What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here 5 left!

An Open Letter To Wilco

Lexi Swift

Banned
(Taken from my unban request for the rest of the community to view, before it is inevitably wiped)

Original: 

Addendum: 

I've made every attempt to apologise Wilco, I'm not sure what else you want from me mate, maybe you'd want to sit down and talk about this like adults? :)

P.S. I know some people might see this as spamming but unfortunately the other thread was locked so no-one is able to comment. I hope that here, briefly at least, people might express their opinions and concerns.

Wilco. You criticised me for having not apologised sooner or apologising to you or Ciaran, despite having removed my account and thus preventing me from doing so... I assumed you had not want me to reply but I did, however, write a letter that I had assumed had made it's way to you, seeing as that is not the case (...which is weird because a lot of your community members read it...) I have posted it in this addendum:

Hello there Wilco, I am writing plainly to address some of the things that have been brought to my attention since you “Community banning” me from ALUK.
I’d like to take things through chronologically, so hopefully you can follow easier. First of all; your post here: 

States: “Quite simply her view that people with Dyslexia and Dyspraxia have a disability” - Wilco

I notice you give no context to our conversation and have failed to bring up any links. By banning me you effectively cut off any effort that I could have taken to give my side of the story and without context people assume the worst about me. Putting that aside; yes my view is that dyslexia and dyspraxia are both disabilities, I changed my profile in an outrage that although extreme, was justified as you seem to be against defining either dyslexia or dyspraxia. Dyspraxia is defined in the International Classification of Diseases (ICD-10), used by clinicians in the European Union (2015) as: 

“A disorder in which the main feature is a serious impairment in the development of motor coordination that is not solely explicable in terms of general intellectual retardation or of any specific congenital or acquired neurological disorder.”

Dyslexia is a more complicated case that recently is being reviewed and further clarified in the DSM-5 (Cowen & Dakin, 2015) as its place as a learning disorder is tenuous. As I was speaking to you, the point I was actually trying to make is that I have not and will not comment on these things… due to how complicated they are. As specified, even the academic community is somewhat in disarray about the classification of these disorders/disabilities and so engaging in any debate with a sufferer is most certainly not what my intention was.

I appreciate that you may not like the terms disability or disorder being used when being spoken to in which case feel free to let the person know before knee-jerk banning them! I was not using either of the terms as a pejorative or insult toward you as it would be completely against my nature to do so. Those who knew me are, frankly, outraged by the brush you have attempted to tar me with, specifically:

“…her qualification in Psychology is no doubt made up! or she is just nothing short of a immature little bitch who is clueless…” - Wilco

It’s not made up and several people have seen some of my qualifications. Secondly I have never resorted to ad hominems to make my points or attack other individuals and am insulted and embarrassed that an upstanding member of an online community would make this kind of insult. Some more of that ilk in your rage:

“…I haven't got the time for young girls who have just left UNI with no life experience to come on here with there narrow minded views…” - Wilco

“…no doubt she is not going to go very far in life...” - Wilco

“…If you check her forum account you will notice nothing but negativity since she has been here…” - Wilco

My sister has dyslexia and is fully aware that it is a learning disability, in it being so she has received the help and support she needed to fully reach her potential and is grateful for this. If you notice other people’s posts on the same thread (which you locked, preventing any further discussion) Heatproofsean also is aware that dyslexia is aware that his learning disability is just that… a disability. I am sorry that the word offends you so much but if you had asked me to not use it in your presence I would’ve happily accepted your wishes as I have done for many individuals, out of personal preferences or triggers for PTSD and the like. I cannot avoid the use of every single word everyone takes offence to all the time or I would never talk! The mature thing to have done would've accepted I could not have pre-emptively known you were upset at the use of this word and asked me not to use it.

“I personally read all her opinions and ideas for the server the other day and nothing she has suggested would work here unfortunately like most suggestions they didn't look at the bigger picture.” – Wilco

I am so glad you take into account people’s ideas and opinions for the server it would’ve been nice to know what you were referring to since so much of what I have done, personally, is engage in discussion and debate about what would be good and practical to be implemented into the server. 

