What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here Less than 10 left!

Are these parts good for Arma 3 ?

You might want to get a cooler for your CPU as the 9590 runs quite hot.

Some people will tell you it is a bad processor. @lionel says it a good CPU :p

getgraphimg.php

Let's see the price comparison & number crunching benchmarks ;)  

For arma, Intel is better, if your a heavy multitasking user then personally I think you get better performance from AMD. If you care about price then Intel is shit. 

Any other game I have played I haven't noticed any difference between Intel and amd apart from the price. Arma is the only game I know of that suffers this to a large degree. 

Fyi, I don't plan on posting in this thread again, I can't stand the whole Intel vs AMD argument, if it ends up costing people a bit more. Meh not my issue. Just as long as your happy. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I would change the SSD to at least 240/250GB you would be surprised how fast 120gb will fill up.

Samsung 850 EVO is a very good SSD

I'd also recommend going with Intel for playing arma. As you can see from the chart above, they preform better.

I guess it's a case of, you get what you pay for.

I definitely recommend you an Intel processor and if you can afford, go for a 960 or even 970 (best bang for the bucks). The PSU has way too much power for those specs. Go for a Corsair  PSU 600-650W. The case is actually way to expensive. Search for a cheaper one and if it doesn't have enough vents already, buy some more. Btw, I do appreciate that the total price is in lei not in RON.  ;)  Tell me what was your final decision. Multa bafta cu PC-ul!

No need to go with that CPU for a couple of reasons.

Considering its just a binned 8320 which has been factory overclocked, you can save yourself some monies and get an 8320 / 50 and overclock it

Not to mention I dont see an aftermarket cooler which is essential on that CPU.

By the time you've paid the premium for that overclocked CPU and cooler, you could have gone with an Intel build.

Try not to go for AMD. Especially the 9590. Its a powersucker and is hot as hell. Get a 4690k
I can recommend  the 4690k runs arma really good with 970 at its side i have mine OC to 4.6Ghz and get smooth frames in and out the city , new to this altis life buy i play KOTH too and it runs nice on that game mode too.

Back