What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here 5 left!

Weightlifters, Powerlifters & Strongmen.

n00ms

Banned
I have been training for the last 20 years or more :) (Yes I am old).

In the last 2 years I have been training in Strongman, had a few competitions and really enjoyed it, it is nice to lift heavy things and eat what you want. I am always eating as any of my mates will tell you.

Anyone else into the strength sports side? If so what sort of weight are you pushing and what goals do you have, any tips you can give to anyone etc.

I have been working hard on the 3 basic compounds..

Benchpress is currently 180kg I want 200kg
Squat is currently 220kg I want 260kg
Deadlift is currently 280kg I want 300kg

I weigh 115kg

Do you lift?

I bet @dzuldoes.
well,i do have some home made thingies,a benchpress and bags of cement ;__;,i don't pay for anything tho and have no bloody idea how much theese weigh(exxcept cement ofc),definetly on the heavy side but most likely less than you mentioned.

I do recommend taking a 100 kg cast iron heater up and down on to 2nd floor height ;__;

Also taking up a grand total of 1.5t of sand onto 2nd floor is fun aswell cause fuck machinery,it costs

Last edited by a moderator:
Also taking up a grand total of 1.5t of sand onto 2nd floor is fun aswell cause fuck machinery,it costs
Oh yes can't beat good old manual labour, same happened when I was laying some resin flooring at a Uni, they dropped bags off and realised no way to get it up the next 2 floors. So had to take it bag by bag, 50kg bags at a time urgh!

I have been training for the last 20 years or more :) (Yes I am old).

In the last 2 years I have been training in Strongman, had a few competitions and really enjoyed it, it is nice to lift heavy things and eat what you want. I am always eating as any of my mates will tell you.

Anyone else into the strength sports side? If so what sort of weight are you pushing and what goals do you have, any tips you can give to anyone etc.

I have been working hard on the 3 basic compounds..

Benchpress is currently 180kg I want 200kg
Squat is currently 220kg I want 260kg
Deadlift is currently 280kg I want 300kg

I weigh 115kg
i do a bit of stronglifts myself although due to a shoulder operation 18 months ago im still working my way back up and have to have a break from heavy lifting every few months where i do high rep low weights to allow me to recover properly ,

the only thing that hasnt suffered is my squats and managed a pb of 227.5kg  2 weeks back , sadly my bench and deads are lagging way behind and need a lot of work especially my bench as i still dont have full range of motion in my shoulder which makes tucking my elbows in a nightmare lol 

i weigh 89kg at the moment

i do a bit of stronglifts myself although due to a shoulder operation 18 months ago im still working my way back up and have to have a break from heavy lifting every few months where i do high rep low weights to allow me to recover properly ,

the only thing that hasnt suffered is my squats and managed a pb of 227.5kg  2 weeks back , sadly my bench and deads are lagging way behind and need a lot of work especially my bench as i still dont have full range of motion in my shoulder which makes tucking my elbows in a nightmare lol 

i weigh 89kg at the moment
Ah nice one! knew there must be some other lifters here. Nice squat that, especially for your bodyweight! My Squat needs work, but it is my least favourite so gets neglected sometimes. 

Ah nice one! knew there must be some other lifters here. Nice squat that, especially for your bodyweight! My Squat needs work, but it is my least favourite so gets neglected sometimes. 
i know the feeling ,bench is my weakest but have managed 155kg before my op dead i can pull 200kg but hate doing them so tend to avoid them like the plague lol but my weight is at its lowest now as im comming to the end of my summer cut so come the end of august ill start upping my calories and thats when the strength training starts properly as i hate lifting heavy in a caloric deficit as it makes me feel like shit lol

Do you not have some diet plan? I am starting to look into a diet for building leaner muscle and eating a lot healthier in general for example weighing out all my fruit and veg such as raw broccoli for snacks and having a certain amount of cooked chicken with dinner etc?

