Experience the Altis Life
keyboard_arrow_right
ALTIS LIFE 1
ALTIS LIFE 2
DAYZ UK
TEAMSPEAK

We are currently undergoing maintenance

The forums are available for use, yet please do not expect full functionality.

Wilco

Rules Feedback

imaK

(5.3)

The 1000m NLR area works currently for its intended purpose, but I feel it is too restrictive.

I think it could be improved by allowing players to enter areas where they died; for a legitimate purpose, such as:

Passing though

Picking up friends / being picked up by friends

Buying from stores

Retrieving vehicles from garage

Although, with the removal of the 1000m radius there must be another measure in place to stop low quality roleplay (such as seeing a player you just killed).

I suggest the following:

The player must enter the area for the shortest possible time, and complete their objective straight away

The player must not engage in roleplay with anyone in the area.

If possible the player must remain in a vehicle (this reduces the chance of someone starting roleplay, and allows for a quick exit).

Ideally, these rules would be added into section 5.3 of the New Life Rule, with the removal of the following:

"Your character cannot return within 1000m of the location of death or be involved in the same combat situation until the 15 minute NLR timer has expired."

I believe this adjustment to the rules will allow players more freedom, allowing friends to meet up and trade to continue.

These extra freedoms will mean more roleplay opportunities are likely because:

Players could now pass through main towns - the best trade routes.

Players can meet up with their friends faster, and get out there into the world, not being limited from passing through certain areas.

K I E R A N
32 minutes ago, imaK said:

(5.3)

The 1000m NLR area works currently for its intended purpose, but I feel it is too restrictive.

I think it could be improved by allowing players to enter areas where they died; for a legitimate purpose, such as:

Passing though

Buying from stores

Although, with the removal of the 1000m radius there must be another measure in place to stop low quality roleplay (such as seeing a player you just killed).

I suggest the following:

The player must enter the area for the shortest possible time, and complete their objective straight away

If possible the player must remain in a vehicle (this reduces the chance of someone starting roleplay, and allows for a quick exit).

Ideally, these rules would be added into section 5.3 of the New Life Rule, with the removal of the following:

"Your character cannot return within 1000m of the location of death or be involved in the same combat situation until the 15 minute NLR timer has expired."

I believe this adjustment to the rules will allow players more freedom, allowing friends to meet up and trade to continue.

Players can meet up with their friends faster, and get out there into the world, not being limited from passing through certain areas.

You say it will make more roleplay opportunities yet you contradict yourself when you say “the player must not engage in roleplay with anyone in the area”

in my own opinion this rule should stay as it is, it’s not that hard to drive around or fly around 

can’t you complete your objective in another major city ?

imaK
3 minutes ago, K I E R A N said:

You say it will make more roleplay opportunities yet you contradict yourself when you say “the player must not engage in roleplay with anyone in the area

in my own opinion this rule should stay as it is, it’s not that hard to drive around or fly around 

can’t you complete your objective in another major city ?

"In the area", meaning that they shouldn't roleplay in the area that they died. This doesn't apply to other areas.

Sometimes you die on accident at traders, such as advanced weapons, where there is no alternative. Additionally, sometimes its much much easier to pass through an area than go around.

Edited by imaK

K I E R A N
3 minutes ago, imaK said:

"In the area", meaning that they shouldn't roleplay in the area that they died. This doesn't apply to other areas.

Sometimes you die on accident at traders, such as advanced weapons, where there is no alternative. Additionally, sometimes its much much easier to pass through an area than go around.

Go to rebel or wait out your 15 mins it’s not exactly a lifetime 

• Like 1

Jefke V
17 hours ago, K I E R A N said:

(6.1.5) You must not park or leave your vehicle inside of a green zone in order to sell illegal items such as drugs or guns.

i feel the above rule should also cover people selling legal stuff outside a zone but parking the vehicle inside of one 

Possibly add "or legal items where the selling point is outside of the green zone"

this is already covered in this rule (6.1.6) You must not exploit the green zone to avoid ongoing hostile roleplay. Retreating into a green zone is forbidden.

• Like 1

Simon Ross
14 minutes ago, Jefke V said:
17 hours ago, K I E R A N said:

this is already covered in this rule (6.1.6) You must not exploit the green zone to avoid ongoing hostile roleplay. Retreating into a green zone is forbidden.

I believe what is meant is that when selling people park there when there is no ongoing hostle roleplay, so when they are robbed they can only lose what they have on them and not what is in the rest of the truck as it is untouchable in a Gz. However the seller and processor are now both far away from greenzones so this isn't really a huge problem anymore

• Like 1

Jefke V
1 hour ago, Simon Ross said:

I believe what is meant is that when selling people park there when there is no ongoing hostle roleplay, so when they are robbed they can only lose what they have on them and not what is in the rest of the truck as it is untouchable in a Gz. However the seller and processor are now both far away from greenzones so this isn't really a huge problem anymore

the rule cover that if you sell your items or proces it, you are exploiting the gz to avoid hostile roleplay. 

Simon Ross
4 hours ago, Jefke V said:

the rule cover that if you sell your items or proces it, you are exploiting the gz to avoid hostile roleplay. 

It would if it didn’t say ongoing. Without it saying ongoing then yes it would be to avoid hostilely roleplay however with nothing going on it cannot be deemed ongoing 

imaK

Perhaps make 6.1.6 more or less explicit.

It could simply be "You must not exploit the green zone"

or it could be changed to "You must not exploit the green zone to avoid ongoing hostile roleplay. Retreating into a green zone is forbidden. This includes parking your vehicle in the green zone while you process, sell or extract."

ThomasW
On 11/01/2019 at 00:34, imaK said:

(5.3)

Passing though

Buying from stores

I suggest the following:

In best practice, this might work, however in let's say there is an active situation such as a shootout, and you're picking up or dropping off your friend to aid that situation, you are rejoining that situation.

The rule is fine the way it is