What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

MAJORLY low FPS constantly...

Liam

Unlinked
Welp, if this problem is out of the tech supports hand then I may not be able to play ArmA.

Lately the past 3 months my frames have been getting worse and worse and i don't know how to fix it..the past week I've been playing on Low graphics and a view distance of 900m and getting 5 FPS then spikes down to 1 then my game crashes.. I have flushed my video memory and close downed loads of apps that could be effecting my Ram but nothing seems to work...Maybe i need a better PC but that wont happen until I can afford it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welp, if no-one on this post can help me then i might need to leave the community once and for all :/ 
Not really sure what you are trying to achieve with that comment, I can certainly tell you I do not like being blackmailed into helping people especially considering you are asking for expertise help from basically strangers. Last time you barely responded and couldn't even be bothered to say thankyou to the multitude of people who attempted to help you.

Lately the past 3 months my frames have been getting worse and worse and i don't know how to fix it..the past week I've been playing on Low graphics and a view distance of 900m and getting 5 FPS then spikes down to 1 then my game crashes.. I have flushed my video memory and close downed loads of apps that could be effecting my Ram but nothing seems to work...Maybe i need a better PC but that wont happen until I can afford it.
If your frame rate is getting slower and slower worst case scenario you can re-install your computer and crack on. Please ensure that the inside of your computer is clean and dust free and air can move through without major hindrance, It sounds like your suffering from thermal throttling and it is progressively getting worse.

Please also read the how to request tech support thread ....https://www.roleplay.co.uk/topic/67753-how-to-request-tech-support/

and here is the link to your previous thread which would be massively helpful to of posted. Was this even resolved ? you didn't say.
https://www.roleplay.co.uk/topic/66250-memory-error/

Not really sure what you are trying to achieve with that comment, I can certainly tell you I do not like being blackmailed into helping people especially considering you are asking for expertise help from basically strangers.

and here is the link to your previous thread which would be massively helpful to of posted. Was this even resolved ? you didn't say.
https://www.roleplay.co.uk/topic/66250-memory-error/
Not really blackmailing? I'm asking for help and if the problem is out of peoples hands then I must leave the community as I cannot enjoy a game that I cannot play? There's no need to be hostile because you believe I didn't say thank you last time I posted. I am sorry for not reading it ever again as the issue was resolved.

Not really sure what you are trying to achieve with that comment, I can certainly tell you I do not like being blackmailed into helping people especially considering you are asking for expertise help from basically strangers. Last time you barely responded and couldn't even be bothered to say thankyou to the multitude of people who attempted to help you.
Last time, I didn't even see people reply and I forgot I posted it then I noticed it a while back and thought it was a bit to late to reply as I would look stupid.

If your frame rate is getting slower and slower worst case scenario you can re-install your computer and crack on. Please ensure that the inside of your computer is clean and dust free and air can move through without major hindrance, It sounds like your suffering from thermal throttling and it is progressively getting worse.

Please also read the how to request tech support thread ....https://www.roleplay.co.uk/topic/67753-how-to-request-tech-support/
I will read the thread you have posted after this I finish this FTC and do you know how i could clean my PC, whether to take the cases off and rub it down or something. I have no clue how to do so. Maybe I will look it up so I am not annoying you lovely tech support people ;)

I have also edited my badly worded comment.

Not really blackmailing? I'm asking for help and if the problem is out of peoples hands then I must leave the community as I cannot enjoy a game that I cannot play? There's no need to be hostile because you believe I didn't say thank you last time I posted. I am sorry for not reading it ever again as the issue was resolved.
It is basic blackmail, "If you guys don't fix MY problems IM leaving." Believe it or not we like to help people, when they are ungrateful and argumentative, we don't really like to help .... Make up your own mind from that.
"There's no need to be hostile because you believe I didn't say thank you last time" This is not a belief this is FACT, you didn't say thank barely responded and didn't let all the people who helped you know that the issue was resolved, This is common courtesy not extravagant gestures.