“I am a friendly person myself, Everyone here thinks of me as a scary admin person and if you say the wrong thing you will get banned... That is far from the truth and you will find that out if you get to speak with me.” - Wilco

I’d like to point out the great irony that is present that is within your profile. You never understood my intent or what I was saying and banned me in under a few minutes having misunderstood my meaning. The original point of contact was to clarify the rules for posting within a report, as I felt I was being singled out for a warning point since I had complied with the rules and Ciaran (who I previously caught breaking server rules) dished one out anyway. 

For those of you who aren't Wilco, you should know I said I’d like to report that and felt that Ciaran had something against me and that my qualifications for ascertaining that was that I am a psychologist. I appreciate it might seem as if I was attempting to laud myself over you in some egotistical manner or attack you but I assure you that it was not my intention to do so. 

I deeply sorry to all of my friends who I have met in this wonderful community have been affected by my actions but am blessed to have individuals who respect my conviction in these matters, especially to those of you who came to offer your condolences and messages of support. I hope that those who knew me will not have their memories subject to the smear campaign Wilco has led on the forums (no Wilco, you can't deny the multiple times you'd needlessly attacked my character). 

I accept that I made a childish edit to my original profile out of frustration with dealing with you; since you refused to engage in any form of discussion (and have done so repeatedly). However, the only thing I did was to post a definition of dyslexia on my profile. That's all. If players aren't allowed to have word definitions in their profiles, I suggest you add that as a rule.

I am hoping you realise the error in your judgement Wilco and try at least to begin to appreciate the nuances in the arguments being presented to you. I am happy and willing to have a discussion with you about these issues at a later date; consider this as an extension of an olive branch to smooth over any past misunderstandings. You know where to find me.

- Lexi, 
Managing Director of AEGIS

References:
Cowen D. & Dakin K. (2015) DSM-5 Proposed Revisions Remove the Term Dyslexia.  Available at: http://www.interdys....tm#.VL1BuTjfnpM

WHO (2015) “Dyspraxia” International Classification of Diseases (ICD-10) Available at: http://apps.who.int/...se/2015/en#/F82

Never forget the ?p=107235:

"I just don't have the time or patience"

That's all the justification there is for a permanent ban, all the explanation against an appeal. This is, franky, an embarrassing state of affairs.

Last edited by a moderator:
You just wont give up will you ?

The admins here work hard and have done for (18 days away) 1 year now.

You get one sometimes two chances here to fit in, to start then attacking an admin with your unwanted views was your own fault, You go on about some letter or apology however it was not received.

You then take to your profile to start insulting Ciaran someone who is in his last year of school that when all his study and homework is complete gives up a lot of his gaming time to code for us

Sorry if you feel my views and way of working is wrong but I just wont have the time to be dealing with stuff like this id rather spend my time on the servers and the people who don't have Toxic outbursts.

No, I won't give up, I don't feel like I've been treated fairly and neither do a lot of people. I want to at least say my piece and get you to explain things, so that way everyone can see what's going/gone on, as well as get a clear picture of how you deal with things.

My letter was sent to several community members, inc. an admin which I presumed would've passed it along to you (either him or Mitch) and that is my fault for not ensuring it found its way to you.

I did not start attacking an admin (why would I do something so stupid?).

How do I have "unwarranted views" (I accept any and all). I have justified my definition of words... I don't feel like that's a crime.

I have not insulted Ciaran (proof please?), I think his work is amazing and fully appreciate the time and effort he takes out of his life to improve a GAME for the enjoyment of many others. He is nothing but commendable in his coding endeavours. 

Frankly I don't feel like my outbursts are toxic... I wrote a fairly well-worded letter, didn't I? Is it not coherent and well-explained? 

You couldn't even accept that someone had a different opinion to you, Lexi. You've been like that since the start of your time in this community. From your first reports on player's in the community, you had to be the one that was correct, everyone else was wrong. To call out on something as meaningless as someone's opinion is an extremely volatile attitude, and one which is not well respected when it attacks someone at a personal level.

You couldn't even accept that someone had a different opinion to you, Lexi. You've been like that since the start of your time in this community. From your first reports on player's in the community, you had to be the one that was correct, everyone else was wrong. To call out on something as meaningless as someone's opinion is an extremely volatile attitude, and one which is not well respected when it attacks someone at a personal level.
I'm happy to accept someone has an other opinion, that's great, wonderful. Our differences are what make us unique. Where do I say I can't accept another persons opinion? I love that you all have other opinions. What's your point? 

