What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Recommendations

Conor Barcoe

Hi, so i have finally ordered a new cpu after using my i5 2400 for a few years now, i bought an i7 6700k and i was wondering what would you recommend for a new motherboard and ddr4 ram, i dont have much money left to spare on my pc but i dont suggest something just because its a low price, i would rather pay more money and know im going to get a good experience on altis life, thanks guys <3

P.S. i was thinking about either 8gb or 16gb of ram depending on the total price of the MB and RAM

https://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Components/Motherboards/Intel+Socket/Socket+1151+-+Intel+Z170/Gigabyte+Z170-Gaming+K3+ATX+Motherboard+[CrossFire]+?productId=65562

This MB is only 100 quid but is it any good?

Also my keyboard and mouse both have 2 usb cables each that need to be plugged in, i dont know if different motherboards have a different amount of ports, probably a dumb question.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
Dont worry about the USB Ports, there is normally 2 dedicated to KB&Mouse at the top of the back panel.

16GB of ram is about right for a gaming system nowadays (when you achieve this please disable page file), but if you have enough money, I would recommend a NVME m.2 drive for your windows installation as well.

https://www.aria.co.uk/Products?search=nvme+m.2&x=0&y=0&searchCat=1504
I probably have about £200-£250 to spend on a new mb and ram so I wouldn't be able to afford a NVME as well, but thanks for the recommendation 

Hi, so i have finally ordered a new cpu after using my i5 2400 for a few years now, i bought an i7 6700k and i was wondering what would you recommend for a new motherboard and ddr4 ram, i dont have much money left to spare on my pc but i dont suggest something just because its a low price, i would rather pay more money and know im going to get a good experience on altis life, thanks guys <3

P.S. i was thinking about either 8gb or 16gb of ram depending on the total price of the MB and RAM

https://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Components/Motherboards/Intel+Socket/Socket+1151+-+Intel+Z170/Gigabyte+Z170-Gaming+K3+ATX+Motherboard+[CrossFire]+?productId=65562

This MB is only 100 quid but is it any good?

Also my keyboard and mouse both have 2 usb cables each that need to be plugged in, i dont know if different motherboards have a different amount of ports, probably a dumb question.
I just upgraded my CPU MB & Ram and my PC is alot better then it was before!

I have almost the same what u have linked.

CPU - i7 6700 Skylake. I didnt buy that one you got since I will not overclock my CPU.

RAM - Corsair 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 2666Mhz Vengeance LPX

Motherboard - ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming.

Not to much in price for the RAM and MB to be honest, 100-150£ for RAM and 100-150£ for my MB.

But for the RAM my friend works with cumputers everyday and he said that its not worth to buy a RAM with over 2666Mhz.

I just upgraded my CPU MB & Ram and my PC is alot better then it was before!

I have almost the same what u have linked.

CPU - i7 6700 Skylake. I didnt buy that one you got since I will not overclock my CPU.

RAM - Corsair 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 2666Mhz Vengeance LPX

Motherboard - ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming.

Not to much in price for the RAM and MB to be honest, 100-150£ for RAM and 100-150£ for my MB.

But for the RAM my friend works with cumputers everyday and he said that its not worth to buy a RAM with over 2666Mhz.
works out at 220 quid all together, not bad, what gpu do you have?

Can you suggest any mb or ram? 
I don't specifically have any motherboards in mind, I would suggest you ensure it has a M.2 slot for future use. I really wouldn't worry about SLI (personally I never recommend it due to many games not taking advantage of SLI properly or at all). Z170 is a good board, but shop around a bit and look at the features offered and what is really useful to you.

RAM.for me it's all about Latency rather than speed, RAM is not really going to be a bottleneck to your system speed, so shop around and look for the sticks with the Lowest CAS, and highest speed, balance it out with price (remember ddr4 has generally a higher CAS than ddr3). 

For the CPU are you getting the 6700K specifically to overclock ? as @Asaridsaiz, there is no point in getting the K version if your not going to or lack the skill / knowledge to be able to. If you do want to overclock, then you will need to go back and really look how fast you can push your RAM speed/power/heat wise.
TLDR: if not overclocking buy non K version cpu

I don't specifically have any motherboards in mind, I would suggest you ensure it has a M.2 slot for future use. I really wouldn't worry about SLI (personally I never recommend it due to many games not taking advantage of SLI properly or at all). Z170 is a good board, but shop around a bit and look at the features offered and what is really useful to you.

RAM.for me it's all about Latency rather than speed, RAM is not really going to be a bottleneck to your system speed, so shop around and look for the sticks with the Lowest CAS, and highest speed, balance it out with price (remember ddr4 has generally a higher CAS than ddr3). 

For the CPU are you getting the 6700K specifically to overclock ? as @Asaridsaiz, there is no point in getting the K version if your not going to or lack the skill / knowledge to be able to. If you do want to overclock, then you will need to go back and really look how fast you can push your RAM speed/power/heat wise.
TLDR: if not overclocking buy non K version cpu
Well the CPU has already been bought for me as a gift, and I will ask my IT teacher in college about overclocking, how would I know if the RAM is suitable to overclock with? 

in a simple manner, the faster the arm the more stable the overclock, the lower the latency the better the Ram.

I personally don't see much point in manual overclocking nowadays, but if it something you are specifically interested in then it takes planning when purchasing your parts.

Back