Last time, I didn't even see people reply and I forgot I posted it then I noticed it a while back and thought it was a bit to late to reply as I would look stupid.
Well, now you certainly look daft .... :/

[SIZE=inherit]I will read the thread you have posted after this I finish this FTC and do you know how i could clean my PC, whether to take the cases off and rub it down or something. I have no clue how to do so. Maybe I will look it up so I am not annoying you lovely tech support people ;)[/SIZE]
Best way is normally a can of compressed air, failing that you can carefully use a soft paintbrush and a hoover. make sure you remove the fans for cleaning as that is where you will find the majority of the clogged up dust. You may need to also strip down your graphics card, this can be a little scary, but not difficult and there are plenty of youtube videos for each model of card, but you shouldn't need to worry about this unless the main clean down doesnt work.
How many years has it been since you cleaned your computer ?  or purchased if never ;)

It is basic blackmail, "If you guys don't fix MY problems IM leaving." Believe it or not we like to help people, when they are ungrateful and argumentative, we don't really like to help .... Make up your own mind from that.
"There's no need to be hostile because you believe I didn't say thank you last time" This is not a belief this is FACT, you didn't say thank barely responded and didn't let all the people who helped you know that the issue was resolved, This is common courtesy not extravagant gestures.
Maybe in your eyes it looks like blackmailing? in my eyes and many others who I've showed this and stated it doesn't look like blackmailing in their eyes either. Well It's a bit hard to let you guys know it was resolved if it was fixed? People make mistakes they'res no need to hold a grudge and be hostile towards someone who forgot about a post? Shit happens, learn to deal with it.

Well, now you certainly look daft .... :/
Yeah I kind of do, since it feels that this post is being derailed :)

Best way is normally a can of compressed air, failing that you can carefully use a soft paintbrush and a hoover. make sure you remove the fans for cleaning as that is where you will find the majority of the clogged up dust. You may need to also strip down your graphics card, this can be a little scary, but not difficult and there are plenty of youtube videos for each model of card, but you shouldn't need to worry about this unless the main clean down doesnt work.
How many years has it been since you cleaned your computer ?  or purchased if never ;)
Will do thanks for your help :) It has been 6 months.

@Khandamir or @JohnJoeegan Please remove this post as it has went in the wrong direction with secret little digs at eachother.

Maybe in your eyes it looks like blackmailing? in my eyes and many others who I've showed this and stated it doesn't look like blackmailing in their eyes either. Well It's a bit hard to let you guys know it was resolved if it was fixed? People make mistakes they'res no need to hold a grudge and be hostile towards someone who forgot about a post? Shit happens, learn to deal with it.

Yeah I kind of do, since it feels that this post is being derailed :)

Will do thanks for your help :) It has been 6 months.

@Khandamir or @JohnJoeegan Please remove this post as it has went in the wrong direction with secret little digs at eachother.
before you have the post deleted, if you;e using a PC make sure you havent done something silly like plugged your monitor into your Onboard graphics, rather than the graphics card itself. And doe sit happen on just RPUK, or All Arma 3 servers/game modes? Only arma 3? Definitely needs more info.

After a PC upgrade around a month ago i came to the conclusion that most people here who complain about low fps have now what would be considered aged cpu's

Arma is not GPU intensive it is CPU intensive On an 6700k 4ghz in Kavala with a GTX 780 i am getting a constant 70-80fps when the server is full, previously I was on a 4-5 year old i7 2600k which when the server was full sometimes stooped to around 20fps with the same GPU (thats my next and final upgrade for this year)

The server is running overpowered hardware and is optimised, and will be more optimised in a coming update (simple-objects + TBJ's hundreds of tweaks and changes)... however if your getting 5fps right now... I would consider an upgrade

Whats your specs ?