I have not said that anyone's opinion is meaningless, that would be disgusting and borderline psychotic. If you knew me, even a little, you would know that is completely contrary to my personality, Starsky.

I've taken personal responsibility for changing my (old) profile, it was a childish and ridiculous move (which you'd know as I wrote this in the letter). If Wilco doesn't want me to say X,Y,Z, that's fine too... just tell me what I need to avoid!

No one sent me any letter, All i got from Mitch was that you like to talk down to people, He was not the first person to say that to me and personally its something i hate and something which is massively wrong from about 90% of people who leave university.

I guess we can assume your letter made some of your friends (2/3 of them) rage here afterwards who instantly got banned for there unpleasant comments.

My friend actually has the same qualifications as you and he is one of the most down to earth people i know, I think you have come to this community with the wrong attitude... people are here to have fun and a drama free time

We will see if @Ciaran posts some or even has any as he raged my deleting your profile when he seen it which is understandable.

I believe your outbursts are Toxic, why would you start going into me apparently having a disability... its something that should of never even come up.

The world is full of differences in opinions.  If it was not would we still not believe the world was flat?  That the sun revolved around us?  To fly of the hilt because someone has a different opinion is wrong and to be banned for it is even worse.  I am failing to see how there was even any attack.

This sounds more of a misunderstanding of events in my opinion.

I'm happy to accept someone has an other opinion, that's great, wonderful. I love that you all have other opinions. What's your point? 
Your general attitude at this current very moment is that you have done nothing wrong whatsoever, you are persistent to the point where this is your third thread you have opened to attempt to prove yourself correct. You are showing yourself to be very naive about who you are and how you react to situations as a person. The biggest example of this at the current moment is the fact that you still push the point of your argument being correct and you haven't seen the general point of what you have done; you have not apologized to Wilco, you have not apologized to Ciaran; Wilco has said this to you, and you are persistent in the fact that you have not offended anyone at all, you are a very close-minded person, and if you were more open-minded you would realize that every individual is different and reacts differently to certain opinions, though you may not have deeply offended one individual with Dyslexia/Dyspraxia, you may have deeply offended somebody else who has it, that is my point.

I don't like talking down to people, I like a level-playing field, I appreciate that people can feel that way, so sorry. I understand if you hate that (frankly I do too) and it is wrong and ridiculous.

Some people were outraged by what happened that they got banned, yes, for that I'm sorry and it is sad but people act irrationally when they're upset.

I did not go in to you having a "disability", as you are quite right, it's something that shouldn't have come up. To quote my own letter:

As I was speaking to you, the point I was actually trying to make is that I have not and will not comment on these things… due to how complicated they are
I did not want these things to come up!

Your general attitude at this current very moment is that you have done nothing wrong whatsoever, you are persistent to the point where this is your third thread you have opened to attempt to prove yourself correct. You are showing yourself to be very naive about who you are and how you react to situations as a person. The biggest example of this at the current moment is the fact that you still push the point of your argument being correct and you haven't seen the general point of what you have done; you have not apologized to Wilco, you have not apologized to Ciaran; Wilco has said this to you, and you are persistent in the fact that you have not offended anyone at all, you are a very close-minded person, and if you were more open-minded you would realize that every individual is different and reacts differently to certain opinions, though you may not have deeply offended one individual with Dyslexia/Dyspraxia, you may have deeply offended somebody else who has it, that is my point.
Wrong. I have done things wrong, I have behaved irrationally to being banned from the TS and having my account deleted, unfortunately no-one has yet brought up the logs of what actually occurred yet! So at this point only myself and Wilco are in a position to comment on what was said.

If you read the letter, you would know I apologise to them both. I have offended them, and I apologise for this (again, you're showing you haven't read the letter, Starsky!). Please read it, you'll find your points are addressed (I know it's a lot to read, sorry!).

And yes, by talking about an issue you might offend people, fortunately that doesn't inflict any lasting wounds. I attempted to write a (longwinded) explanation of my views in order to hopefully diffuse the situation and get back to the point of the matter... which clearly hasn't worked.

