What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here 5 left!

How do I fully zoom out

FergusW

Fergus
Another nooby question here, I have seen on most people's frag videos *Throws up* that they have their view zoomed out. I would like my view zoomed out as well (I don't know if it's reccomended or not) but I press '-' once, it zooms out and in again shortly after. I press it twice, does the same thing. Do I need to mess around with it in the settings or am I just really stupid (wouldn't be the first time).

Sahgeant Fergus
Your friendly Neighbourhood Policing Unit.

You can zoom it out by double pressing  '-' but it is still not zoomed out at all times I guess if you do little research using google you will find best answer/solution

I'm pretty sure it is something you need to download. Nothing you can do in Arma's settings.

There should be a "Zoom out (Toggle)" in the options in controls under "view". If you set one of your keys to this you should be able to toggle zooming out and get some mad frags.

(Jk, rp is life)

Zooming out a bit in 3rd person can be done on your mouse (if you have extra buttons) you can also zoom in ( mouse button 4/5 I think?)

Another nooby question here, I have seen on most people's frag videos *Throws up* that they have their view zoomed out. I would like my view zoomed out as well (I don't know if it's reccomended or not) but I press '-' once, it zooms out and in again shortly after. I press it twice, does the same thing. Do I need to mess around with it in the settings or am I just really stupid (wouldn't be the first time).

Sahgeant Fergus
Your friendly Neighbourhood Policing Unit.

You used to be able to double tap '-' on your numpad and that would keep you zoomed out until you pressed '+' on your numpad. Sadly for some reason this doesn't work on RPUK so you either have to hold 'Mouse button 4/5' whatever it is or put some rubberbands around your keyboard on the minus key :p 

On my mouse I have two buttons just behind the scroll wheel. The one closest to me is to zoom out and the one closest to the scroll wheel is to zoom in.

I just have a mouse without the numbers on the side :p. I'll just stick to the normal view and get killed every time then :p

Its called a FOV (field of view) changer, you could argue its a 3rd party program but seeing as its a program that just altars file in arma 3 settings you could argue its not so much of a 3rd party program and just doing something you can do manually (and Battleye dont ban for it and neither does server side script detection etc.)

The defult FOV is 60 degrees however programs allow you to go up to 110 but lots of people change it to 90 degrees as this is what is used by most people that choose to change it. As you described it zooms your camera out just like the - key function only its permanent. There are upsides and downsides to doing this however and im not sure if RPUK allows it.

EDIT - Added explanation for a acronym

Last edited by a moderator:
Back