What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here 5 left!

Tanoa - The Grind to RP and how people avoid it

littlegubball

My long textwall didnt submit due to timeout osmt. Short version

1- Levels are grind fest
2- Gun levels are useless
3- Cops arm their civ friends
4- Cop Armed civs use/sell the gear for easy money.
5- Some cops give huge tickets, they dont know tanoa.
6- You loose EXP from shooting cops but not shooting civs
7- The other islands are useless
8- People are motivated by options, not by being forced to grind/ At the moment its forced grind for money and exp
9- LvL system that prevents hobos from getting guns is just advantage for gangs that are armed by cops
10- Thank god there is no scrapyard
11- Gangs robbing sugar traders 24/7
12- PLF are the only people helping the community, They just gave bunch of offroads in airport to people and all that other stuff we all know about.
13- No NHS means quadbike accidents are just ... meeh ... dead people.
14- Boats are useless
15- Planes ... lol

And other gangs are leaving, you know it, we know it, it was a good run, atleast there is always place in server now.

The last straw was putting lvl60 req for larger bags, ("now you are skilled enough to drive this truck/ AND use this bag !!")

Its childish to make this too hard, ADMINS, PLAY THE MAP PLEASE.

My long textwall didnt submit due to timeout osmt. Short version

1- Levels are grind fest
2- Gun levels are useless
6- You loose EXP from shooting cops but not shooting civs
7- The other islands are useless
8- People are motivated by options, not by being forced to grind/ At the moment its forced grind for money and exp
9- LvL system that prevents hobos from getting guns is just advantage for gangs that are armed by cops
11- Gangs robbing sugar traders 24/7
12- PLF are the only people helping the community, They just gave bunch of offroads in airport to people and all that other stuff we all know about.
13- No NHS means quadbike accidents are just ... meeh ... dead people.
14- Boats are useless
15- Planes ... lol

And other gangs are leaving, you know it, we know it, it was a good run, atleast there is always place in server now.

The last straw was putting lvl60 req for larger bags, ("now you are skilled enough to drive this truck/ AND use this bag !!")

Its childish to make this too hard, ADMINS, PLAY THE MAP PLEASE.
Well said 

Let's not throw around serious accusations like that. Because one rebel RDM'd someone does that mean every rebel does it? Nope. I don't know any cop that has given out gear purposefully, if it has happened that does not mean we all do it.

Cops give huge tickets because people need to learn to not break the law. In altis you can break the speed limit and get away with it absolutely no problem. However it's just not realistic.

With bigger fines and us being stricter it means you will think twice about breaking said laws. 

About cops giving out gear, if you have proof make a pcc, or else don't make them claims if you can't back them up. 

"Its childish to make this too hard" ................

Not sure what that is about.... but have you not read or noticed daily balancing updates ?.. Or would you rather we just screw the economy up from the off, Go play Altis and wait until things have been fine tuned rather than "Admins play the map!"

Let's not throw around serious accusations like that. Because one rebel RDM'd someone does that mean every rebel does it? Nope. I don't know any cop that has given out gear purposefully, if it has happened that does not mean we all do it.

Cops give huge tickets because people need to learn to not break the law. In altis you can break the speed limit and get away with it absolutely no problem. However it's just not realistic.

With bigger fines and us being stricter it means you will think twice about breaking said laws. 

About cops giving out gear, if you have proof make a pcc, or else don't make them claims if you can't back them up. 
Provide some evidence before even suggesting such a thing, Any one in the Police know this would not only lead to being thrown out the Police but a server ban.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only problem that people are having is that it's to hard to make money and to hard to rank up

Have to say these guys are great, they helped me out at the start by refining my diamonds, even gave me a lift to the airport when my vehicle got stuck.

As for the rest of it, it's early days and balance takes time, I think this system is way better than the constant robbing and killing, people actually talk to each other and RP more.

Oh and love this too:

Must say not seen anyone robbed at the Sugar refinery and I myself have only been robbed once so far, and they didn't kill me which was great :D

I really like the idea of a levelling system, however in its current state it is too much of a grind with the money you receive from resources being far too low. I really do think its as simple as that.

