What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Tanoa how do i Fish

You go out in the waters, find where there's a depth of 25m* you can read this on your map, displayed as "-x m" along with the gridref reading.

When you are at a spot where the waters go beyond that, scroll wheel and mousewheelclick (or spacebar) on "Throw fishing net"

Have fun fishing! -Boat lover

*unsure, but less than 40m

@Lemmenis almost right. The depth requirement is 27m or deeper. There are places around where this depth is met, but it is deliberately set so that people can't just rock up in a boat and fish off the quayside - we want you to explore!

Fishing is simple. Come to a standstill in deep enough waters and you'll get an action option to drop your net. Press the spacebar with that highlighted, and you're away.

Like you'd expect, there is a chance you'll catch nothing at all... or something. There is even an XP bonus if you manage to catch a particuar type of rare fish (no spoliers please).

I will give you one old salty sea-dog's tip - make sure you have plenty of room free in your hands (i.e. your player inventory), or you won't be able to land all of your catch. And losing a really rare fish can COST you XP! Remember your boat has cubby-holes of its own; you'll have to keep decanting your landed catch into the boat, for maximum effect.

Take something to drink, but remember you don't have to take any food - you can always eat some fresh, self-caught sushi... but not too much! Leave your pickaxes, lockpicks and other sundry junk in a car somewhere, safely locked up in your garage so you can find it all later. Fishing is a light-handed game, and quite peaceful and relaxing... sometimes.

Back