What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

wireless headset recommendations

Nikolai

Busy CoC man
Staff Team
Los Santos Police
Los Santos Police Trainer
title basically says it all, looking for a new headset that's wireless for preferably under 180 pounds, as the current own i currently use is sadly beginning to show its age

Do you need one with a mic? I'm in a similar situation and I'm almost definitely going to replace my Logitech G533 with a nice set of over ear Sennheiser's. I've always used a mic on a boom arm and that has worked well for me.

Was pretty happy with my Arctis 7 Pro for a couple years. More recent Arctis (Pro and Nova) headsets have switchable batteries to never be tethered, but will pricier than 180, (a couple handshakes should compensate for that tho)

@Gordonnot really, having a mic would be nice but not the end of the world if not.

@Isak Vladislavalready had the arctis pros recommended by a fellow norwegian of yours, would be down if prices weren't so high, and other stating it breaks after a year of use(plus minus ofc.)

@Gordonnot really, having a mic would be nice but not the end of the world if not.

@Isak Vladislavalready had the arctis pros recommended by a fellow norwegian of yours, would be down if prices weren't so high, and other stating it breaks after a year of use(plus minus ofc.)
Never really had any of mine break, only reason ive upgraded them thru the years is due to new features etc. the Pro version and the Nova works great for other devices like your phone for traveling etc aswell

Last edited by a moderator:

Yeah the steelseries subreddit is full of complaints about it breaking. 

I now own a Arctis pro wireless for 2.2ish years without any problems. Its really nice that you can switch between voice and gamesounds by using a scrollwheel.  However thats most of it going for the headset as IMO the sound quality is equal to way lower priced headsets on the market.

Hyper X offer a good wireless alternative to the Cloud 2's called HyperX Cloud Core, battery life is reasonable and respectable simple charging method (Plug and play) and up to 20 hours gaming time on a single charge, can't really compete tbh, has the same audio drivers as the HyperX Cloud 2 so will be full of volume and crisp clear sound, check out what they look like on their website - https://row.hyperx.com/collections/gaming-headsets/products/hyperx-cloud-core-wireless-gaming-headset-black?variant=40694002385101

PS #NikolaiSlap

Last edited by a moderator:
did the slap end the headset life?

did the slap end the headset life?
headset is fine, has a crack that's been there way before the slap, wire not so much, already bought a new wire once, and admittingly can't be fucked buying a new wire every 2 months lol

Hyper X offer a good wireless alternative to the Cloud 2's called HyperX Cloud Core, battery life is reasonable and respectable simple charging method (Plug and play) and up to 20 hours gaming time on a single charge, can't really compete tbh, has the same audio drivers as the HyperX Cloud 2 so will be full of volume and crisp clear sound, check out what they look like on their website - https://row.hyperx.com/collections/gaming-headsets/products/hyperx-cloud-core-wireless-gaming-headset-black?variant=40694002385101

PS #NikolaiSlap
been looking at the logtich g pro x wireless one, have the wired one, works great, reviews state that they sound alike, also have about 20 hours of battery life(some state closer to 25, take with a pinch of salt) so unless the difference between the 2 is major is there really much point in me switching?

+1 for the Hyper X Cloud II  I did manage to get mine new for about half price on eBay cos the silly sausage listed it as a Cloud Stinger.
200.gif

unless the difference between the 2 is major is there really much point in me switching?
The cloud 2 Wireless edition have a quoted 30 hour battery life compared to other counterparts combined with a solid no questions asked warranty and the quality of the audio drivers outdoes that of the Logitech Pro X series, there's a reason esports players use Hyper X and streamers alike, they're strong suitable headsets 🙂 

Back