What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Report a player - Jason Barnes | Vagos - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

PJ Adams

Banned
Report a player 

Your In-game Name: Wyatt Adams

Name and/or ID of the player(s) you are reporting: Jason Barnes | Vagos

Which server did the incident take place on: GTA RP

Date of the incident: 06/14/22

Time of the incident (GMT) 24hr Format: 200

What best describes this incident ?: RDM, Exploiting

Please (in detail) describe the incident: First off I'd like to start with something clear and simple.
https://imgur.com/PvZwTq4
"using emotes to dodge punches or bullets may be banned for exploiting"
Wyatt POV: https://youtu.be/8ltPL9RHa00
Kane POV : https://imgur.com/xCrDM03

Secondly, RDM which in my opinion was awful from Jason, considering he's been a long standing member of the community to provide such poor interaction with police.
For some context for staff members, Vagos and police have had some tension due to shooting happening earlier in the day. Regardless, this doesn't give someone especially a past community leader to provide as such as shown in the video below.

Link to any evidence (Youtube/Screenshot):

https://youtu.be/iwCMhdMdpFg
This report is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth!: Yes

You tried to resolve the situation with the player(s) before reporting: No

This is not a revenge report (Abuse will lead to forum/community bans): Yes

Last edited by a moderator:
I was also involved in this scenario as one of the police.

For a bit of backstory on my side, Vagos were witnessed multiple times throughout the night displaying firearms. We wanted to search them but couldn't due to their numbers and the lack of ours as it is late at night. A dispatch then comes in later on saying that there's shots fired at vagos turf. We then head over and see a vagos by himself, due to the reasons prior stated in RP we already have enough grounds to search him on sight and perform an armed intervention. However we decide to go for an armed enquiry (essentially a chat with guns out) however the suspect then makes off and it is obvious to us that he is probably in possession of a firearm.

As the suspect is making off we are still chasing and shouting and I fire 2 precise shots (1 at the back left and 1 at the back right) into the tires of the vehicle in a then attempt to chase/pursue it. (It is very obvious I've not shot AT them and instead their tyres)

We eventually find the vehicle and see the suspect decamp from it, to which we are still expecting to perform an armed intervention and actually get/receive some roleplay. However as we go around to the back of the building no words have been spoken to us at any point yet from any vagos member and molotov's are thrown at us. Along with Jason Barnes then shooting Wyatt in the back with a shotgun (who wasn't involved in the situation at all until this very moment) without saying anything at all.

From Our POV (the police involved) we just wanted some RP. A bit of a chase and finally to maybe catch one of them at the end of the night due to them basically being invincible all night prior. However we just get shot without any words spoken and no RP what so ever on their side. We all agreed we weren't happy about it.

We then look at the footage from all our POV's and see Jason then exploit to dodge bullets from Kane shooting at him. Due to the exploit on Wyatt's POV all the bullets miss, yet on Kane's POV the bullets hit and do nothing due to de-sync and the exploit being performed. (Kane's POV https://imgur.com/xCrDM03 )

Here's my POV of the situation: https://medal.tv/games/gta-v/clips/opf1vT64M7Bek/d13373iZRQBG?invite=cr-MSx5YmosMzE2ODA5NjMs

Last edited by a moderator:
Where exactly am I exploiting? I was being shot and laid on the floor. I didn't have a gun out, I wasn't using it to duck in and out of cover to fire and gain an advantage, I was literally protecting myself. The wall near me wasn't allowing me to use Q to take cover so I panicked slightly and used Passout. As soon as it stopped I stood back up and looked for a section of wall that would actually let me take cover properly. Its a bit of a reach to say I exploited and didn't take any damage because if the clip continues you will see me re apply my Armor I'm pretty sure but its cut off. I also only did it on once occasion If I remember correctly or if I did do it again I quickly cancelled it because I know its not allowed in combat situations. 

especially a past community leader
Never have been a community leader.

For a bit of backstory on my side, Vagos were witnessed multiple times throughout the night displaying firearms
I think this is an important fact to remember and keep in mind when looking at the choices you all made as police in this situation.

As the suspect is making off we are still chasing and shouting and I fire 2 precise shots (1 at the back left and 1 at the back right) into the tires of the vehicle in a then attempt to chase/pursue it. (It is very obvious I've not shot AT them and instead their tyres)
The bullets hit the car in my POV because both me and the passenger heard the noise of it banging off metal and were so confused why we were being shot at just because I'd picked him up from a foot chase. Absolutely no reason to even try to take the tyres other than oh shit we are on foot and are gonna have to hold an L if we don't stop that car from getting away right now so lets shoot it.

