What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here Less than 10 left!

Recorded file lagging..

Booker Dewitt

Community Veteran
So after google failed me on getting a nice answer, I hoped anyone here may help me.

So I try to record my gameplay, I record it in 60 FPS, and it says the file is recording in 60FPS.. But when I have a look after the recording of the video, it seems like I have been recording with 20fps, in other words, its lagging very bad compared to the 60 fps I recorded it with, any idea what it might be?

harddrive full?

whats your "max bitrate"?  -  if its too low it starts to lag on the playback
256GB free of my 1TB hdd, so not full.

Max speed: SATA 3.0 600 MB/s
NCQ 7200 RPM 4KALIGNED

Last edited by a moderator:
have you tried capturing at a lower bitrate ?

so what are you using to record?

are you compressing and encoding on the fly or raw ?

you using fraps/shadowplay/obs/etc ....

so what are you using to record?

are you compressing and encoding on the fly or raw ?

you using fraps/shadowplay/obs/etc ....
As stated I have tried both Fraps, shadowplay, obs and dxtory.

Ive tried raw and encoded, all softwares and raw and encoded is lagging..

what are you recording to a secondary drive/ external drive / primary drive or ....?

At this point im thinking its just throughput rate for the recording, especially as it is happening with all software.

When recording check out your process monitor and see if anything is maxing out.

what are you recording to a secondary drive/ external drive / primary drive or ....?

At this point im thinking its just throughput rate for the recording, especially as it is happening with all software.

When recording check out your process monitor and see if anything is maxing out.
Secondary drive

Anything maxing out  whilst recording ?
Not really, just that the disktransferspeed goes up, but I do have arma on the same harddrive. (This issue goes for all of my harddrives no matter which one i put the video on)

Would you be happy with a remote session to have a look at your configuration ?

@Banana Duck

CPU ► Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4670 3,4GHZ

Motherboard ► ASUS Z87-C LGA1150 Socket ATX

RAM ► Crucial Ballistix 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory

Video Card ► Gainward Geforce GTX 660TI 2GB Physx Cuda

Storage ► 
1x Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB 2.5" OEM SATA3.0, 7mm, 450MB/450MB/s read/write, SandForce®
1x Seagate Barracuda® 1TB SATA 6Gb/s (SATA 3.0), 64MB Cache, 7200RPM, 3.5"

Last edited by a moderator:
Back