What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here 5 left!

Wilco - Taking a step back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilco

The King
Lifetime Donator
Good Afternoon,

As the founder of Altis Life UK & Roleplay UK the ride I have been on has been one of hard work and one that has been well worth it throughout the last 2 years, But it is time for me to take another step by from some of the day to day operations.

I myself have had an extremely tough end of the year and even more testing start of this year with a serious illness in the family as some of you may know and sometimes the way I deal with things can be very much jaded by this.

In 2015 we introduced a new structure and a management team joined me, from that point there was no "leader" so to speak anymore and the current team is very good at what it does and along with the staff team, There are many experienced people from all walks of life and I have full confidence I am able to step back in certain areas and just focus on the stuff I can add "real" value.

This is by no means goodbye! Its more of a public facing goodbye! and is just me handing further responsibility over to people with a clearer mind and I will no longer deal with the following areas.

• Forum Announcements
  • Member Support (Including Bans)
  • Development Announcements and day to day input
  • Some management & Board decisions
  • Commenting on certain things on the forums!
Instead I will focus on the following:

• Pushing the Roleplay UK Brand & Expanding the community
  • Daily Management & Board Dutys
  • Website dutys
  • Social Media
  • Map Design
  • Feeding back suggestions to the development team
  • "Key holding" for the safety and stability of RPUK
  • Any odd job I am given
This may mean the management team will start looking for new staff members or even restart the search for a community manager.

I am not saying I got anything wrong! Most of the bans I handed out have been spot on and we have brushed aside some very toxic people and also people who rather play the GTA series on a RP server rather than enjoy some quality Roleplay, but I will admit that some good people have been effected or have been strained recently.

Now you will still see me on the forums but I doubt very much I will post much, unless its in response to feedback or off topic, With any time saved I will spend it speaking to people about certain issues and there feedback (development & map)

I would like to thank everyone of you for choosing us as your community and I hope you continue to enjoy it daily, I would also like to Thank @Vladic Kafor a good eye opener and also @Ciaran@TinyBigJacko@Mr Cardosofor being the trusted rocks of this community.

Hope to speak to you all soon and I am sure a management team announcement is inbound!

wilco.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Wilco, you have been an incredible member of this community, without you, this would have never started and none of us would have made friends.

You have been amazing, sorting issues we have had, taking feedback and putting things right that were possibly wrong. I hope you have had an enjoyable 2 years - we do appeciate the work you have put in, I am glad you are not leaving, but I am sad you are not going to be so active.

Have an amazing time in what you do next, including the less active stuff on the RPUK Branch.

From all of RPUK,
THANK YOU SO MUCH! YOU WILL SINCERLY BE MISSED, The Dear Leader.
If there are any staff / Member support positions open, I'll take it 😍
I hope that your family gets better soon, real life is way more important, remember, don't VDM or RDM in Bristol. You may be going to Prison somewhere a lot further than Pyrgos!

Thanks for all the work @Wilco Shame your taking a step back but TBH you've put so much effort into this community I'm surprised that you haven't already. 

Don't keep yourself hidden though, you'll have to pop out now and again to say hello.

Goodluck with the illness in the family! I hope everyone gets better soon! Also, thanks a lot for everything you will be doing and already have done for the community! 

@Wilco- Thanks for all of your hard work you have put in , sadly recent events have caused all this too occured. 

Hopefully the community stays strong after all of these bans and people leaving , would suck too see it go too shit after so much time i have put im this community. Hopefully at some point you become more active.

Best of luck with the real life problems btw 👍

Thnx for your work on altislife "spotlight".  And if you want to take a step back. Just DO it

Goodluck with the hardest to fix bug called "real life"

@Wilco- Thanks for all of your hard work you have put in , sadly recent events have caused all this too occured. 

Hopefully the community stays strong after all of these bans and people leaving , would suck too see it go too shit after so much time i have put im this community. Hopefully at some point you become more active.

Best of luck with the real life problems btw
1f44d.png
In every community/guild/clan I have been part of there was always drama in form and when it kicks off that % of players leave with his pals nothing to it and wish them luck in future.   @Wilco thanks for the hard work in keeping community a live and for the time you been running it would not blame you for taking a step back.. Got my respect man! 

