What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here Less than 10 left!

My PC!

unofficialdiaz

hey guys,

Soon i will join you guys on altis life :)

im getting a new pc at the end of the month but i already know what im getting after researching for 2 years:D

so this wil be the specs of my pc.

i also wanna do youtube as a hobby so please let me know if i need to upgradde my pc or not,

or my pc is not strong enough too record Arma 3 altis life.

Let me know fam XD

Specs: WD Blue 3tb (i will upgrade it too SSD in the future)

MSI MSI gaming 970 gaming motherboard

Corsair CX series cx600 600w

Hyperx FURY 8gb (2x4gb)

AMD FX-8350 Black edition Vishera

AMD RX 480

Corsair carbide Series 100R silent

So let me know guys will it be a bust or not. And let me know what too upgrade.

Hope seeing you i the game soon :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like your PC will be ok for ArmA! However I'm no AMD expert, @Zeitomay be able to help you 👍

hey guys,

Soon i will join you guys on altis life :)

im getting a new pc at the end of the month but i already know what im getting after researching for 2 years:D

so this wil be the specs of my pc.

i also wanna do youtube as a hobby so please let me know if i need to upgradde my pc or not,

or my pc is not strong enough too record Arma 3 altis life.

Let me know fam XD

Specs: WD Blue 3tb (i will upgrade it too SSD in the future)

MSI MSI gaming 970 gaming motherboard

Corsair CX series cx600 600w

Hyperx FURY 8gb (2x4gb)

AMD FX-8350 Black edition Vishera

AMD RX 480

Corsair carbide Series 100R silent

So let me know guys will it be a bust or not. And let me know what too upgrade.

Hope seeing you i the game soon :)
would have gone for 16gb's of RAM

Looks good buddy! But I've heard from quite a few people that AMD doesn't run Arma very well? Correct me anyone if I'm wrong. Maybe @Zeitomy scooby buddy might help? aha

I've not kept entirely up to date with AMDs CPU offerings - I've always gone intel if I could afford it.

While I'm sure it will run  reasonably ok on medium settings, the FX8350 reportedly offers about roughly half the performance of the Intel Core i7 4790k which is probably the most common CPU and one that offers the most Single Thread Performance in Arma.

http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core-i7-4790K-vs-AMD-FX-8350

I'd agree with going to 16GB of ram if you can, and an SSD will always help. As for recording/streaming your gameplay it may run just fine. It's important to remember Arma is not very well optimised for many cores. Your FX8350 is supposedly an 8-core CPU (though i dont know if it's true 8 phys cores, AMD had bit of a murky incident regarding what it called a core) so you could take advantage of that by having Arma run on Core 1+2 (probably how it runs as default) then run your recording/streaming on Core 3+4, Teamspeak on 5+6 etc. to spread the load around your CPU. That was cores 1+2 arent getting hammered with arma, and streaming, and recording and everything else going on.

The AMD RX 480 is reportedly a very powerful card for not a lot of money, so that's a good one at least. I can't be 100% certain, but i'd say your CPU might let you down, you might want to look towards moving to an Intel CPU + mobo in the future, or I think AMDs latest line of CPUS is supposedly to offer a huge jump in performance.

@lionel you enjoy a bit of AMD-ness right? I believe i'm somewhat mistaken and antiquetied in my 90s views of AMD being the poor-mans CPU. Set me and the OP straight.

Last edited by a moderator:
 I've not kept entirely up to date with AMDs CPU offerings - I've always gone intel if I could afford it.

While I'm sure it will run  reasonably ok on medium settings, the FX8350 reportedly offers about roughly half the performance of the Intel Core i7 4790k which is probably the most common CPU and one that offers the most Single Thread Performance in Arma.

http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core-i7-4790K-vs-AMD-FX-8350

I'd agree with going to 16GB of ram if you can, and an SSD will always help. As for recording/streaming your gameplay it may run just fine. It's important to remember Arma is not very well optimised for many cores. Your FX8350 is supposedly an 8-core CPU (though i dont know if it's true 8 phys cores, AMD had bit of a murky incident regarding what it called a core) so you could take advantage of that by having Arma run on Core 1+2 (probably how it runs as default) then run your recording/streaming on Core 3+4, Teamspeak on 5+6 etc. to spread the load around your CPU. That was cores 1+2 arent getting hammered with arma, and streaming, and recording and everything else going on.

The AMD RX 480 is reportedly a very powerful card for not a lot of money, so that's a good one at least. I can't be 100% certain, but i'd say your CPU might let you down, you might want to look towards moving to an Intel CPU + mobo in the future, or I think AMDs latest line of CPUS is supposedly to offer a huge jump in performance.

@lionel you enjoy a bit of AMD-ness right? I believe i'm somewhat mistaken and antiquetied in my 90s views of AMD being the poor-mans CPU. Set me and the OP straight.
@ZeitoBasically spot on the mark, although I think your Selling the AMD a bit short in processing power. But if your going to be gaming explicitly on Arma3 and are not considering other games, I would say save up and go for Intel, as the game is so shittily optimized for AMD. But if you do game multiple games and you're a bit fussy about dropping near 500-600 just for your Mobo and CPU, stick with the AMD build you got, you sould be very happy with it, Faster than mine and I basically run all games on high, except Arma.

i personally wouldnt go AMD Intel is much more stable and reliable also would go for 16gb of ram if ur wanting to record on Arma

Back