What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Altis Medic Fanfiction

Julie Cel

So I write nerdy mini stories sometimes inspired my Altis Life interactions. Not sure how it will be received here, but if anyone wants a quick read that may or may not make you giggle, then please help yourself to my creation below.

A Day in the Life of a Medic

I wipe the sweat off my brow as I stare down at the corpse sprawled out on the ground. The air smells of gunpowder... and blood. Another day, another shootout at a rebel outpost. When will things change? It's been years since the government fell apart and corruption and crime took over Altis.

My family and I were one of the first victims to experience just how fucked up everything had gotten. It happened on a quiet night. Things were too quiet really, everything almost felt as if it had gone back to normal. That should have been the first warning that something awful was coming. Throughout the day we heard no cop or ambulance sirens, we thought it was due to lack of event. Really, it turns out all the police and medics had been rounded up and shot down by a firing squad at dawn that very morning. I guess their families were taken with them, because no one heard anything of it.

We gathered supplies and tried to remain unnoticed throughout the day, as we had for years now. It had been working really, up until that night. Our Father thought it would be safe to spend the evening outside. He was obviously fooled by the quiet before the storm. Looking back at it now, his decision probably made us a target. Maybe it'd be different if it weren't for the naivety, the momentary lapse of caution. But I can't blame him... no, living like caged animals really takes its toll after so long. I bet he just wanted some freedom, some normality... we all did. Anyways, it was a nice last night together. I guess in a way, it was one of the better endings.

We went to bed at sunset, it's best to sleep through the horrors of the night. Except that night, the horrors came right to our front door. A gang I presume.. or maybe just a group of rogue rebels, decided to raid our home. I awoke to my father carrying me to the hiding hole he had made, big enough for me and my teddy only. I cried as he closed me in and in the darkness, I knew that I wouldn't see him or my mother again. The sounds I heard while I was locked away still haunt me to this day. Eventually I fell asleep and when I woke, my eyes hurt from crying but I had a determination to do something, anything, to make a change.

I was found and given shelter by another family in a city known as Kavala. There I grew up and trained to become a field medic: a tiresome job filled with unimaginable horrors, but needed... very much needed.

So here I am; drenched in sweat and working to try to salvage the lives of the Police and Civilians that have been ravaged by criminals. I always try to save them, it's the least I can do for their families, the people who rely on them.

This man in front of me looks like he took some sort of blow to the head, and was then carved up for fun by some sick individual. His chest is wide open, his heart beats faintly but he seems to have a lung and kidney missing. For fucks sake, the organ traders can go straight to hell in my book. I search the ground around him. Mhm, just as I thought. His lung was only collateral, it was left behind at the scene. "Well, I guess it's your lucky day, one kidney is no problemo.. but you need both lungs" I say aloud, just to break the silence. I pick up his lung off the ground and shove it back into his chest. It had some gravel on it, but I've made more out of worse. Sewing him up takes ages and it's nearly nightfall when I finish. I admire my handy work while I take a breather. One last step to go. I search in my medic bag for the final instrument to guarantee success.

I smile as I locate my secret weapon. Slowly, I unwrap the most prized possession, the most sacred tool we as medics have:. The moment of truth: I pop a lollipop into the poor soul's mouth, and just like that... his eyes open. "Mango flavored!" he yells as he springs up, as full of life as ever before. Lucky bastard got one of the good ones, I always pity the ones who get lime.. or worse... lemon. "Welcome back to life sir" I say as I assess his condition. "Wow thanks, I feel great, what happened?" He says as he picks up his gun off the ground. "You know, I'm not sure, but you're alive for now, you should get home to your family before it gets dark, Officer...?" "Ah I'm no officer, just a lowly cadet." I shrug... all that time spent on a rookie. "Hop in my car, I'll give you a lift back to the station"

And as we drive off into the sunset, I think to myself; How wonderful is life and thank god for the lollies.

~Julia

Back