Jump to content
ALTIS LIFE
...
GTA RP
...
TEAMSPEAK
...

We are currently undergoing maintenance

The forums are available for use, yet please do not expect full functionality.

Ciaran

Altis Life UK Server Development - Feedback

Recommended Posts

SI VeikkQ
2 hours ago, Simen said:

This seatbelt thing is just annoying. Can we get rid of it?

I think giving just a button to but seatbealt on.  Would help. 

Share this post


Link to post
Drex

It's not possible to put seatbelt on whilst restrained or downed, yet the beeping goes on, also if you bleed out in a car the 'no seatbelt' indicator persists over to your next life and doesn't stop until you enter a vehicle and put seatbelt on again.

In my opinion, the seatbelt feature seem incomplete, somewhat flawed and should be temporarily disabled/changed* until it's better optimized.

*remove the audio indication for no seatbelt.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
SI Ali Barber
11 hours ago, Drex said:

It's not possible to put seatbelt on whilst restrained or downed, yet the beeping goes on, also if you bleed out in a car the 'no seatbelt' indicator persists over to your next life and doesn't stop until you enter a vehicle and put seatbelt on again.

In my opinion, the seatbelt feature seem incomplete, somewhat flawed and should be temporarily disabled/changed* until it's better optimized.

 

Im assuming there will be a few bug fixes and patches regarding the seatbelt system as there usually is with any new implementation, just have to get used to the crazy beeps for the next few days.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
GREENY

With regards to the last update and hotfix on the altis server Posted Wednesday at 03:48  , When selling potatoes the price has almost halved is this something that has happened by mistake as there is nothing in the release notes about this or is this going to be permanent. sorry if this is posted in the wrong place 

@sciencefreak74 @Jaffa

 

  • Like 5
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Eemil

Why can't Poseidon access garages no more? Is this a bug or whatsup? It's kinda unfair now how Poseidon can only pull out vehicles from Poseidon base when Police have Kavala, Agios, Athira and NPAS. Now if you are in Kavala as Poseidon and you wanna pull out a helicopter you have to drive 20km to Poseidon base to pull out a helicopter.. whats the point in that? If that's the case then Poseidon needs more spawnpoints around the map... 

And why is there no longer skill points for selling gold? Do you get less money for selling gold now?

  • Like 5
  • Hype 2

Share this post


Link to post
Simon Ross
21 minutes ago, Eemil said:

Why can't Poseidon access garages no more? Is this a bug or whatsup? It's kinda unfair now how Poseidon can only pull out vehicles from Poseidon base when Police have Kavala, Agios, Athira and NPAS. Now if you are in Kavala as Poseidon and you wanna pull out a helicopter you have to drive 20km to Poseidon base to pull out a helicopter.. whats the point in that? If that's the case then Poseidon needs more spawnpoints around the map... 

And why is there no longer skill points for selling gold? Do you get less money for selling gold now?

I would hope that this is a bug and not intentional as this is not noted in the changelog anywhere, and it really fucks us over as a whole. Hopefully there is a hotfix so we can actually do things around the map once more.

Another issue is if you have NLR from base we cannot get Helicopters period until that NLR is up - which really fucks us over.

  • Like 1
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
MacDonald

With absolutely no rebel updates before the release of fiveM. i think its the end. We've been asking for more shit to do, more things for viper etc for months, but nothing came. So people got bored and dont play. Now that FiveM is out and has split the community this will affect the playerbase even more. You wont be getting new players because they will join the servers with higher populations. If nothing is done quickly this might be irreversible. We appreciate the work the dev team does but sadly its too little too late. 

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
Eemil

Poseidon needs more spawnpoints/compounds around the map or just make Poseidon able to guy garages/civ houses

  • Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Wilco

Poseidon would of had a lovely new base in this update that was approved in community corner but never sent, I chased it up the other day and still not received. 

Oh Macdonald has spoken and thinks its too late, so were closing the server... sorry everyone! one day we will see something positive from you... when it happens i am throwing a party 

As for waiting for this waiting for that... go read yesterdays changelog... notice something ? Come back to me when you have noticed it.

  • Like 1
  • Feelsbadman 1

Share this post


Link to post
DemonPuppy
15 minutes ago, Wilco said:

Poseidon would of had a lovely new base in this update that was approved in community corner but never sent, I chased it up the other day and still not received. 

Oh Macdonald has spoken and thinks its too late, so were closing the server... sorry everyone! one day we will see something positive from you... when it happens i am throwing a party 

As for waiting for this waiting for that... go read yesterdays changelog... notice something ? Come back to me when you have noticed it.

So I had a looked at the changelog from yesterday, again like McDonald said little to nothing for rebels...

Well I guess I should come back to you now?

