What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here Less than 10 left!

What to say to 999 (In-Game Emergency Call)

Rewan

Greetings fellow Island Inhabitants

This post is directed to the proper interaction between players and the Emergency services. ​

There are to many messages being send to the emergency services are that are so unhelpful they are considers "spam"​

Calls like: "HELP NOW" to the NHS with hidden cords or "i was robed" to the police and things like that ​

let's take a look at how Emergency calls are suppose to be placed​

​

Lets Start:

​

If you make a IRL emergency call, the operator on the line will ask you a very specific set of questions. there questions vary deepening on:

what country you life in,  if your country has a emergency number that leads to all emergency services or just to one, what the caller is calling in.

these questions can be directly translated / used for our RP purposes.

These Basic questions are:

1) What happened? 

This question is to gain the essential information about why you call. The answer will paint a picture about what to expect for the first responders. 

Are you calling in a Road Traffic Collision? Shooting? Robbery? Hit and Run? what you call in sets up the rest of the call/text.

2) Who in involved? 

Victim: the individual that has been wronged in the eyes of the law.

Patient: individual that is hurt

Suspect: detailed description of suspect and suspect vehicle and direction of travel (name only if obtained in RP!!)

3) Where did it take place?

Detailed description of the place that the indecent happened. meaning landmarks (City's, Petrol stations, Processors, etc.) AND grid cords.

Landmarks are extremely helpful and fast because the responding Officers / Medics don't have to look up the cords and can start making straight to the landmark and when you need help you need it now.

4) When did it take place?

Not a question that is to be overlooked!

example 1: if you were robbed but you are calling it in 5 minutes after the robbery the robber can be far away by now and that information is important to the Police.

example 2: you found a car accident and are calling it in with the time that it happened (say 2 minutes ago). the medics now have a good idea about the patient blood level.

5) why did it take place?

Example for answers: lost control over car, patient who had noting to drink for a while, etc.

Let's make some Example Calls to the Police and NHS

​

call 1 to Police:

I have just been robed at gunpoint near the Kavala garage under the yellow crane. The robber was wearing: a green shirt, blue pants, a olive cap, carry all, green NVG's and red sunglasses. he drove of towards the apple trees in a red SUV. he has a ACP-C2 .45 pistole. i am waiting under the crane at the road. 

- now the police know all the essential information they need to find you and the suspect. Further more all officers on the way to you can look out for the suspect.

Call 2 to NHS

We just found a car crash between the H.M. Treasury and devils bend. one guy is bleeding since 4 minutes and he's not looking to good. my friend gave him a blood bag. We will wait for you. Hurry we don't have more meds and he is bleeding fast!

- the medic that reads this call now knows were it happened and that you have given him blood but that he is close to dying. 

Call 3 to Police

there is a guy in at the Athira garage in a blue and white shirt and white shorts that is urinating on ppl and calling them names. a guy in a green ghillie suit is threatening to shoot him. come quick I think he will do it.

second text to police:

update: they guy at the Athira garage has just been shot by the guy in the ghillie suit. he is in a Hemmit box. He said he is going to do some iron. I will follow in a Black SUV and update on his location. please advice if you are responding.

- the Police know what happened and that you will guide them to the suspect.

Call 4 to NHS:

My friend XYZ (insert ingame name*) has just been shot. I am driving him from Kora Fuel to Kavala hospital. It's not looking good. Please be at the Hospital.

- The medic now knows that the patient on the map by the name of XYZ* is being delivered to Kavala hospital and that he can stand by there and doesn't need to drive to him. *The Ingame name is very Important so that the medic knows what maker on the map to Ignore until the maker is in the hospital.

A few things to remember:

-When you place a Emergency call you are still in a RP situation your Charter is calling the Emergency services.

-Be as precise as you can but don't write a novel.

-ONE text per indecent AND involved Person is enough! If you send more then one or try to "bump" your call it may hurt your chances of getting help fast.

​

​

​

​

I hope that some new guys and old RP Pros can take something away from this.

At the end don't be that guy that sends "man down" or "help police" with hidden cords.

AND you know now how to place a real life 999 call!

​

Good day and have fun on the Island 

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice post !

However sometimes it's a little bit hard to remember everything on a sitution and just the location of the situation is sometimes hard for me to tell.

But indeed you're right , that's a good post , i'll remember it !

Nice post !

However sometimes it's a little bit hard to remember everything on a sitution and just the location of the situation is sometimes hard for me to tell.

But indeed you're right , that's a good post , i'll remember it !
well then. my time was spend well :D  thank you sir^^

+1 its tiring just seeing HELP ME on dispatches without any info. All we get is a grid ref and we have to spend some time finding the exact location and by the time we get there the situation is over.

Excellent. I really hope people start to do this. 

If only there was a crime in the wanted list database for wasting police time... I'd use it 👿

Excellent. I really hope people start to do this. 

If only there was a crime in the wanted list database for wasting police time... I'd use it 
1f47f.png
well in IRL there is such laws..... but i would think that the police has quite a big work load already. and chasing after dispatch spammers and not murderers and drug lords might be counter productive to the island. :) 

and you know ... educate first prosecute later ...

what would be cool would be a button that sends a scrip message with "hey your dispatch was spam please look on this post and try again" ^^

well in IRL there is such laws..... but i would think that the police has quite a big work load already. and chasing after dispatch spammers and not murderers and drug lords might be counter productive to the island. :) 

and you know ... educate first prosecute later ...

what would be cool would be a button that sends a scrip message with "hey your dispatch was spam please look on this post and try again" ^^
I was joking but.......

Hypothetically, if someone was added to the wanted list for this, it wouldn't be the case of the police taking time to hunt him down, rather, most likely cops would ANPR the person at a later date. 

I wouldn't say we should always focus on big crime. We're always looking for opportunities to RP with people. This would be a good one.

Hypothetically, if someone was added to the wanted list for this, 
do you think it's a good enough thing to add to the wanted system? i'm not a police officer so i can't tell if that would be used at all if it was to be put in game.

also spam calls that go to the NHS can't be added by NHS personal. there would be a need to let them report the crime as well.

in any case it was your idea so if you want put that up to the suggestions go a head. don't want to seal you thunder inspector :)

Pushed in to guides.

THANK YOU! About time someone written something like this! :)

@CSI Xsum thank you! and what ever i can do to help. :)  is the post good / understandable enough? i mean ... must be a load of grammar mistakes in there

@CSI Xsum thank you! and what ever i can do to help. :)  is the post good / understandable enough? i mean ... must be a load of grammar mistakes in there
Get someone to look at it!

There is a lot of people using the 999 the wrong way - and it's annoying! We would love to use the 999 system a lot more - we even have a dispatch crew ready ;).

Wonderful @Rewan :D ! Don't you think so @Nosey, hopefully some hobos sees this and wont be like "Medic help, friend is bleeding out" 
Yeah! Great guide for people who are not sure what to write in their message. I'd love to see more messages of someone who merged into a road sign at the HM 🙃

Back