ALTIS LIFE
GTA RP
TEAMSPEAK

We are currently undergoing maintenance

The forums are available for use, yet please do not expect full functionality.

Ciaran

[DEV TEAM] Development Previews

Ciaran

This post will act as a place for us to share work in progress features which may never see the live servers, or may become the next big thing here at RPUK.

As said above. Nothing here is final or is confirmed to be an upcoming feature, some items posted here may simply be prototypes of new systems, or just us testing out what ArmA can do.

Feel free to make any comments though, suggestions will always be appreciated and may be credited depending on the size of the contribution (at our discretion, of course.)

First - The new RPUK HUD:

rpuk_hud_preview.jpeg

• The text in the bottom left corner shows us some info which should be useful when looking at player's screenshots.
  • The icons located above the text in the bottom left corner are status icons, they will always be anchored to the side. Meaning that if for example, the wanted icon isn't currently showing, the message icon will take the place of it. On screen currently from left to right (but not the only possible icons!):
    • Wanted Icon
    • Unread Message Icon
    • Low Food Icon
  • The bottom right bars are based off a design that was in the old Framework files, which you may (or may have not) seen yet in videos/images of it. (Please note that "Water" will most likely be replaced with "Thirst" before release.)

• Like 16

Patchwork
51 minutes ago, Ciaran said:

The text in the bottom left corner shows us some info which should be useful when looking at player's screenshots.

Elaborate please. if possible that is.

Ciaran
46 minutes ago, Patchwork said:

Elaborate please. if possible that is.

For now, it just shows the website link, alongside an unique number that is tied to your player. This is useful for our admin team as they can use it for many purposes (banning rulebreakers who upload videos etc). It may show some more info in the future though if needed.

• Like 3

Shambala12

Looks cool, would like to see this in the next update 

TheRealOutlaw

Looks good! I like the new icons in the bottom left

Booker Dewitt

Imo, I think it would be looking better if the icons were smaller, and/or placed above/under the % for food, water and health. Other than that its nice. Maybe a removal of percentage? It gives me OCD having only 97% health

SlimShady

This is looking amazing, Hopefully will be available before X-mas.

Also if i may make a suggestion, You should check if the overlay will still be seen on 4:3 resolution rather then 16:9 normal resolution.

Some overlays aren't optimized for 4:3 stretched res and the overlay is "out the screen" so it cant be seen.

(By overlay i mean HUD)

Ciaran

Here's another sneak, this time a preview of our new notifications system - this system will automatically resize to hold the amount of text contained inside it, and has a minimum size of the icon displayed next to it; for example, in the image below the latest message is extended in order to fit the message, while the first message (lower one) didn't get resized because it was smaller than the icon displayed next to it - Please disregard the old hint displayed on the right, once the system is fully hooked up they will no longer show.107410_screenshots_20161130194131_1.jpeg

• Like 9

Ciaran
1 minute ago, Jack Shepherd said:

OR MAYBE A SNEAK PEEK INTO SOMETHING DEEPER! POSSIBLE RETURN OF COMMANDER ???? 

002c39b6625aad109a6c6ffb4918cb7b.png

Sadly not, the Commander Rank was never removed, I just have every level maxed out on my local dev db for testing.

• Like 2

Eldarkmagic

Looks very nice if possible it would be nice to see the how many people are dead for the NHS as well

• Like 1

Any more sneak peeks around the corner?