Experience the Altis Life
keyboard_arrow_right
ALTIS LIFE 1
ALTIS LIFE 2
ALTIS LIFE 3
TEAMSPEAK

We are currently undergoing maintenance

The forums are available for use, yet please do not expect full functionality.

Wilco

Rules Feedback

Simen
23 minutes ago, MrThompson said:

I agree, i think a look into this rule could bring about some great roleplay, but still remain within reasonable control.

You do know that you qouted something that was written several years ago right?

MrThompson
17 hours ago, Simen said:

You do know that you qouted something that was written several years ago right?

Congratulations you won the secret prize!

(please note i did not realise and i am indeed being sarcastic, there is no prize)

INS Ryker

Ryker's Rule Feedback List

Add:
Roleplay Rules
3.8 - Power Gaming - Reducing the quality of roleplay in favor of more power for you person or group is punishable by a ban.
(Reason: Power gamers often make the game less fun for the rest of the playing group for the reason that their characters usually become far more powerful than all other characters in roleplay.)

The Zones
6.3.3 - Once you have entered the Red Zone you are liable to get shot for the next minute (This is to avoid people flying into red zone to scout and then leave thinking they can not be engaged upon)

6.3.4 - If you are loitering around the redzone with a visible gun on your back or upholstered you are liable to be shot. (Link with Common Sense Rule)

Rebel Rules
7.1.8 - It is not permitted to kidnap any unarmed negotiator
7.2.7 - Other rebel organisations can not interfere with the ongoing situation until transport phase.
7.2.8 - Other Rebels Group may not interfere with the RBA Treasury until it is not longer an active gunfight with Police. 

Whitelsited Roles

9.1.10 - Police are not allowed to abuse the whitelisting of other members, such as stealing equipment they should not have access to.

Clarification:
7.1.6 - Does this mean you need to initiate to use Spike Strips? Does this mean you have to initiate after using spike strips? etc. Just some general clarification needed on this one.

Knocking out someone with a Gun Out, some clarification on this one would be much appreciated

Does Threatening to Knock Out someone constitute as a threat to life/Initiation that allows the other party to start shooting?

Are Police allowed to land at Kavala Hospital at the Landing Pad?

There are many rebels out there who are interested in knowing these very strict rules in regards of the Police use of Mar-10s

Change:
General Rules
2.13 - Formatting Issue (Has a Grey Shade Highlight)

Metagaming Rules
4.1 Side Chat - Using intelligence gained on side chat to influence actions in game. Punishment is a kick/ban. 
I believe that an individual should be able to advertise something to everyone in roleplay, such as A) Hitman Services B) Kidnapping Services C) Airlift Services D) Run Services, etc.

New Life Rule
5.4 When you are revived/downed:
You may not actively enter or continue any combat situation for the next 15 minutes.
Reduce to 5 Minutes
Add “If it was RDM, VDM etc. the rule is not valid”

Wanted/Bounty prices are persistent over deaths to enable long winded police chases and bounty hunter chases and without this we wouldn’t have police and bounty hunters tracking down the person with them being on the run for weeks/days.

No longer accurate or true

The Zones
6.3.2 - Hostages are not to be taken into the Red zones.
Change to: Hostages may be brought into Red Zones, but high quality roleplay will be required to execute the hostage. 

Rebel Roleplay
7.1.7 - Warning shots must be issued with 3 tracer rounds past the front and rear of the aircraft. Enough time should be given to comply before taking action.

Add some kind of clause that states that if it is obvious that you are involved in a gunfight (IE. Hovering over people to give away positions) you are liable to be shot. 

7.2.1 - There needs to be at least 10 Police officers online, please check this before turning up. The vault is coded so it won’t open if there is less than 10 police online so it will be a waste of your time. 
Change the 10 to 15 due to the new update

Whitelisted Roles
9.1.3 - Rubber bullets and tasers must be used unless lethal force is ordered by the highest ranking officer in that situation. 

Once it is an active gunfight and lethal ammunition has been authorized rubber bullets should not be used, the reason for this is that it is in practice a one shot weapon and the majority of people who use them use Mk20s which have a very fast fire rate and low recoil, basically making Close Quarter Combat very weak, especially when you have 4 PCSOs pushing a tower with Rubbers. The Police already have great numbers, it would not be fair if they get 1 shot weapons along side that.

Statements:
1) Unarmed means that the individual does not have any weapon on his person, this includes tasers.

