What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Report a player - 544 - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRealCheese

Report a player 

Your In-game Name: Billy McCletuson

Name and/or ID of the player(s) you are reporting: 544

Which server did the incident take place on: GTA RP

Date of the incident: 07/27/22

Time of the incident (GMT) 24hr Format: --

What best describes this incident ?: Exploiting

Please (in detail) describe the incident: The video speaks for itself. Using an emote to gain advantage during a gunfight to dodge bullets.

Link to any evidence (Youtube/Screenshot):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW_kIw-3qI8

This report is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth!: No

You tried to resolve the situation with the player(s) before reporting: No

This is not a revenge report (Abuse will lead to forum/community bans): Yes

Ello ello, 

I have just been sent this by people I know and I am happy to provide a response althrough I personally do not believe this video provides enough context to the situation so if you could please post a longer video that would be ideal.

In relation to this incident and my current understanding of the rules I NEVER intended to exploit or gain an advantage by emoting in this video. Before this video (where it has been cut at the start) I was shot an extreme amount of time whereby I was almost dead inside of the car. For this reason I then decided to use the emote /e sleep to replicate that I had passed out from blood loss. 

Whilst I was in this emote it is quite clear that at no point did I retaliate and / or drive the car at any point to gain an advantage and this wasnt my intention at all. I did remain sationary at this time and following what I have heard from others and staff members in the past in this community I was informed that there isnt really and issue with doing this and I personally feel that context is an extremely important thing in this situation. Therefore from what I have been told in the past this wouldnt have been an issue. However if this is different or staff are of another opinion then I am happy to own up to a mistake that I am not aware of being one!

Also, after I have then became (concious) again I then cancelled the emote to 'rp that I have woken back up' and then began to drive off whereby I was then instantly killed. This emote was cancelled by holding X or putting my hands up in game which isntantly cancells the emotes currently active.

As I have said before and I will say it again. There was no ill intention in what I was doing and if there is a problem I am happy to own up to it but from my current knowledge and past experience and hearing opinions from others I didnt, and still don't believe this quanitifies an exploit rule break but again am more than happy to hear staffs input on this situation.

As also stated before if a longer clip could be provided by the person who has reported or anyone present it will provide further context and show that prior to this clip where it has been started will show that at no point did I emote to 'gain advantage' and as soon as I activated it the car was stopped and I assumed the rp that I was 'unconcious'. 🤟

You say you were passed out to blood loss but didn’t do any /me and you coincidentally ‘came to’ at the perfect time to try drive off. You were in the middle of an active gunfight using an emote to stay hidden inside of a car. If you passed out to blood loss inside a car, you would still be sitting upright with a belt on. I will also add, if you’re going to the extent to emote to roleplay your injuries, when you did ‘wake up’ from blood loss, you should roleplay your injuries more by either talking to us or doing /me, I don’t think you would suddenly be able to speed off as soon as you gain consciousness. In my opinion, you were in an active gunfight and using emotes to remain hidden. Whether you say this isn’t to avoid bullets, it still is exploiting as you’re gaining an advantage by others not being able to see you or shoot you because of an emote. There is no need for a longer video, the context is all there.

I have to disagree with some of ya points but that is my explanation. At the end of the day I didn't think /me was appropriate due to the firefight and that I didnt think that you guys would have considered taking any notice of that anyways as your busy / pre-occupied...

I have no further explanation unless there are further questions to be answered in relation to this incident. It is a shame that you think I have tried to do this to gain an advantage and due to in-game limitations there are only soo many emotes you can do to replicate a passout inside of a car. I done one that I felt was applicable to the situation and if I actually wanted to be hidden from you lot there are other emotes that would have concealed me. 

Again to reiterate my point, it is a shame this is what you thought and it would have been decent to chat and liaise about this instead of this typing via forums but hey ho!

Lastly, if this is to be an exploit I will hold my hands up about it as I geniunely wasn't aware that this was the case for the time I have been playing here and due to prior incidents where there have been similar circumstances I have seen people do the same...

Following when I was actually killed there was roleplay with your guys whilst I was down however it seemed as if they were more occupied on trying to dump me in the ocean and again this is another reason why I didnt think /me 'typing a message' would be of any benefit for this short period.

I have no further to add at this time 🤙

I don't believe you RP that you essentially 'passed out' from blood loss due to as you were approached, you began driving away, cancelling the emote and start shooting at everyone. It is clear to see from the video provided that you used it to gain an advantage.

You say you are not aware of it being an exploit, but there was this announcement. Just because you have seen others do it, doesn't make it acceptable for you to do the same.

Exploit Bowen.png

If you extend that video you have put in there showing when I initially went into this animation / emote it will show me making an attempt to replicate someone who is passed out but because of how short this clip is you cannot actually see this or hear this.

Following this I did remain in this position for some time before actually reacting whereby I came out of the animation immediately which therefore allowed you guys to then re-open fire onto me therefore not gaining any advantage in relation to this incident and not being able to 'dodge bullets'. I also made sure that the car idled into its position which also replicated this. Following being 'killed' I also did RP with whoever took my body and was screaming etc and dropping out of consiousness...

