What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Looking for a Gaming desk

Madmatt150

Supporter of Marmite Rights!
Lifetime Donator
As the title implies I'm looking for a new computer desk as I'm planning on having a massive overhaul of my computer gaming area (new desk, chairs, monitors etc), if you have any suggestions of what I should get to improve my gaming experience, post it down here, even if it's not a desk.

The retirements for the desk are:

Needs to be a corner/curved desk,

Needs to be able to hold 3 monitors next to each other and a few other things (But the other things can go anywhere)

Preferably under 150 pound, but if it is good enough it can be more.

Hopefully someone may have a good idea, finding it hard to come across a desk I like. 

I've got the same one that Connor posted. Couldn't recommend it more. Looks good, easy to hide the cables and spacious.

Have some pictures of it in this thread.

I know this might sound quite stupid as it's likely you've already looked at this, but you have you checked through ikea's offerings? They have some REALLY nice looking desks at some VERY reasonable prices, so much so that I'm considering buying a corner desk from them as well soon.

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/desks/office-desks/

I used ikea tables for mine. They were hella cheap. Just took a little DIY to get it "floating" without the legs on the front but nothing more rewarding than putting a little more effort to get the set up you want :)

To be honest, what I did in the old office at work when I was helping them upgrading it by making a desk, was getting seven EUR pallets and make my own desk by putting three long planks with the planks from the pallets on top. Just go over with steelbrush, fast over with a cutting torch to get rid of particles and such, then go over with some oil to preserve it. The desk got shaped as an L, and to put our little mark on it, we filled some areas of it with some blue industrial epoxy and smaller components such as rolling bearings inside. Even greater was it that the pallets had been standing out for over a year so it had this rustic feeling. 

e665575b2fd860c313cb6b48ab2785a2.jpg

had to google a pic, but there you kinda can see what the epoxyfilling does, it is amazing and so strong.

Pallets are very cheap (you can get them for about 1-5£ each, or even free)
Epoxy.. a bit pricey if you want a lot, but about 10£ for lowgrade epoxy
Creativity, design and shit? Use paint or something, I used a software we use in our industrialwork, AutoCAD, to design the one I made (mostly for look and measurements so we could calculate the weight it could handle)
Legs, use what you want.. We found some old copperpipes that we shaped into legs.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a cheap ikea desk, 1.5m long and 0.75m wide, its amazing for the price around £30, unless you order online its like £15 postage.

Back