Edit: Please note... you might get better FPS on other servers/game modes/mods... Altis life does run a number of scripts which of course decrease FPS slightly... on eden editor i am packing 100-120fps depending on what i have loaded in.

before you have the post deleted, if you;e using a PC make sure you havent done something silly like plugged your monitor into your Onboard graphics, rather than the graphics card itself. And doe sit happen on just RPUK, or All Arma 3 servers/game modes? Only arma 3? Definitely needs more info.
I have not got a clue, I will look at that after my dinner, thank you. It gives me really bad frames on all games but ArmA the most. I used to get 60FPS constantly but nowdays roughly 10 and below. Other games I get 20FPS unless its like WorldOfWarShip or WarThunder I get like 300FPS because of it not being a highly detailed game.

After a PC upgrade around a month ago i came to the conclusion that most people here who complain about low fps have now aged cpu's

On an 6700k in Kavala with a GTX 780 i am getting a constant 70-80fps when the server is full, previously I was on a 4-5 year old i7 2600k which when the server was full sometimes stooped to around 20fps with the same GPU (thats my next and final upgrade for this year)

The server is running overpowered hardware and is optimised, and will be more optimised in a coming update (simple-objects + TBJ's hundreds of tweaks and changes)... however if your getting 5fps right now... I would consider an upgrade

Whats your specs ?
I have Intel i5-4690k @ 3.50GHz GTX 750Ti, believe it or not. I did used to get a constant 60FPS on ultra when I first got it. I will more then likely get an upgrade whenever I can afford it.

Lemme just screenshot all this so I can remember it.

I have not got a clue, I will look at that after my dinner, thank you. It gives me really bad frames on all games but ArmA the most. I used to get 60FPS constantly but nowdays roughly 10 and below. Other games I get 20FPS unless its like WorldOfWarShip or WarThunder I get like 300FPS because of it not being a highly detailed game.

I have Intel i5-4690k @ 3.50GHz GTX 750Ti, believe it or not. I did used to get a constant 60FPS on ultra when I first got it. I will more then likely get an upgrade whenever I can afford it.
the 4960k should be able to stomp it just fine. So there's definitely something underlying here. 

Format time ? 
1f607.png
Format time? What do you mean by this?

Format time? What do you mean by this?
wiping the system clean and starting over. drastic step, but cure all that ails you, software wise anyway.

Data wiping i should add, not with like..dettol wipes or something.

the 4960k should be able to stomp it just fine. So there's definitely something underlying here. 
considering its a steady degradation of performance over months, I am assuming it to be a heat issue (had a hot summer too :))
Also if using Win10, would be easiest to just reset rather than re-install 

considering its a steady degradation of performance over months, I am assuming it to be a heat issue (had a hot summer too :))
it could well be. Lucky for some. we had a shit summer and now its just cold and wet.

I've messaged Sir Liam since i've a bit of free time at the moment to take a gander at specs, software, core speeds and temps.

Temps are good, core speeds are good, a few bits of nasty adware/spayware found by MBAM but doubt that's the cure.

Spec of machine should be more than capable of running arma3 without issues. Was on Profilling build, switched to regular main branch to eliminate problems with the different build.

Welp, if this problem is out of the tech supports hand then I may not be able to play ArmA.

You might try doing something counter intuitive and increase some of your settings, when you lower some settings on arma it hands the process from the graphics card to the CPU thus putting additional load on it.

You might try doing something counter intuitive and increase some of your settings, when you lower some settings on arma it hands the process from the graphics card to the CPU thus putting additional load on it.
When I play on high settings, my game freezes for around 30 seconds then i have 10 FPS for a while.

@DSGT Sir LiamThis once happened with me and i was getting terrible fps, i opened my PCs case and realised the cpu fan was not pinned down correctly that was causing such low fps (10-5 fps)  and constant lag spikes, as soon as i pinned it down correctly my fps went straight back to 60. Just check to see if your CPU fan is pinned in correctly and the fan itself is fully plugged in and has not come lose, i hope this helps if not i have no idea what the problem is.

@DSGT Sir LiamIs this happening on every game ? If It is there is a very high chance you might have the same problem that i had. It happened with me and i lost fps on most games, but other games were still playable, no matter the settings i would get shit fps. Arma was the worst though, due to it being the game that required most of my cpu, but my cpu could not deliver this due to the fan not being connected properly that caused this massive fps drop

Back