Share this post


Link to post
Wilco

No look harder! really dig deep, question why there might be no really big updates then come back to me hopefully with an apology for someone for having to read this utter bollocks every time he gives up his free time to provide fixes for everyone, to progress the server.

ungrateful

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
DemonPuppy
3 minutes ago, Wilco said:

No look harder! really dig deep, question why there might be no really big updates then come back to me hopefully with an apology for someone for having to read this utter bollocks every time he gives up his free time to provide fixes for everyone, to progress the server.

ungrateful

I don't think you understand what was wrote

Like McDonald said we appreciate what the Dev team is doing no doubt they work hard for every update but rebels doesn't seem to get anything

It's not about being ungrateful, it's us asking for an update for the rebels.

 

  • Like 4
  • Facepalm 2

Share this post


Link to post
Stubley

im gonna guess that everything or mostly everything was done by jaffa

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
DemonPuppy
2 minutes ago, Stubley said:

im gonna guess that everything or mostly everything was done by jaffa

 

Well you aint wrong!

Share this post


Link to post
Wilco
6 minutes ago, Stubley said:

im gonna guess that everything or mostly everything was done by jaffa

Spot on! At this moment in time we have 1 active full DEV for Arma 3

So have a little more patience, I don't want to see negative posts regarding updates that for the overall server, improve it

Just because you didn't get something you wanted this time doesn't mean you need to come here calling things dead on a thread that active dev reads daily.. Do you want him to just call it a day ? 

I think for some of you, Arma3, Altis is done... time to move on and let other people enjoy it.

  • Like 4
  • Feelsbadman 1

Share this post


Link to post
A A R O N

I mean people shouldnt be taking it personally, people are here trying to give feedbacks so let them give their feedbacks and their thoughts... like jesus

  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Serafin Jamal
8 minutes ago, Wilco said:

Spot on! At this moment in time we have 1 active full DEV for Arma 3

So have a little more patience, I don't want to see negative posts regarding updates that for the overall server, improve it

Just because you didn't get something you wanted this time doesn't mean you need to come here calling things dead on a thread that active dev reads daily.. Do you want him to just call it a day ? 

I think for some of you, Arma3, Altis is done... time to move on and let other people enjoy it.

Do DEV's getting payed for developing this server? Just out of ciriousity, cause if they don't it wouldnt be a big suprise for us

  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 2

Share this post


Link to post
Wilco
3 minutes ago, A A R O N said:

I mean people shouldnt be taking it personally, people are here trying to give feedbacks so let them give their feedbacks and their thoughts... like jesus

There is constructive feedback and theirs moaning

@Serafin Jamal paid by whom from what funds ? every position in this community is voluntary 

However if you wish to pay our DEV's to give up there IRL time rather than code for us in our free time be my guest the community would be extremely grateful to you!, it ill prewarn you it wont be cheap!

Share this post


Link to post
Wilco

@Serafin Jamal monthly donations are used to pay for the servers as advertised when people donate, In the past where someone has done a massive chargeback i have funded the shortfall (used to be very common) some months we hit it some we don't never moaned about it or threatened shutdown like other places!

We certainly do not use funds what people donated them for like for example paying people! (not that we could afford them)

Now in terms of how paying Jaffa I would like to know how that would aid things seeing hes very busy IRL.... Say if he did have time to free up i reckon low low end £50 per hour (might even be an insult to him - you will need to ask him I know some other devs would laugh at you unfortunately)

So be very grateful we have talented people giving up there free time outside there busy lifes for you! There not kids coming home from school these are adults, same goes for the rest of our staff team.

EDIT.... Candy or a Ice cream, Ok now your taking the piss and I am happy to say and there is no polite way in saying this.... fuck off!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Hype 1
  • PagChomp 2
  • Vladic 1

Share this post


Link to post
MacDonald

@Wilco It seems you have taken my point as a dig at Jaffas work. It absolutely isnt. 

Jaffa, as the only major dev. Has given hours upon hours of his free time to improve the server which we get to play on for free. And for that I am hugely grateful. He benefits nothing from it apart from our appreciation. And the recent fixes and changes, especially those to the medical system, have been great. I couldnt do what he does and i dont think most of us can.

However. My point is that fiveM really should have been delayed until major improvements to the arma server had been made. Specifically to rebel life in order to give the server a much needed boost of excitement.

Rebel life is the keystone to the server. With no rebels, civilians have nothing to work towards, Police have nobody to deal with and poseidon have nobody to interact with in their lands. Shot  Rebels also count for a large portion of NHS patients.

I do seem to be negative all the time. But thats just because I love this server and want it to stay around as long as possible. Issues need to be addressed. 

I know Jaffa cant "fix" rebel overnight. Its a gradual process, but I think splitting the community before doing so isnt a great move. But only time will tell. GTA might even bring people to arma, who knows.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Valen Bell
8 minutes ago, MacDonald said:

@Wilco It seems you have taken my point as a dig at Jaffas work. It absolutely isnt. 

Jaffa, as the only major dev. Has given hours upon hours of his free time to improve the server which we get to play on for free. And for that I am hugely grateful. He benefits nothing from it apart from our appreciation. And the recent fixes and changes, especially those to the medical system, have been great. I couldnt do what he does and i dont think most of us can.

However. My point is that fiveM really should have been delayed until major improvements to the arma server had been made. Specifically to rebel life in order to give the server a much needed boost of excitement.