I understand the message you have put above and again from my prior knowledge I was well aware that emoting to gain an advantage / dodge bullets is exploiting but I still stand by my prior point that this was not my intention here and also I thought that this was allowed if it had a roleplay connected with it. This again is what staff have said in the past and I am not trying to downplay the rule that you have quoted above but done what I thought wa allowed and in line with the server rules. 

At no point whilst injured / downed did I pop back up or start engaging with the gunfight and only until I then became concious and made an attempt to drive away did I then take action. This is what I believed to be consistant with a rule break so therefore this isn't what I did which can be seen in your video.

Again I apologize if this has came across the wrong way and put you lads at a 'disadvantage' per say but again I tried my best to RP the situation accordingly but didn't really get much back from it and thats again why I didn't consider doing /me messages as you guys were pre-occupied and when I initially 'became unconcious' you guys rode / drove away from me for some time which you wouldn't have even seen them in the vicinity.

If I find myself in this type of situation again then I WONT ever do this again as it clearly could lead to confusion / a potential rule break which is not what I intend and following clarification this will help in the future for similar situations. I only intended to use the emote for a RP outcome during the situation and was waiting for someone to come up to me or speak however when your guys initially blasted me and I went 'unconcious' you all rode away after saying words to the effect of 'hes fragged' or 'hes dead' and following this I dont see how I 'gain advantages' in relation to this short snippet?

Lastly, looking at my history of bans I am yet to be banned in relation to rule breaking on this server as I do have a thorough understanding of said rules but again this is something which I have misunderstood / has fallen into a grey area for me personally and if it were to be clarified for me that would be great to prevent the same in the future as I have stated previously.

Hello! 
May I please make two requests here, in terms of the evidence provided:

@TheRealCheese
Is there a longer video available in regards to this, preferably showing the moments leading up to the current video.
A minute or so prior to the incident would be appreciated.

@SGT A BUSY 
Do you have any footage of the situation that could better clear up your POV? 
Any footage at all of that particular moment would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I only have POV after I was killed which is where I was then RPing with the person who took my body... otherwise my medals has not captured anything before this which I am willing to proove to you via sharing my screen via Discord. @Drex

Last edited by a moderator:
As I said before, you went to that much effort to roleplay you 'passed out' by emoting, but how is driving away instantly after 'regaining conciseness' roleplaying? I honestly do not believe that you think using that emote puts you at no advantage. Using the emote you did, you cannot be seen whatsoever and are essentially dodging/hiding from bullets, hence giving you a big advantage in an ACTIVE gunfight.

Is there a longer video available in regards to this, preferably showing the moments leading up to the current video.
A minute or so prior to the incident would be appreciated.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

There is a 3 minute video

I dunno if there is any chance any of your mates have a video of when they lit me up but I literally had the car there whilst I was unconcious / stationary to replicate this for a while...

Again it is of my understanding that if this is done properly it isnt a rule break...for example if I am to play dead and do it properly in RP that it isnt classed as exploiting and this again was what I intended to do whilst I was stationary as this has been done previously by others and no further action has taken place. I now wish that I used another emote which would have made it looked like I was slumped over the wheel etc which would have indicated this better...

I deliberately waited for a time where you guys were present to see me awaken which would allow you to then re-gage / try to engage with me as there was ample opportunity for me to drive away after you guys all left me alone...trust me if I wanted to drive away to not die etc I had ample opportunity to do so.

Again what I have stated and my opinion NEEDs clarification but this is what my current understanding of this rule is but again I wont do this in the furture if it is going to lead to the forums.

(Edit) - I would understand if I was actively driving the car around like this do dodge bullets but as I have stated before the car was stationary the whole time and I only moved it when I came out of this animation.

Thank you both for your inputs.
Let's get on with the report, shall we?

@SGT A BUSY, the fact that your actions required clarification as to what on earth you were doing, and the fact that is wasn't obvious that you were attempting to enhance any role play when laying down in the driver-seat after being shot, during / mid gunfight, is in it self of course not great. Had it been just that, I would've seen and perhaps actioned this report differently...
However, you sit back up as soon as your vehicle appears surrounded by 'enemies', drive forward and begin to shoot - There is nothing indicating "this was done to enhance RP". 

- If you'd want to play the scenario of being "passed out due to injuries", you should have played it out in full, and not ended it when it became an advantage for you to suddenly 'sit up'. 
The way it looks from the POV provided, is that you used an emote to 'dodge bullets', and sat up to begin shooting... Whether or not this is the case, we'll probably never know.

=== === === === === ===
You've been around for 11 months and 9 days today, and have retained a fairly clean record. I hope you have the intentions of continuing so, and aren't starting to slack on the rules!

Luckily in this instance, it didn't alter the outcome of the situation drastically, so I am not going to alter your situation too drastically in return.

I'm giving you a warning under C2.2 - Exploiting. 
Please, be mindful in how and when you use emotes in future. 

Rules:
Community Rules
GTA RP

Thank you for doing your part in keeping the community clean.

Your report has been approved and action has been taken against the reported player.

If you are out of pocket due to this case please now open a compensation request here, Do make sure to mention this report.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back