What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

(Poll) Destroyed Vehicles.

Do you think this rule should be implemented?

• Yes this is a great rule it brings a sense of realism to my virtual fun.

Votes: 12 21.4%
  • No this sucks harder than Katy Price on a girls night out.

Votes: 44 78.6%

• Total voters

Bullitt

So a number of laws & rules have been rather stealthily introduced apparently now if you crash & your vehicle is destroyed it is gone forever.

Now there are a number of reasons your vehicles can get destroyed & not all of them could necessarily be your own fault, so personally I think this rule sucks.

I think know why they are implementing this it is to make your vehicle more valuable & to probably deter the misuse of vehicles I.E Using them as weapons which is admirable!

But this is not real life so what happens when you are flying in your helo & you suddenly lag & crash or you are driving your prized Hemmitt & the server gets hacked or you get rammed of the road.

There are going to be some pretty pissed of players in fact the storm has started.

Let the players decide vote yes if you think it is a good idea vote no if you don't.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with this happening for Cars/Trucks but not for Heli's they are just too expensive to lose.

Imagine your flying along and something kicks you to your desktop all of a sudden say goodbye to 750k plus, for cars this isnt so bad but i thinks it may be over the top for helis but i am finding im being much more careful of where i leave my helis incase someone nicks them.

Voted NO. Senseless and unfair rule.

To put you in the picture:

- 1 x Mohawk costs 1mil. Imagine losing that cause the server crashes/is hacked or cause of desync/internet problems/VDMers/trolls.

- Rebels have to buy EVERY SINGLE thing they own. Popos don't. This puts rebels at a terrible disadvantage in the fight vs the popos. Say there is a gunfight - no shits are given if the popos SUVs are destroyed cause they get the for free anyway. But imagine my Ifrit is blown up by the popos... No RP for a week, because I have to mine some blessed salt to buy another one.

- VDMers/RDMers crashing into my car/heli - Enough said.

- GHOST CARS - '/open sarcasm' When has it ever happened to crash your car into floating vehicles? '/close sarcasm' 

I understand that server has to grow and changes need to made to reach the goal that Wilco and others are aiming for.

It would just be nice to have some info on these changes before during or after, i don`t mean a vote etc as not all things should be voted on ,

but some thing anything a quick update instead a 2nd 3rd or 4th hand message from ppl saying they herd that this or that was beening changed.

With the changes it would be nice to have the reasoning behind it and if all the negative sides to the big changes have been reviewed.

I love this place and the guys i have met here we all love it equally.

But it sometimes gets hard with missing money, lost equipment, helis etc and now these big changes that will directly effect how people will use their hard earned stuff.

I am not saying we need to be wet nursed on every detail .... just an over view summary of up and coming changes with the possibilty to be able to comment on it.

Well thats my 2 cents ..... peace. 

DS5QHo5.gif

i have only been playing the server for a few days and really enjoying it , being robbed , mining  and getting robbed again . I agree that yea maybe it is a good idea to make certain things gone for good if destroyed , however as previous posts have stated it is rather hard to get something like a helicopter and it only takes desync or various other reasons that are beyond the control of the pilot to lose there hard earned item . So maybe over a certain limit it becomes permanent , or maybe even some form of insurance you can take out to cover some of the cost of the item . similar to the bank insurance concept . There i know im a newbie to this server but thats my opinion .  

I think it's fair enough..IFFFFF If it's an absolute impossibility I will never have a vehicle blow up by desync - I.e. a floating car smashes into me and Lock Picks are taken out of the game (I don't want someone stealing my Mohawk and trashing it). Afterall, IRL lockpicking a car / heli / truck etc is a rarity and it is all to common in game.

Realism is great but where do you stop?

Next your Character will be perma dead & you will have to set up a new one with a different name after all this is reality so how can Bullitt or FFG possibly come back from the dead?
Smile_sceptic.gif

If they go about changing things, atleast inform your players! Im playing this game casual in my freetime to RELAX. I don't want all the RL bullshit to be drawn into a game. If this proceeds im a goner.

Next your Character will be perma dead & you will have to set up a new one with a different name after all this is reality so how can Bullitt or FFG possibly come back from the dead?
Smile_sceptic.gif
More like your killed and thats it your banned from the server dead is forever :)

I'm sitting on the fence, as I wouldn't like to lose any vehicles, obviously!

However it might get a bit silly with everyone eventually getting an Orca/Ifrit and peaking out financially, in licences and vehicles.

I'd be ok with a legit crash/explosion, but may claim comp if the desync comes on me.

To be fair in Island Life blown up vehicles were gone forever. This may have been what they were going for,but in "Normal Altis Life Servers" the war between cops and rebels is a battle of attrition. They both have their bank accounts drained as they die and buy new kits and vehicles.

This is not the case as Police do not spend money on anything,but coffee and donuts and if it were suddenly changed they would have amassed wealth from this, perhaps it would even out if they're arguement is simply "we die too much",because they now have more money than they should.

And recently sever #1 was hacked and everyone was kicked out of game making all vehicles in speed and in air crash and blow up...

Massive compensation complaining on forums commence!!!

And recently sever #1 was hacked and everyone was kicked out of game making all vehicles in speed and in air crash and blow up...

Massive compensation complaining on forums commence!!!
looks like i lost to mohawks, hmm?

So 75% of people are against this idea that is a big margin.

Permadeath for vehicles? Really? 

THAT SUCKS ASS! 

So I stack my Orca due to server lag or a nob smashing into me and that's £750K down the pan? No. Just fucking no. This is a game changer for whether I stay on this server or not. (I love it by the way but I'm playing Space Engineers ATM.) - That is seriously harsh.

I have a message for anyone who thinks that permanently destroying your vehicles is a good idea: 

b96.gif

Back