What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here Less than 10 left!

Our Community

FriendlyFireGuy

Lifetime Donator
Lifetime Donator
So today is my first day as Community Manager and as with any new job, I've been ‘finding my feet’ and after stumbling around and getting my act together, I thought it would be nice to post this to let you all know what’s going on and how I hope to serve you.

So, firstly, what is a Community Manager?

In short, I work for YOU. My job is primarily to ensure YOUR concerns / ideas are heard and relayed to management to help them keep their fingers on the pulse of the community.

What do I do?

Management are very busy working behind the scenes - trust me, I looked: there are a lot of big screens, cigar smoke, banging on keyboards and oddly, a very strong stench of mahogany and scotch  - but that might just be TBJ.

Anyway, because they’re working on things I couldn’t begin to understand, I’ll be helping them to keep them up to date with goings on in the community. Makes sense right?

For this community to be all it can be, we have to work together to go in a direction which is best for us all. To do that, a dialogue between management and the rest of us is essential and that’s what I’m here to help facilitate.

Community Meetings

One thing I plan to do is start community meetings (again). These will be regular and structured: we can’t have 100’s of people all screaming in a TS room but let’s all have a think on the best way to do this and get it rolling. I’m open to suggestions.

My initial thoughts are to regularly meet with whitelisted factions (if and when they require) / larger gangs and then some sort of arrangement with the rest of the community at large.

I welcome your suggestions - feel free to post here, or msg me on the forums or on TS if you’ve got any good ideas.

Contacting me.

I welcome CONSTRUCTIVE feedback. In fact, I encourage it. So always feel free to reach out to me, however, whilst I’d like to always be accessible, obviously I can’t: I do have to have a few hours off here and there, otherwise, Mrs FriendlyFireGuy is likely to chop my balls off with a blunt instrument - and then feed them to me.

However, I am usually always on TS so I will endeavour to answer any messages you send me - perhaps not always instantly, but I will get back to you.

On that note: Please don’t message me about unbans and general player to player issues or for general support. We have a great staff and member support team who are far more capable of assisting you than I am -  and we have an urban procedure on the forums. However, if you have  any concerns / issues or suggestions for the community as a whole, then my door is open. Likewise, if you feel we’re not getting it right, give me a shout, we’ll talk.

Finally - If you feel I could be doing more as your community manager, please don’t hesitate to let me know. I’m a gentle lover and I won’t bite - I’ll consider your comments and do my best to represent you all.

So, without further ado, let’s get this party started.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations and good luck. Oh and about the meetings you should do 1 meeting per 2 weeks where the leader and one rep per gang can talk with yourself with suggestions etc and you should come to the police weekly meeting where we will most likely point some issues or suggestions that you could help us on. Also when your doing meetings, you should use talk power to your advantage allowing there to be no interruptions and for everybody to listen and reply to the suggestion/issue instead of every1 shouting yes or no or some troll annoying everybody in teamspeak

Can't think of a better man for the job! Good luck mate, though I doubt you'll need it. 👍 

Can't think of a better man for the job! Good luck mate, though I doubt you'll need it.
1f44d.png

Awe shucks! Thanks!

Congratulations FriendlyFireGuy! 

A lovely post with some good points to start with. I believe this will let everyone know why you are here. And hopefully people are not to afraid to step up to you and ask what they want. 

As for starters a meeting with all factions sounds like a great idea!

I believe people want dose meeting back as i hear people speaking of it now and then :)

If you need a extra hand with what ever i can help you with just let me know.

Wow, I really enjoyed to read your text. Now I know why they took you. So I just want to say thank you for offering your help.

Community Meetings

One thing I plan to do is start community meetings (again). These will be regular and structured: we can’t have 100’s of people all screaming in a TS room but let’s all have a think on the best way to do this and get it rolling. I’m open to suggestions.
Well, first of all congratulations with your new position, can't wait to see how much this will actually help this community.

About the meeting part:

I think you should organize it so that everyone could join, but you take away everyones speak power, and only give the power to speak to who ever needs it, so that everyone can join and follow up on what's going on. Make a document where people can sign up for the speak power and you can write down a list and then just take them though 1 by 1 so everyone can get what they have to say though.

Thats my thoughts how it could be done ;)

- Matt Colburn

The Community Meetings even though it is for the whole community it could be for all head of the factions and gangs so then theres no as many people and points are given by one or two people

Back