Wilco, you have been an incredible member of this community, without you, this would have never started and none of us would have made friends.

You have been amazing, sorting issues we have had, taking feedback and putting things right that were possibly wrong. I hope you have had an enjoyable 2 years - we do appeciate the work you have put in, I am glad you are not leaving, but I am sad you are not going to be so active.

Have an amazing time in what you do next, including the less active stuff on the RPUK Branch.

From all of RPUK,
If there are any staff / Member support positions open, I'll take it 
1f60d.png

I hope that your family gets better soon, real life is way more important, remember, don't VDM or RDM in Bristol. You may be going to Prison somewhere a lot further than Pyrgos!
giphy.gif

Good Afternoon,

As the founder of Altis Life UK & Roleplay UK the ride I have been on has been one of hard work and one that has been well worth it throughout the last 2 years, But it is time for me to take another step by from some of the day to day operations.

I myself have had an extremely tough end of the year and even more testing start of this year with a serious illness in the family as some of you may know and sometimes the way I deal with things can be very much jaded by this.

In 2015 we introduced a new structure and a management team joined me, from that point there was no "leader" so to speak anymore and the current team is very good at what it does and along with the staff team, There are many experienced people from all walks of life and I have full confidence I am able to step back in certain areas and just focus on the stuff I can add "real" value.

This is by no means goodbye! Its more of a public facing goodbye! and is just me handing further responsibility over to people with a clearer mind and I will no longer deal with the following areas.

• Forum Announcements
  • Member Support (Including Bans)
  • Development Announcements and day to day input
  • Some management & Board decisions
  • Commenting on certain things on the forums!
Instead I will focus on the following:

• Pushing the Roleplay UK Brand & Expanding the community
  • Daily Management & Board Dutys
  • Website dutys
  • Social Media
  • Map Design
  • Feeding back suggestions to the development team
  • "Key holding" for the safety and stability of RPUK
  • Any odd job I am given
This may mean the management team will start looking for new staff members or even restart the search for a community manager.

I am not saying I got anything wrong! Most of the bans I handed out have been spot on and we have brushed aside some very toxic people and also people who rather play the GTA series on a RP server rather than enjoy some quality Roleplay, but I will admit that some good people have been effected or have been strained recently.

Now you will still see me on the forums but I doubt very much I will post much, unless its in response to feedback or off topic, With any time saved I will spend it speaking to people about certain issues and there feedback (development & map)

I would like to thank everyone of you for choosing us as your community and I hope you continue to enjoy it daily, I would also like to Thank @Vladic Kafor a good eye opener and also @Ciaran@TinyBigJacko@Mr Cardosofor being the trusted rocks of this community.

Hope to speak to you all soon and I am sure a management team announcement is inbound!

wilco.png
I respect you immensly for stepping back when you feel like your opinion may be influenced or biased,it takes alot to admit that when you are seen as the Top Dog on Aluk,Thanks for your dedication and for soaking up the stress that comes with a massive gaming community.

I have a huge amount of respect with the way you've handled the hard choices I've seen you make these past two years.

With every judgment you've had to make you risked being perceived as too harsh or too soft. It's a fine line to walk.

We people will mislead, confuse and even lie to get our own way and you've had to be the judge of that. Making hard decisions for the good of the community at the cost of your own reputation and the fall out from us salty people.

I remember when you changed your tag to 'The Dear Leader' due to the smash 2014 youtube video you featured in (shameless plug here). In hindsight I should have referred to you as King Soloman, albeit without a baby to rip into two to see who's actually lying. And yes, that's supposed to be a compliment!

tumblr_m7a3rsvkGK1ruru4oo1_500.gif

"The King is Dead. Long live the King!"​

From all of RPUK,
1f60d.png

From all of RPUK,
1f60d.png

From all of RPUK,
1f60d.png

Did you even read the post, he isn't leaving, just reducing his roles...View attachment 3259

I don't know how that happened ^^^

Sorry to ready this, and I hope everything works out for you personally. You've done a great job here, this place has evolved into something brilliant over the last few years and that's down to your commitment in getting this moving. 

I sincerely hope we see you around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back