All I wanted to do was apologise, yet it's been thrown back in my face on the basis of "you didn't do it sooner" and "you haven't apologised to Ciaran", yet again, my mistake in thinking that they'd seen my letter... which is why I've posted it!

I really do want a drama-free time, that's frankly what I want to be here.

No one sent me any letter, All i got from Mitch was that you like to talk down to people, He was not the first person to say that to me and personally its something i hate and something which is massively wrong from about 90% of people who leave university.
@Wilco why do you feel you must insult 90% of the people who have graduated from universitys?  I can only assume that I must be within the 90% but yet you do not know me.  How can you even honestly say that I talk down to people?

@Wilco why do you feel you must insult 90% of the people who have graduated from universitys?  I can only assume that I must be within the 90% but yet you do not know me.  Who can you even honestly say that I talk down to people?
Do not get me wrong there's the other 10%, The rest of them have no people skills and no life skills or remotely know how to speak to people

I can tell here Lexi will only apologise if she has something to gain otherwise i doubt she would bother and that my friend is something i hate.

I have been a manager for 7 years until last year and the amount of graduates who come out of university with this sort of attitude is endless and now and again you get the odd few who are actually decent people.

To come out and start saying someone as a disability to them is shocking, That's my view point this is my dictatorship if you don't enjoy it then simply leave.... a huge majority of the people here will never cross my path and have a bloody good time.

This is a gaming community, drama and talking down to people is not wanted.

I guess we can assume your letter made some of your friends (2/3 of them) rage here afterwards who instantly got banned for there unpleasant comments.

My friend actually has the same qualifications as you and he is one of the most down to earth people i know, I think you have come to this community with the wrong attitude... people are here to have fun and a drama free time

We will see if @Ciaran posts some or even has any as he raged my deleting your profile when he seen it which is understandable.

I believe your outbursts are Toxic, why would you start going into me apparently having a disability... its something that should of never even come up.
Woah woah woah, lexi knows full well that i wasnt happy with the way she spoke to you, a few others wernt and told her the same from what i heard. Shes been looking for a way to contact you for a good week or two and working out how to approach you. Ive spoke to her telling her the way i see it which is much like you Wilco and she has seen how it can be misinterpreted. Shes wanted to speak in person to you for ages now to work it out.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Im sorry to say this but there was alot of people including some of your team that thought it could have been miss-interpreted both ways from both of you. The other day i asked to try to become and admin again, the two purposes of that was because i havnt seen any of your admin team stand up against you in terms of anything such as bans or more external things such as other communities like me, Cardoso and TBJ used to, and to be honest the way it was before worked in terms of keeping a more balanced mindset or someone to keep you reigned in. The second was to help you because at the end of the day i havnt seen you get that angry over something that could be misinterpreted and to be fair i wouldn't be suprised if something else was going on that we didn't know about. It had nothing to do with power as by the sounds of things most of your other admins excuses were, it was simply to help you because a week or two ago you wernt right(/the same wilco) You know i messaged you multiple times over steam asking if you were ok, because seriously you was not yourself.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She made a mistake, i even told her she was stupid to word it the way she may have done or even come out with alot of it. Shes been sitting here for about two weeks wondering how to approach you in the right way so you actually read it and see her side of things, and no point did her profile insult ciaran, im pretty sure that was someone elses profile completely. 

So yer i did agree with wilco in terms of it was stupid for her to even come out with it, but at the same time can you not see there are two sides, and this was one conversation. 

To come out and start saying someone as a disability to them is shocking, That's my view point this is my dictatorship if you don't enjoy it then simply leave.... a huge majority of the people here will never cross my path and have a bloody good time.
Let me say this to you again: at no point did I say that. You might've misinterpeted my words but I definately did not say that, if I did, I would be horrendously embarrassed; my sister has dyslexia for God's sake! 

Check your logs if you don't believe me.

The reason I want to apologise is for those things I did that were irresponsible and childish; the reason it took so long is that I have no idea how to approach you. 

Woah woah woah, lexi knows full well that i wasnt happy with the way she spoke to you, a few others wernt and told her the same from what i heard. Shes been looking for a way to contact you for a good week or two and working out how to approach you. Ive spoke to her telling her the way i see it which is much like you Wilco and she has seen how it can be misinterpreted. Shes wanted to speak in person to you for ages now to work it out.