D Y L A N
3 hours ago, Ryker said:

6.3.3 - Once you have entered the Red Zone you are liable to get shot for the next minute (This is to avoid people flying into red zone to scout and then leave thinking they can not be engaged upon)

6.3.4 - If you are loitering around the redzone with a visible gun on your back or upholstered you are liable to be shot. (Link with Common Sense Rule)

3 hours ago, Ryker said:

7.1.7 - Warning shots must be issued with 3 tracer rounds past the front and rear of the aircraft. Enough time should be given to comply before taking action.

Add some kind of clause that states that if it is obvious that you are involved in a gunfight (IE. Hovering over people to give away positions) you are liable to be shot. 

3 hours ago, Ryker said:

5.4 When you are revived/downed:
You may not actively enter or continue any combat situation for the next 15 minutes.
Reduce to 5 Minutes
Add “If it was RDM, VDM etc. the rule is not valid”

phatttttttttyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy +1

Simen

I'd like to have the taxi rule slightly modified.

Allow rebellious roleplay when performing as a taxi driver.

However this can only be done as long as the roleplay is high and both parties enjoy it, if the other party does not enjoy it then you have to either stop and let him/her out or drive him/her to his/her final destination. (Both parties= driver and customer)

I can see why this wouldn't be changed as some people can/will abuse this, but I can see more fun & positive incidents brought up than negative ones.

Simen

(1.9) Providing a false age when applying to join a whitelisted faction in order to circumvent the age limits is punishable by a ban.

Can people not get banned for this? All they want to do is have fun in a whitelisted faction and hasn't harmed anything or anyone.

I'm not saying remove the rule, I'm just saying blacklist the people permantly or add a warning to their battlemetrics profile (or whatever it's called)

it just seems unnecessarily strict for something that is most likely harmless.

(if it ain't harmless then they would be banned for something else)

Samatlewis

@Simen I understand your point, however this isn’t a rule that is designed to only be enforced by the factions. This is a server rule and therefore is enforceable by server rules. It’s not solely up to the factions to impose sanctions upon those that falsify their age. It’s us, the staff team.

As stated and as you probably already know, this is for the protection of the RPUK community, the individual, the factions members and the administration. 

Haywire
50 minutes ago, Simen said:

(1.9) Providing a false age when applying to join a whitelisted faction in order to circumvent the age limits is punishable by a ban.

Can people not get banned for this? All they want to do is have fun in a whitelisted faction and hasn't harmed anything or anyone.

I'm not saying remove the rule, I'm just saying blacklist the people permantly or add a warning to their battlemetrics profile (or whatever it's called)

it just seems unnecessarily strict for something that is most likely harmless.

(if it ain't harmless then they would be banned for something else)

I suppose it could make the community look bad if young people get involved in the more 'mature' discussions that can take place in the whitelisted faction rooms. But, then again, they'll be subjected to that kind of thing by just playing the server normally. I reluctantly agree with you that instead of a ban, the offender should receive a permanent warning which can be used against them in future reports/unban appeals.  

Simen
Posted (edited)

@Samatlewis

Again I'm not asking for the rule to be removed, I'm just asking for the punishment to be lighter. Instead of a ban they could receive a permanent warning that just like any warning would not help them if they broke a different rule or tried to appeal a ban.

I just don't see it necessary to have people banned all the time for the most harmless things.

(And again yea, joining a faction while underage is harmless, as the damage they could potentialy do would then get them banned for a different rule, just like any of us above 16)

Edited by Simen
Edit: removed my first "paragraph" as I misread some of Samat's reply

Ziffy

I was recently involved in a situation where, one of my friends were rubbered, put in a cop car and taken straight to the blue zone all the way from the area around Kore fuel. Myself (in a helicopter) and my other friend Scaj (in a quilin) were clearly following this police vehicle for about 3-4 minutes without being able to get an "initiation" off. Baring in mind this whole time Scaj was beeping the police car which clearly showed he wanted something and I landed at the blue zone (Kavala) entrance which showed I clearly didn't want them to enter it. They then found another way into the blue zone. 

In my opinion, this is completely unfair and it's basically cops ignoring potential roleplay and possibly trying to retreat from a possible gunfight. Upon speaking to a staff member from the cops, Reminissions, I was told that these cops had not done anything wrong because the rule states "(6.2.5)Retreating to a blue zone while being engaged in a gunfight is not allowed."