Rebel life is the keystone to the server. With no rebels, Police have nobody to deal with and poseidon have nobody to interact with in their lands. Shot  Rebels also count for a large portion of NHS patients.

I do seem to be negative all the time. But thats just because I love this server and want it to stay around as long as possible. Issues need to be addressed. 

I know Jaffa cant "fix" rebel overnight. Its a gradual process, but I think splitting the community before doing so isnt a great move. But only time will tell. GTA might even bring people to arma, who knows.

I am quite curious about your point regarding "Delaying FiveM", as the answer would help make things clear to others on how you are a user percieve development in the community. How exactly do you believe, yourself that is, that delaying anything to do with FiveM would assist with development within another platform?

If anyone else would like to chip in their own understanding it may help make clear where there are mis-communications or were false beliefs/understandings are being spread from and otherwise allow a proper statement that address it in a more understandable fashion to others.

Share this post


Link to post
Wilco

No i haven't taken it has a "dig" I ve taken it has another negative reaction after someone has given up there free time to improve our server.

You are only saying that now you have been called out, Jaffa has already said to me there isn't much thanks in this community in the past, that winds me up because most of us are really thankful! all those thousands of hours enjoyed from this server from his work and guess what he and other devs see.... people like you moaning about the update in an non constructive way, You didn't even start your post tonight" Thanks for the update team, really good work... however can we do xyz etc etc"

Not sure how delaying FiveM to wait for Jaffa to do "major improvements" as you put it would of helped ? I am sure Steathee wouldn't of been pleased after the months of work he has put into getting FiveM ready, In terms of "major improvements" to the server your talking about just rebel right?

Rebel life... bloody hell! your joking ? The police wouldn't have anything to do?

I am done here...I suggest improving the way you approach things and ill repay it with the way i reply to you in future.

 P.S to squash any misconceptions Steathee doesn't code SQF (Arma!) so telling him not to release GTA wouldn't speed up any ARMA 3 "major improvements" from Jaffa 

 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Ji the Pillager

Welp... on a positive note the server performance has seemingly been getting a lot better recently. Not as much people flying through buildings anymore and cars flying back and forth now 🙂

  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
MacDonald
17 minutes ago, Valen Bell said:

I am quite curious about your point regarding "Delaying FiveM", as the answer would help make things clear to others on how you are a user percieve development in the community. How exactly do you believe, yourself that is, that delaying anything to do with FiveM would assist with development within another platform?

I am fully aware of the development processes between the two projects. Each having their respective lead devs who code in different languages.

My point has nothing to do with resource allocation or whatever, but more with timing.

Say you had a shop. And it had a department that was pretty run down and not at its best. But you were also planning to introduce a sparkly new department. 

Would you

A) Build the sparkly new department but keep the old department in shambles, moving all the customers into that new department and leaving the old one useless.

B) Build the new department then improve the old one, leaving the people who used the old department dissapointed and also giving the new customers attracted to the new department a worse impression of the shop because they see the run down area which they will be less likely to use.

Or

C) improve the old section, pleasing existing customers and bringing in new customers. Then building the new department. Which will attract even more customers who may decide they like the upgraded old department aswell.

14 minutes ago, Wilco said:

I suggest improving the way you approach things and ill repay it with the way i reply to 

 

I will take that onboard.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
TinyBigJacko
30 minutes ago, MacDonald said:

However. My point is that fiveM really should have been delayed until major improvements to the arma server had been made.

Would've been a totally pointless exercise.

Speaking for myself, I'm pretty much 'over' ARMA and won't be developing for it again, but GTAV, yes, I'm up for that in a big way. Those who've known my involvement in AltisLife over the years know only too well my distaste for some of ARMA's inherent engine and animation limitations, which will never be solved unless Bohemia does something incredible. Not going to say I'll never code any ARMA SQF again, but it won't be for ARMA3, for sure.

So... basically the outcome of your 'delay FiveM until ARMA = sexy again' idea would've been that I would have continued to sit on my thumbs, albeit happy and grateful that people like Jaffa have been kind enough to take the reins and make huge improvements to the epic beast that Tonic, myself, Ciaran and DJHolyChirst left behind.

How exactly would that help AltisLife? There'd be no overall change in the number of available, skilled devs with the ability to improve AltisLife.

And how would that have impacted on the chance for the RPUK Community to extend its reach into arenas that we've wanted to develop RP for, for several years, but not had sufficient opportunity - usually because the devs who were capable of such exploration were tied up on AltisLife until they dropped or went mental (I'll let you decide for yourself which category I was in).

We have 'spare capacity' as well as willpower, desire and skillset, to explore FiveM - and that resource simply doesn't exist for AltisLife in such quantity anymore. That is life. Of course, we're still open to new dev applications (for all our game formats), but the same factor will always be true:

Free developers will always give their time freely, on their own terms, on the projects that they want to work on.

Nobody here is a slave, nobody here gets paid. We do it for love. And sometimes despite the lack of it. 

  • Like 4
  • Love 4
  • Feelsbadman 1

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×