What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here Less than 10 left!

Useful Information 03/07/16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo

Banned
SrJ4a5d.png

Hello to all!

This isn’t a newsletter yet, that’ll be released in the coming weeks, but rather a touch with the ongoing issues here at roleplay.co.uk.

Losing Connection –

Over the past few days, you’ve all most likely noticed a lot of people "losing connection” and eventually being kicked for “not responding”.

Whilst these hiccups happen, we are in contact with our data-centre ensuring our up-time remains high.

We are also aware that you may be losing out as a result of these attacks, so we ask you get as much evidence of what you have when losing connection as you can use this in a compensation request. You can still open inventories when you have not responding timers on your screen!

Please note, we’ll not be compensating for server restarts as these are still on schedule.

Server 2 & 3 availability –

There’s been a recent surge in complaints about server 2 or 3 being taken offline when people are playing. I’ll ask people to check this announcement for details!

Keep an eye on where you’re playing! We do try to warn when we can, but doing so takes a lot of un-necessary time.

Signature Check Kicks –

We’re aware of a lot of kicks lately for “signature checks”. The majority of these are actually being caused by;

1. A recent update to Arma (SITREP always says validate game cache).
  2. Switching between tanoa-build and main branch.
  3. Re-joining server after a large amount of people disconnecting due to DDOS
The first step should be to validate your game integrity. You can see more information in this thread:

If you think it’s option 3; leave server, wait about 5 minutes and rejoin!

Complaints –

We’re totally aware of the servers up and down time, in-fact, we have an internal team of people constantly messaging us about every down time.

We don’t need comments, moans, complaints put on the forums so please dont post about it, its not needed.

New life rule will not apply to connection loss. Go find your vehicle, its where you’ve left it, and carry on!
In-game police will only be impounding vehicles left after a large amount of disconnects, so check your garage and keys before assuming the worst!

Help, I’ve been banned! –

Going to cover a few quick facts before you jump all over people!

• Do not contact management about your ban
  • Don’t post a status about your ban
  • Don’t make a tragic leaving post about your ban
  • Don’t send hate to Wilco about your ban
Your first point of call should be the dispute a ban form, you can find this here

No matter what you’re banned for if you believe you were wrongly banned (and even better, have evidence) please make an appeal. Contacting any staff or management will just get you declined or waiting extra time before you can play again.

If you’ve been banned before YOU CAN STILL APPEAL!

If you feel guilty about your actions, give it a day or 2 before making a leaving post.
So many people put in a long message with their life story and shout-outs to their best friends…. Then 2 days’ later appeal, get un-banned and then get the usual “I thought you left?” save yourself the trouble, save our teams time from monitoring for drama, take a deep breath and take your time.

And to the last point there. 99.236% of the time… Wilco hasn’t banned you. You want to point a finger, look in the mirror. None the less, the person you should make your rant about is the person that banned you. If I banned you, calling Wilco the “dear leader” is dumb…. Pointless… and silly… seriously, you are shouting at someone who doesn’t even know who you are making yourself look more stupid in the process…

Chain of contact –

• Have an issue with a support member? Contact a support Lead. @Ram, @or @Samuel Thompson
  • Have an issue with a support lead? Contact @Neo or @Vladic Ka in a PM and I'll pass it onto management.
  • Have an issue with a member of staff? Contact @Neoor @Vladic Kain a PM and I'll pass it onto management.
  • Issues with a member of management can be told to @Vladic Ka, @Neoor @Mr Cardoso
I hope this helps any issues you're having! if not, feel free to post on the forums and be sure to tag me with @Neoand I'll help if I can!

Have fun, play safe and follow the Rules!

Neo!

Last edited by a moderator:
It is really nice to see this but I got a problem In Game recebtly (2 days) I have been getting kicked out of the name for no reason "You are Kicked of the game." No reason what ever and that made me loss 2 days of worth police patrol time. Can I get help I have not found any solution.

(This is for Neo if he reads Yes I have verfies my files but I think it is from the DDOS. Well there is 1 more thing that was really weird When the servers were getting DDOSed and every one would lose connections me and @PapaSmurphy would chat like normal in the agois lounge.(Please help me I am so bored so I wrote this story.))

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the information. My question is: Is there something that i can do to fix this "connetcing failed"? Or i just have to wait till its gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back