I don't understand why there is an arbitrary level system in place at all - I understand the economy being fragile and wanting make it it difficult so we don't have a gun shitfest straight away, great! (but lets remember this is arma and it is essentially RP based around cops and robbers) but I just don't understand a pointless levelling system that restricts you from buying clothes, bags and vehicles. That's what make it grindy and boring not the difficulty obtaining cash.

I think people are just too eager to make that money and get the guns and meanwhile forget that there is actually ALOT stuff to do and RP meanwhile you are getting to your goal. It is supposed to be slow phased if you are alone or with 2 friends. It is supposed to be faster if you are working with alot of frieds like PLF. 

(but lets remember this is arma and it is essentially RP based around cops and robbers)
Yes it is arma, but that does not mean "it is military simulation". This is Tanoa Life mod. We make it what we make it to be. People sometimes tend to forget that there is ALOT more what you can do than just farm, rob and shoot cop's. Gunplay gives just that one flavor in a cake, but is not everything. 

Problem in Altis for me is that people just keep it too much as a get a gun and go shoot or rob someone environment. It is to a point that police can respond to really low % of incidents and sadly relatively often these where we attend escalate to full scale firefights between rebel and police. At least for me that kind of a gameplay did grow old relatively quickly as Im more interested in more "realistic" cop/robber action. I enjoy doing those speed traps, having a just chat with hobos without being afraid that everytime you let your guard down, someone just pull over and rob you from your RBgun.

In Tanoa you can actually respond to police dispatches about someone asking help for getting robbed i.e. You can have that chat with a guy knowing that it is possibility that someone might come to rob you, but unlikely. You can hop to your computer and KNOW that there is something else than just constant gunfights and hostage operations. Hell I shadowed one guy robbing people with some random hobo for nearly 1.5h till we had enough evidence to bust him.

Of course the economy could be better and there are issues and trust me there is going to be even bigger issues soon when we get some of the gangs going real good. But people developing are fixing all these issues with really constant stream of patches. 

Tanoa is not Altis, Please people me begs, don't try to make it as one...

The way the server is right now is its anti hobo. (If that makes sense)

it makes people grind at the start so they put time and effort into the server. Once you hit around level 5-6 and have a hatchback you can make around 1k a run on advantage. Then from there it's only up.

the way it is right now is to stop a hobo joining the server and to go and buy a gun within the first 2-3 hours.

The way the server is right now is its anti hobo. (If that makes sense)

it makes people grind at the start so they put time and effort into the server. Once you hit around level 5-6 and have a hatchback you can make around 1k a run on advantage. Then from there it's only up.

the way it is right now is to stop a hobo joining the server and to go and buy a gun within the first 2-3 hours.
True but the way it is right now will stop hobo's from buying a pistol within the first 15 hours of pure grinding.

I'm lovin' the grind atm. You gotta have the bad to enjoy the good.

Everyone's busy making money, there's a sense of purpose on the island. 

I've been told off for parking over a white line - I love the small details.

It's like Altis used to be, where you'd be pulled over for not having your lights on or for speeding in town.

Altis felt like ground hog day, whilst Tanoa is the day after.

You make some valid points. Tanoa is a work in progress, be pleasant to the developers, try not to call them children when making your point. 

Pro La Fam are truly grateful for all the kind words. Some twisting still needs to be done, but when it is done I am sure we will all love it!

They wanted more RP with the leveling system but they just lose RP with it
since every one is too busy grinding to get anything so they dont have time for the RP side.

They wanted more RP with the leveling system but they just lose RP with it
since every one is too busy grinding to get anything so they dont have time for the RP side.

Being busy grinding is also RP in its own right... it's not what you're used to, I get it.

I'm getting way more (and better) RP than I was on Altis. The trade routes are so busy atm that I'm RPing at every stage (collection, refinement and traders + the ppl who break down/crash on the way).

Once people are financially stable they'll be more of what you perceive as RP - PLF being a great example of this already.

Forcing me on a bus (or bum a lift) from the airport is genius social engineering. I have to talk to all sorts of people I don't like now (Anders) ?

17scxr.jpg

Back