What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here 5 left!

No Message Recieved

Saul Goodman

Server 1 Enthusiast
Lifetime Donator
Just more or less starting today I'm getting no message received after playing in-game for like 5-10 minutes and then disconnecting from TS while still being connected to the internet and being able to use the internet fine. Can't put my finger on what's causing it other than the issues with Virgin Media the other day.

Well if 3 guys with the same broadband got the problem and no one else got it then it is probably your broadband "Virgin media" In this case.

too right, cant wait to switch to VM. They're in the process of digging near me to lay cable.
Virgin Media are spot on for their internet, especially some of the packages they offer compared to BT and other various ISP's

too right, cant wait to switch to VM. They're in the process of digging near me to lay cable.
Virgin Media are spot on for their internet, especially some of the packages they offer compared to BT and other various ISP's

Yeah I had the mwhen i was a student and 50mbit was their top service, and i was amazed that 50meg meant 50meg, none of this 'up to' shit. Now I have 70meg vdsl but I only get around 40-50 max. 200meg is going to be insane, and wont cost me any more than i currently pay really.

I have noticed issue's with Virgin (I am not a customer) that have forever put me off. Their aggressive packet shaping and throttling regardless of availability and they claimed that the package that used was not throttled in any way on their site, so basically lying through their teeth. :( 

Although This is based on connections down south, up north it may be less/none of an issue, as @CMO Marc Smith has not experienced similar issues.

Also the tie in to their hardware :/ I can understand why, but I don't see why you're not allowed to just use CE certified hardware, Vodafone are just as bad on this score (along with atrocious internet service and technical support).

Case in point, Somebody wanted to watch my stream so i used twitch (although mainstream twitchers were fine), it was constantly buffering on their connection (even on 480p without audio) anybody on BT or otherwise had no issue. They switch to Steam Streaming (it was fresh out of the box 1 month or so) and they were able to watch a 1080p stream without any issue's, and that if they downloaded any large games during peak hours their speed was cut in half, and if they continued it was cut to a quarter speed.

So if you don't mind Virgin deciding what content you can watch if they determine it as important enough go enjoy :) but be forewarned.

In regards to the complaint from OP about outage, this can happen to any provider though, another case in point, two of my mates lost connection at the same time to R6S and TS for 10 min last night, both are on BT.

I have noticed issue's with Virgin (I am not a customer) that have forever put me off. Their aggressive packet shaping and throttling regardless of availability and they claimed that the package that used was not throttled in any way on their site, so basically lying through their teeth. :( 

Although This is based on connections down south, up north it may be less/none of an issue, as @CMO Marc Smith has not experienced similar issues.

Also the tie in to their hardware :/ I can understand why, but I don't see why you're not allowed to just use CE certified hardware, Vodafone are just as bad on this score (along with atrocious internet service and technical support).

Case in point, Somebody wanted to watch my stream so i used twitch (although mainstream twitchers were fine), it was constantly buffering on their connection (even on 480p without audio) anybody on BT or otherwise had no issue. They switch to Steam Streaming (it was fresh out of the box 1 month or so) and they were able to watch a 1080p stream without any issue's, and that if they downloaded any large games during peak hours their speed was cut in half, and if they continued it was cut to a quarter speed.

So if you don't mind Virgin deciding what content you can watch if they determine it as important enough go enjoy :) but be forewarned.

In regards to the complaint from OP about outage, this can happen to any provider though, another case in point, two of my mates lost connection at the same time to R6S and TS for 10 min last night, both are on BT.
only real bad experience I had with VM was when we took the mick to see just how unlimited 'unlimited' really is. Turns out at around 950gig uploaded / 900 Gig downlaoded in 30 days, they will investigate the usage. I explained that in a student house of 6 people, 5 gig a day wasnt a whole lot and they turned it back on. Guy did congratulate me for transferring more upstream than down. 

The way they work their hardware and network is funny, at least over here in NI. Customers are/were identified by MAC. No two same macs can be on the same segment. When I moved into that house there was an old vm modem etc sitting there and since i ordered the service before moving in i wonderd if like DSL, it'd be on on the line and would work (I didnt know how the cable network actually operated at this point) so i plugged in the modem and lo and behold i had a 10meg connection, though i'd ordered 20. Day of activation came and new modem etc showed up, it went to 20 megs. But the 10meg one just kept working. So I disconnected the TV feed and stuck the 10meg on that and run it up to my room and left everyone else on the 20 meg. Uppa Cable.

only real bad experience I had with VM was when we took the mick to see just how unlimited 'unlimited' really is. Turns out at around 950gig uploaded / 900 Gig downlaoded in 30 days, they will investigate the usage. I explained that in a student house of 6 people, 5 gig a day wasnt a whole lot and they turned it back on. Guy did congratulate me for transferring more upstream than down.
Lol Did a terrabyte over a weekend at the LANBQ can't remember what the upload was, but it wasn't a terrabyte.
No throttling and no service discontinued it carried on as if nothing happened, I use on average 30 - 60 gig a week for a family of 5, but sometimes that can peak higher 100Gig.

Example last 6 days have downloaded 164GB and uploaded 17GB, but I havn't been on a lot lately.

BT > Virgin

Back