Do you not have some diet plan? I am starting to look into a diet for building leaner muscle and eating a lot healthier in general for example weighing out all my fruit and veg such as raw broccoli for snacks and having a certain amount of cooked chicken with dinner etc?
i hate dieting its horrid but when im cutting for summer and need to drop below 10% body fat the only thing that works for me is the keto diet, my body absolutely hates carbs and even after a slice of bread makes me puff up lol so 16 weeks of no carbs leading up to summer is a sacrifice i make, however when bulking i keep things within reason but employ an iifym approach and it works great 

I am really lucky with my diet I seem to be able to eat almost anything and get away with it, my body takes what it needs and just gets rid of the rest, I do keep my Protein intake around 100g a day and certain fats down, I need to keep my carbs and some sugars high purely for the levels of energy I need to maintain for the lifts. It gets harder the older I get but I am around the strongest I have ever been right now.

Having done no weightlifting whatsoever I decided to give it a try three months back, got hooked on it and been going solid for just over three months now. 

In such a short period of time I've noticed a considerable difference in my strength. 

Currently my pbs are, 

Bench 60kg

Squat 80kg 

Deadlift 110kg 

I weigh 74kg

I know they are nothing compared to some of you lot but I'm extremely happy with how far I've came in such a short time and look forward to seeing how I progress over the remainder of the year. 

I am really lucky with my diet I seem to be able to eat almost anything and get away with it, my body takes what it needs and just gets rid of the rest, I do keep my Protein intake around 100g a day and certain fats down, I need to keep my carbs and some sugars high purely for the levels of energy I need to maintain for the lifts. It gets harder the older I get but I am around the strongest I have ever been right now.
This guy is a one man chicken genocide. His constant afks usually end up with the sound of munching upon his return.

Having done no weightlifting whatsoever I decided to give it a try three months back, got hooked on it and been going solid for just over three months now. 

In such a short period of time I've noticed a considerable difference in my strength. 

Currently my pbs are, 

Bench 60kg

Squat 80kg 

Deadlift 110kg 

I weigh 74kg

I know they are nothing compared to some of you lot but I'm extremely happy with how far I've came in such a short time and look forward to seeing how I progress over the remainder of the year. 
That is what I think weightlifting should be about, your own personal goals and achievements, sharing your goals and gains is a great thing but it is not a competition, unless you are competing that is lol :) You will progress so well with that attitude, keep the diet nice and clean, protein high and plenty of quality calories. What are you mid and long term goals?

This guy is a one man chicken genocide. His constant afks usually end up with the sound of munching upon his return.
Chickens everywhere dare not mention my name. He who shall not be named.

Well I can't really compete with your PR's but might as well post mine!

Squat 95kg

Deadlift 120kg

Dumbell press: 30kg each hand (Never really got into benching I prefer this to be honest)

Current weight: 68kg(still bulking)

I see lifting more as a hobby to be honest, I go there 6 times a week and exercise with a group of friends of mine(they are all bigger than me). That doesn't mean I don't take it serious though! I rarely eat cheat meals, and I try my best to keep my calories as clean as possible. Reaching my daily protein goal is my #1 priority though :) 

Well I can't really compete with your PR's but might as well post mine!

Squat 95kg

Deadlift 120kg

Dumbell press: 30kg each hand (Never really got into benching I prefer this to be honest)

Current weight: 68kg(still bulking)

I see lifting more as a hobby to be honest, I go there 6 times a week and exercise with a group of friends of mine(they are all bigger than me). That doesn't mean I don't take it serious though! I rarely eat cheat meals, and I try my best to keep my calories as clean as possible. Reaching my daily protein goal is my #1 priority though :) 

Nice one! Hitting the protein target is hard sometimes, especially with work and family commitments, can't always get the right meals in. 

For anyone that hasn't seen Nooms he's bloody massive

lol I try and keep my size and weight down, Ideally I would stay around 105kg and maintain my strength.

I am currently tranning my biceps ,triceps,shoulders and many more bodyparts, what i've also started to do is burning fat and cardio tranning and transform my normal body fat into muscle fat, its a pretty job but i am pretty motivaded and i have a goal and i am tryng to compleet my goal, that to earn a spot in the Royal dutch marines corps

xd50Xcy.jpg

I am currently tranning my biceps ,triceps,shoulders and many more bodyparts, what i've also started to do is burning fat and cardio tranning and transform my normal body fat into muscle fat, its a pretty job but i am pretty motivaded and i have a goal and i am tryng to compleet my goal, that to earn a spot in the Royal dutch marines corps

xd50Xcy.jpg
Good luck with that! 

Back