confirm that you have read the unban appeal process and rules: Yes

Not exactly true is it. You was watched running around hitting people with no roleplay and just shouting abuse and other remarks that you shouldn't really be saying. Why did you think you could do something like this? 

My statement is completely true and I welcome any evidence of this to be proven as I already pointed out, the only time that I attacked another person by RDM was a person know as Dave who had attacked other members of the gang I was with. I did not shout abuse at any persons while I was outside PD. Most of the time I was there, I was in an infernus which I had taken from a local. I then swapped that car for another one until it was badly damaged and after that I spent most of the time outside Pd on foot and observing everyone else. I ask you to look at any evidence you have and again invite you to speak on discord as you will be able to tell my voice is not that of the accused. I 100% did not run around hitting people and shouting any abuse. The only thing I am guilty of is RDM. And if you look back you will see I am guilty of nothing other than this. May I also point out that even though I had the default character skin, I had changed the shoes earlier that day on the character from default black and white ones.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well you do seem to remember the situation well (Even though some of it is being selective of what happened as a whole). I'd like to remind you that honesty is the best policy overall, So lets try this again. Why do you believe you had the right to go around hitting others without any roleplay and shouting abuse towards others?

I did not hit anyone else other than the person called dave, who I admitted to stabbing without roleplay and I have aplogized for this.. I didn't speak with him before I attacked him or while I was attacking him. I also did not shout abuse at any other persons. If you have any recording of this I ask you to play it back and then join me in discord and you will see that this is a mistake and I have been accused of something I haven't done. At no point in being a part of this server have I shouted abuse at anyone. All I can do is ask you to listen to the voice of the person shouting abuse and then join me on discord. I also pointed out about the default character skin and the change of shoes, has this been looked at? You tell me honesty is the best policy and I get that but, I can only own up to what I am guilty of and that is the RDM and if anything else, loitering outside PD.

That is very interesting indeed... 

While you are claiming you are not the one who was shouting the abuse, you are also not making any statements as to who did. You seem to remember the whole thing very well, don´t you think something would have stuck about someone running around and calling people "mongs"? 

I remember my part in the gathering outside PD as I already said in my above statement. I spent most of time with the gang of 3 people I was with and some of it driving up and down past PD as I didn't want to be kicked for loitering. This is why I drove up and down in the red infernus until it was damaged. After that I swapped to what I think was a blue ocelot ( the soft top that looks like a jaguar) the majority of the time I was on the opposite side of street. I know I have already asked you to view any footage as I know this will show I am telling the truth. Given that no progress has been made yet I can only guess you don't have the footage or you haven't had the time to look. If anything im dissapointed, I followed the rules on my alt and the only rule I broke on my new guy ( russell jones ) was RDM. I feel that it is because of my default appearance that I have taken the blame for someone else's actions. I can only hope that anyone else reading my appeal can learn from this and not make a character with the default skin. I would also like to say in my defence, the word "mong" is so far removed from anything I would say given the use of its slur and the people it is reserved for but, that is a personal matter which I do not intend to share. I also want to add that at nearly 40, I spend my time doing more productive things on the server than insulting people. I can't think of anything else to add that would help in my plea.

Thanks for the replies.

Hello @rozzer187

I appreciate your honesty and patience so far, I was the person placing this ban as I, when using '/sessionheads', saw your session ID go "red" (indicating 'Speaking'), when these slurs were spoken. 
I'd like to point out that in no way shape or form were you selected by your clothing or seemingly 'new player' appearance - but there is a possibility that you were mistaken for somebody else, and that someone outside of my field of view expressed these comments while your 'session ID' was indicating "Speaking".
The ban was placed, as it was from my perspective, done in combination with the 'RDM', which of course doesn't paint a promising picture for a 'valuable member' to keep around. I'm sure you'd agree with me on this so far, given your statements above. 

If you in fact were banned partially in error, I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience. 

-Removing the 'C1.2', the ban would have been a '1 day ban' at worst, but without the malicious comments as context, a warning would have been a more likely outcome given the situation. As of such, I will revert the current ban - the 'C1.2' will be removed entirely, and the 'G1.2 - RDM' will be counted as a warning instead, thus putting you back to a 'clean ban record', with no infractions towards the 'Fair Bans System'. 

Unbanned.

_________

Code:
NOTE:
C1.2 - This is removed entirely.
G1.2 - Does not count towards ban history.
G1.2 - Count towards warnings.

Thanks for taking the time to read my appeal. This would have been less likely to happen had I not been around PD. It is a worry though that it feels open to abuse if say a mob of people were talking at the same time and someone decided to be  abusive.picking the offender out of the crowd would be like a needle in haystack unless you were familiar with the offenders voice. Or like I offered, you could get them on discord to hear them.?Thanks for the unban. I'll be more mindful about RDM and being around emergency buildings in future. See you ingame.

Welcome Back!

Now that you’ve been unbanned don’t forget to give our rules a thorough read over again here.

Please note unbans on the server are instant and you will be able to connect straight away.

Additionally, to get more involved with the community join our Steam Group and Discord!

Steam Group: RPUK Steam Group

Discord: RPUK Discord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back