What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

How I got here. - Ponty

Ponty

nah nothing mate
My name is Matthew. Currently I am 18 years old and come from South East England. I didn’t have a bad childhood; I was brought up to treat others with respect and gratitude and to ensure I did my best to help whoever I could. However throughout Secondary School I became perplexed. My style of living was completely different to others. I was ridiculed for my behaviour as it did not fit in with the social “norms”, it did not help that my small size and build allowed me to be a target for these insults. This caused me to be set aside from social groups and I was nicknamed “Ponty”. According to my class “mates” this meant somebody who was a weakling, a “pufter” to put it bluntly. After finishing school… eventually, I finished with good grades, nothing below a C and even an A* was thrown in the mix. By now I had grown a lot at 6”2 and I had a small gathering of people around me that I was glad to call my friends.

We had just finished school, Universities were applied to, jobs were taken and life was good but in our down time we were looking for things to do, because of my upbringing, I tended to not get involved with drugs as I thought it was wrong. Instead I would be involved with discovering new areas around the county I lived in, we would travel to fields, rivers, lakes. Occasionally have a barbecue if the weather was nice. However after a period of time this became quite boring after many exciting escapades. To revamp our lives and make it more exciting, decided to go on a tour of Europe with our gap year before University. We had visited Paris, Berlin, Madrid. We went everywhere! Our trip was extremely enjoyable and after spending roughly a year out in Europe our trip was ending, our final destination before leaving was Athens, Greece. I had always been intrigued by their culture and , regardless of its current economic state. But when visiting a market stall by the docks a gentleman approached our group offering us an adventure of a lifetime! He told us for the small price of €100 we could visit a small island between Greece and Turkey, in the Aegean Sea. Intrigued by this offer, we agreed and within the hour we were on a boat travelling to this mystery island. After roughly 3 days travel we landed on the shores of the island, but before we knew it we were kicked off the boat and all I heard was “Ha, got you, you stupid fuckers!” Dazed and confused we began wandering around the coastal city we were abandoned on, it didn’t take long for us to find other life. After only 5 minutes of walking we bumped into a lovely gentleman who offered us some shelter for the night, he explained to us that evening that we had been thrown onto the island of Altis! After more information of the island, its history, culture and current political state, we discovered the island was governed by the United Kingdom as an overseas territory. Glad to have finally found out our way off the island we contacted the nearest government building to ask for a way home, explaining our story the lady at the desk arranged a flight home for us the next day.

This however is when this story takes a twist. Whilst in transit to the Airport we were jumped by a small group of men armed with pistols claiming to be some sort of rebel gang, they were screaming at us for our money and any “gear” we had on us. Some of my friends thought it would be a good idea to fight back against this “gang”. They were shot down within seconds of saying a word; I was still on the floor at this point, in shock at what I had just witnessed. Before I had a chance to gather any thought about the situation, I was knocked out. I had no idea how much time had passed but it certainly felt like a decade. What made me wake up was a light coming towards me; growing larger and larger I thought this was the end. Until I heard the voices of some men shouting, bickering. I vaguely heard “Gricey get the fucking first aid kit!” which was then succeeded with a response of “Ok ok Rickey! I’ll call 33 whilst I’m at it, I’ll let him tell the others of the new arrival.” I then blacked out again until waking up the next day, with a massive headache and a lot of bruising, I was introduced to the men that saved me, they claimed to be called The Company, a rebel gang on the island focused on operating around a business structure, ensuring me shit would get done, properly and systematically. They helped me get started on the island; they informed me how to make money, where to buy cars and how to defend myself. It took a while to be fully inducted into their gang after being an apprentice; I became a member of staff, known as ‘Ponty’, I wasn’t sure why I chose this name, it is sort of like a batman name, using the name that haunted me to then haunt others or it is because I had no imagination and needed a name quick before I had a bullet in my skull. I saw this gang as an opportunity to re-invent myself, change the way I acted, because according to the media, Matthew was dead. ‘Murdered in an armed robbery whilst heading home with friends’. I became everything I went against as a child; I had become a criminal, an enemy to society. But I liked it. We went on drug runs, robberies and even the occasional heist. I began to amount a hefty fortune, spending my money on flashy cars, guns and clothes. This however all became a boring lifestyle choice, I looked to spice up my life but didn’t know how.