Im sorry to say this but there was alot of people including some of your team that thought it could have been miss-interpreted both ways from both of you. The other day i asked to try to become and admin again, the two purposes of that was because i havnt seen any of your admin team stand up against you in terms of anything such as bans or more external things such as other communities like i used to, and the be honest the way it was before worked in terms of keeping a more balanced mindset. The second was to help you because at the end of the day i havnt seen you get that angry over something that could be misinterpreted and to be fair i wouldn't be suprised if something else was going on that we didn't know about. It had nothing to do with power as by the sounds of things most of your other admins excuses were, it was simply to help you because a week or two ago you wernt right(/the same wilco) You know i messaged you multiple times over steam asking if you were ok, because seriously you was not yourself. 

She made a mistake, i even told her she was stupid to word it the way she may have done or even come out with alot of it. Shes been sitting here for about two weeks wondering how to approach you in the right way so you actually read it and see her side of things, and no point did her profile insult ciaran, im pretty sure that was someone elses profile completely. 
I do not think its that hard to drop the fluff and trying to justify things to say Sorry Wilco and Sorry Ciaran, Is it really that hard ?.... Would this get you un-banned maybe but with a outburst like the one received i very much doubt it.

As for you asking to be an Admin again its something which i said i would put to the Admin team and there was a few people who were against it and gave very valid reasons to why it wouldn't be a good idea, It doesnt mean your not welcome to apply like everyone else when the door opens again.

As for the admins do they need to show standing up to me in Public ? I can assure you behind the scenes they do stand up against me... Ciaran turns down my ideas when he thinks they would damage or cause issues to the server/playerbase

Steph challenges my bans and also makes sure i know about things that are going on she is unhappy about, Sovereign regularly comes to me with a list of things that need changing or that are wrong with the rules the rest of them carry on giving a hell of a lot of free time.

Just because Cardoso is not around so much recently do not think for a second people are not questioning my decisions, I even had Reverend challenging some Police changes the other week and wanting to pitch in with resolving them.

I was myself ok but when someone calls me disabled after I worked alongside a big corporation in the UK that helps disabled people it winds me up because i am not disabled and its a fucking big insult towards people who are disabled so yes i was pretty wound up and when i am in that sort of mood i take myself offline as many of the admin team will tell you.

I think i am starting to see the real Mitch, The other week you was on about her talking down to people and how you was fed up about it now she is back your trying to backtrack and soften it up.

I personally only say things to people i wont regret I suggest you start taking the same approach

I have apologised to you Wilco, in both the original post and the addendum... I have then (in this post) done so again... ???

I am sorry, Wilco & Ciaran. I didn't realise I talked down to people, you and Mitch brought it to my attention (and have my gratitude) and I will endeavour never to do so again.

And let me say this again, as it's very important.

Let me say this to you again: at no point did I say that [you had a disability]. You might've misinterpeted my words but I definately did not say that, if I did, I would be horrendously embarrassed; my sister has dyslexia for God's sake! 
Check your logs. Telling someone "they have a disability" would be callous and insensitive in almost any circumstance.

As far as "dropping the fluff" goes, I really feel that writing and articulating myself allows for less room for people to misunderstand my words and thus reduced the likelihood of people causing unnecessary drama.

Yes, she talks down to people, like i admitted and ive said to you and her. Ive had a massive rant at her about it to once again defend your side after she was banned. I think it was stupid what she done and the way she words things from time to time. So no im not trying to soften it up.

Screw this whole thing, i give up trying to help. Once again all i was trying to do was offer you help, and offer another point of view. I was trying to talk to you as a mate and perhaps not as someone to do with this game and community. 

I was my hands with it all,

Enjoy.

Yes, she talks down to people, like i admitted and ive said to you and her. Ive had a massive rant at her about it to once again defend your side after she was banned. I think it was stupid what she done and the way she words things from time to time. So no im not trying to soften it up.

Screw this whole thing, i give up trying to help. Once again all i was trying to do was offer you help, and offer another point of view. I was trying to talk to you as a mate and perhaps not as someone to do with this game and community. 

I was my hands with it all,

Enjoy.
@Mitch I will say thank you,you've tried your best and that is appreciated.

Back