Now, okay, they weren't involved in a gunfight which is fair enough I suppose. However, from this experience I have realised that I believe there is a hole in the rules such that we were clearly following him to get our guy back and so I think the rule should be edited such that if it's a blatant situation such as this one, cops should not be allowed to enter blue zones.

Ronald Strauss

🤨

Let's be honest here, If those Officers would have parked their vehicle on the side of the road, would they have received any decent "Roleplay" from your group? It would have probably be something like this;  Rebel is asking if their friend could be released (with their firearms in their hands), then the Officers are going to say that your friend is arrested for the crimes he committed, and that they will not be releasing your friend. Which results in the Rebels initiating on the Police Officers, which mean another Firefight has started.

When your friend has been arrested by Law Enforcement then it's your responsibility to try and stop that Police vehicle from reaching the nearest Police Station. Otherwise it's going to be a never ending story for Law Enforcement. Besides that I've recently also noticed that more and more Rebels are being extremely cocky around Police Officers, such as walking around with their firearms, when they are fully aware that Law Enforcement is nearby... "Because their friends are nearby anyway, so if Law Enforcement is initiating then I can just say that I've got friends in the area." Which is also 'Ignoring potential roleplay' Which also means 'Potential Roleplay' is being ruined?

-1   I'm completely disagreeing with your feedback, because Law Enforcement isn't going to receive any 'Decent Roleplay', they're just going to be initiated on. And even if your friend has been arrested and is being transported to the H.M. Prison you still have so many opportunities to get him back. Sure, it would mean that he has lost his firearm and equipment, however the Economy is broken anyway, the majority of the players have a couple of million in their bank accounts if not more.

1.  Ambush during the transport-phase to H.M. Prison.
              2.  Waiting for Law Enforcement to arrive at the H.M. Prison.
              3.  Breaking your friend out of the H.M. Prison. 

From a 'Realistic Perspective' this rule doesn't make sense anyway, because realistically Law Enforcement is always going to retreat to a safe place which would be the Police Station. However from a 'Roleplay' Game Perspective I do fully agree with the current 'Bluezone Rule' because it's more fair for Rebels/Citizens. But if the Officers haven't been fired upon for 5 minutes they should be allowed to safely return to the nearest Police Station, so they have a chance to role-play with their suspect, without being harassed.

👮‍♂️
Road Traffic Officer, Chief Inspector Ronald Strauss

508b92a6be3dd0606f3259d3345cf551.png&key

Danish

Isn't rule 12.1 a bit unnecessary? I am pretty sure it is a rule for all members of the server to have a microphone.

PC TBigSoul

For far too long now ,As a medic , either me and/or my patients have been staring down the barrel of a gun.This usually happens because a member of a gang has been killed,they are usually transported until they find a medic and either force the medic to help their friend up or else.

for ex.

I was responding to a car accident off road, when i was passing Kore bend a vehicle with an injured person swerved past me.I ignored this vehicle as i was going 250 kp/h responding to the previously mentioned incident.I stopped by the downed people and started my roleplay, a few seconds the same vehicle pulls up and starts screaming "medic,medic!" , I don't mind them as I am still helping the other person up.Next thing i know a gun is pointed at my patients head basically forcing me to give blood to his friend and revive him.No harm was done to me but 'not the point,I know this isn't breaking a rule but i feel this is just wrong.They are taking advantage of the fact that I have to comply in order to help his/her friend up.I feel their should be some form of rule that restricts/stops this kind of behavior.

Its demotivating to be forced at gunpoint and not role play in a situation because someone is threatening to kill your patient as the I joined NHS to escape these kind of encounters.

People will argue that I can just place a DNR/run away but whats the point of being a medic then?

I hope you can review this and understand the frustration of this situation.

Paramedic TBigSoul.

Sorry for reposting this,accidentally placed in wrong sub section.

Just to clarify I have no problems with rebels clearing me from an area,just with the above mentioned problem

Rappy

Potentially confusing wording and definition for some, needs to be more specific on rule 7.1.4

Original rule:

(7.1.4) Using the in game phone to warn police You are unable to use the ingame phone to warn the police for example "“Any cops seen within ‘x’km will be shot on site”

Edited rule:

(7.1.4) You are not allowed to use the in-game phone to warn or initiate on police for whatever reason. For example, you may not warn the police "“Any cops seen within ‘x’km will be shot on site” etc.