This was until I was severely injured during a high speed chase from another rebel gang. This was when I was saved by a NHS medic by the name of “Reborn”, he told me that he wouldn’t turn me into the police for a firearm if I joined the NHS and started helping others. Reluctant at first I then decided to join, “Becoming a Student may have been the thing I needed” This was a constant thought during my first week as a member of the NHS. Before long I had become a fully-fledged NHS medic and a member of the Air Rescue branch, slowly and surely my old self started to come back and show through my skin. I began to enjoy helping others, no matter what injuries they had, from the slightest cut to them losing body parts! I enjoyed this and made a lot more friends. I slowly began to be respected amongst the team and found myself being put into the position of a Medical Training Officer. Allowing me to help new students enter the NHS without fear of messing up as to them I was a mentor, a teacher even a friend. This spurred me on to decide the final way to help others would be to join the Altis Police Force. After a tough decision of leaving my gang for the Police, I said my goodbyes. I thanked them for helping me rebuild my life here and I would still be around, as long as we did legal things of course! Once I joined the Police I was put straight into my first patrol as a Community Support Officer, the things I witnessed made me realise this was the right path and made me determined to reach the rank of Police Constable, allowing me to have more authority and lock more people up in prison. Within a week of joining I managed this, joining the Athira Constabulary. Here I made more friends of which I patrol with frequently, even if every so often we have one of us taken hostage and have to negotiate our lives for the exchange of Berets! I’m still perplexed as to why rebels love them so much… maybe they are laced with something? Who knows, but this brings me to now, I have seen it all, I began as a criminal, doing drug runs, robbing others. But soon moved back to my old ways, of helping people being a member of the NHS helped me re-discover the old me, spurring me on to join the Police. I just wonder what the future holds.

-PC Ponty, PAR. Ponty [MTO], Ponty

Wordcount of story: 1,453

Sidenote: This is my first story; it is the roleplay background of how I joined the island mixed in with events of my current adventures. Thank you to everyone who has helped me settle in and I look forward to the future. Also excuse bad, punctuation, grammar and the overuse of short sentences. I hope you enjoyed it!

Special thanks to –

The Company – @Rickey, @Gricey and all the rest of you guys for helping me start on the island.

The NHS – @CMO Mickeey for passing my interview, @Reborn for teaching me how to be a NHS medic.

The Police – @SGT Kazza, @SGT Darky and the other Academy guys who did my FTC, FTT and PA along with all the guys I have patrolled with! You have made these 2 weeks as a Police Officer very enjoyable for me!

@GP 33 – For getting me to buy Arma 3 and to play on this server.

@Wilco and the team – for consistently running a great community, listening to community feedback and monitoring those who wish to ruin it and punishing them accordingly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very well written, you can really see the effort you put into this. Playing with you has been awesome ponty, and i hope to continue!

Thank you all for the nice comments! I spent roughly a hour on this whilst I should have been writing about various programs for IT! Was a pleasure to write and see people like it!

Can't say how glad I feel to call you a friend mate <3. No matter what happens, you will be there. You are a great NHS Medic, a great PC (debatable :p) and an all round amazing person.

Credit to this guy

Can't say how glad I feel to call you a friend mate <3. No matter what happens, you will be there. You are a great NHS Medic, a great PC (debatable :p) and an all round amazing person.

Credit to this guy
Thankyou man :') you have helped me begin my time here and I'm glad to be in the position I'm in within the gang.

well done ponty you deserve all your praise! i remember when you joined as a hobo and you had nothing  ;D And look where you are now!

Thanks mate, you're a good mate. Dont want to see you go anytime soon:)

Well mate what can I say knowing you for all my life and its nice to meet new people with a true bro. We have had some extremely hard times together but will be there for each other, together forever. Thanks for being my brother pal!

pretending-to-read.jpg

I wrote this 7 months ago, Jesus a lot has changed.. PC Ponty -> INS Ponty

Hello, and welcome to the community! Make sure you read the rules here as I wouldn't want you to get banned!

There are guides on the forums for new hobo's like yourself, with a bit of work I am sure you will be able to find them!

Back