What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here Less than 10 left!

Arma 3 5 FPS bug help

Hoggie

Rebel
So pretty much if anyone knows how to fix the 5 FPS i would be very grateful if they could help me.

What is the 5 FPS bug?

The 5 FPS bug is a bug that occur in game when you game gets 0 or 5 FPS and you have to reboot your game completely. For me this happens about once every hour of being in game. So i could be mid  gunfight / RP / driving / Flying / anything really and my game would crash. Im very sure it is not a hardware problem on my behalf but im not sure how i can fix it. I get on average 50 FPS at Ultra with 2.5 k view distance and it works fine , then i randomly get 5 FPS and sink into the group. This therefore screws up my game completely and means i need to close it via the control panel.

My Specs

GTX 970 / I5 4790 - overclocked to 4.3 GHZ / 16 gigs of DDR3 ram.

Anyone that has a clue on this problem or has had it and has fixed it , please explain to me what you did so my game does not crash every hour.

Do you also get kicked from the server with the worst FPS ever since the new arma update? 

Everytime it happens i validate my game cache and tends to fix it for a short while but msg me if you get any answers as it's killing me! 

I played last night on s1 at 70fps no drops and then rejoin 20 minutes later and stuck on about 10fps..

Last edited by a moderator:
You could either verifiy game cache on steam - https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335

or 

Reinstall the game completely

or

Try playing around with your video settings

or

Delete your Arma 3 profile and make a new one or delete the mission file of the server.

or

Use some parametes for the game and such -

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Do you also get kicked from the server with the worst FPS ever since the new arma update? 

Everytime it happens i validate my game cache and tends to fix it for a short while but msg me if you get any answers as it's killing me! 

I played last night on s1 at 70fps no drops and then rejoin 20 minutes later and stuck on about 10fps..
Nope not kicked , i have to force my game to shut down via ALT F4 or Control pannel as my game dies. Very annoying when i am in some form of active RP as it crashes at shit times and looks like i have combat logged.

@The Majestic Hero- Thanks mate. When i get home from college in an hour and a half i will give it a go. If it does work i will make sure to pass what you have said onto other people with the same problem 👍

I had this problem too. once or twice. try allocation more memory through parameter and set your exthreads.

Since I updated to 16GB RAM (started with 8 and upgraded to 12 a month or two later), I have experienced very little major drops in FPS and crashes etc. are minimal - the last crash I got was yesterday with some 0x000deadx code or something like that (not related to ram usage), and before that it's been at least a month or two since my last crash. Don't get me wrong, I still get random drops sometimes but not so much that they will HEAVILY impact my experience (i.e. going down from 40>20 for 5 seconds), because it's Arma.

I get this quite often when I'm playing and it's fucking annoying, Sometimes my game recovers but it continues to freeze or drop to less than 5 FPS other times it will completely fuck up and I will either have to restart Arma or restart my full PC 
0A549C9DDBCC284CB06295092A6404A8B0B72477

That is a ram issue, I have currently got a ticket going on the feedback tracker with the same issue, and there's also at least one major arma streamer getting the same issue, and he's in touch with bohemia about it. Right now what I have been told, is to either install new drivers for graphics card, or try a older driver, verify game or disable the steam overlay. I am currently testing no steam overlay. So far no problems, but hopes aren't too high. 

I get this quite often when I'm playing and it's fucking annoying, Sometimes my game recovers but it continues to freeze or drop to less than 5 FPS other times it will completely fuck up and I will either have to restart Arma or restart my full PC 
This is what my problem is as well. Had it im so many gun fights / Roleplay situation its taking the piss. Not a clue how to fix it , so i created this thread.

I've been having this problem for around a year, still haven't been able to fix it. 

Its simply because its ram leakage which could happen, its not your pc its on the other hand Bohemia that has to fix it.

Just had it swice today and lost over 500k of salt in my blackfish and about an hours worth of work so I didn't get any skills (to process faster) 

@Kyle Dorans  Try to turn off steam overlay if you have it on, i did it yesterday and didn't crash. I might just have been lucky, but worth a shot :)

Due to the large update arma recently had, it might be a hard drive issue? For example if you drive from kavala up to agios it might be struggling to load the different textures due to hard drive fragmentation. Try defrag your hard drive, its fixed my fps drops before.

Back