We eventually find the vehicle and see the suspect decamp from it, to which we are still expecting to perform an armed intervention and actually get/receive some roleplay.
It's irrelevant what you are expecting from a scenario and that's the wrong mentality to have especially given you've just shot at the vehicle the people were in. If things don't go the way you want you are naturally gonna feel disappointed and hard done by because its not what you wanted.

molotov's are thrown at us
It was 1 and it was by accident with me aiming and pressing G at the same time that's why it went no where near any one.

A bit of a chase and finally to maybe catch one of them at the end of the night due to them basically being invincible all night prior. However we just get shot without any words spoken and no RP what so ever on their side.
This just sounds like you wanted to get an easy win because you'd had to just accept L's all night when its really not about that. What words did you want me to shout before firing my shotgun that would have made this not RDM? We weren't invincible all night at all, we lost plenty to police over a number of situations but again, its the wrong mentality to have. We had a really fun time at Humane Labs having a long drawn out situation/shoot out involving fall deep back into Humane and we all lost guns but we didn't care because it was fun.

Taking everything you've stated in the report and laying it out as facts;
Police and Vagos have had a number of interactions with police through out the night and have brandished Firearms on a number of occasions as you said. You then decided to fire on 2 Vagos members in a car to the point it was disabled and know they have taken refuge on a roof. So the decision was made to chase them on to the roof? Am I supposed to initiate some conversation with the officer holding the assault rifle at this point? Or is he just going to combat roll and spray me down? We all know the answer. Poor decision making got him shot on the roof not RDM. I could have shouted something while I was shooting maybe but honestly in the heat of the moment its a bit difficult to do with 4 officers pushing you on a rooftop. 

You tried to resolve the situation with the player(s) before reporting: No

This is also funny to me and the excuse of "TS wont work" or "this has happened too many times" doesn't fly because I've not been reported for over 12 months and never been called to TS for my actions in the past.

As Police you are still a uniformed whitelisted group on the server. We have had on going scenarios all night long to the point that you are sick of not being able to get hold of us. If any other gang was in the position you all found yourself in and got shot in that manor the simple reply would be "what do you expect". 

In your responses to me you seem to mention ‘L’s, Win mentality, Feelings’ Which we have no interest in. As I already stated, what we wanted… was some RP. Which you can tell by during the foot pursuit Daniel Smith still says at this point ‘we just want a chat’. We could have instantly shown up and just grabbed him but we didn’t. You also state something of the fact that we had a gun in our hand and this essentially gives you the right to shoot us with no roleplay or words. We are firearms officers, we have guns in our hands. Even at the point where we are at your safehouse we had no intention of shooting anyone (and are simply there to pursue the one person we believe had a gun) and I believe you know this for a fact and are making an excuse to make it seem otherwise. You shot us with no roleplay, no words and we didn’t even know you were involved in the situation because of it. This is RDM. Or failure to/very poor roleplay at the least. I won’t be responding any more unless its to a staff member, have a nice day.

If any other gang was in the position you all found yourself in and got shot in that manor the simple reply would be "what do you expect"
I have nothing else to add unless staff request it. 

Your report is currently being reviewed, Please be patient while the evidence is reviewed

Please keep checking this report regularly just in case the reviewing staff member has any questions

Thank you for your report and you doing your part to keep our community clean!

giphy.gif

Hello all. 

So, there are two parts to this report. I will address the RDM part first. 

No, this was not RDM. You lot short at his car, ran in telling him to get his hands up after chasing him for a while, what did you expect? 

Now, as for the emote exploiting, that is a whole different story. To put it simply, yes this exploiting. I really don't feel like I need to sit here and explain why, seeing as I put out a VERY clear announcement about this some time back. Using emotes during a gun fight to dodge anything? exploiting, plain and simple. As such this report will be accepted for the charge of exploiting, but not for RDM.

Barnes, you should know better. 

Report Accepted.

Jason Barnes - C2.2 Exploiting. Perm ban.

Thank you for doing your part in keeping the community clean.

Your report has been approved and action has been taken against the reported player.

If you are out of pocket due to this case please now open a compensation request here, Do make sure to mention this report.

giphy.gif

EDIT:

It was pointed out to me by another staff member and I do agree, that the police might have even been guilty of some form of RDM here. I'm am actually quite annoyed that I hadn't pointed this out originally. Why on earth are you just opening fire on an escaping slow car? You had 10 different ways that you could have gone about that, and never has it be said that its OK to just go for tires or fire warning shots etc, without at least trying other options. You are police on this server, and police should simply not being shooting first, asking questions later. Let this be an informal warning to you all.  

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back