What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here 5 left!

Shooting Tires

Is shooting tires a threat to life?

• Total voters
People are worthless shooters so i would say yes, if someone shooting my tires i lit them up.

No.

If someone shoots your tires there's prob a reason for it, No one reasonable would pick up a gun and shoot someone straight up without asking wtf that was all about (IRL).

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it is a threat. At the end of the day they are shooting a LETHAL weapon at your direction. Bullets can be missed and potentially kill you instead of hitting the tires.

If someone shoots my tires I would have every right to defend myself. 

if someone shoots at my car how am i to know if there trying to kill me or not , so i would get out and shoot back so a yes from me

True but arguable if someone is stood there shooting at my vehicle, I wouldn't really want to stand there and ask questions (IRL). However you could get more roleplay in game by asking why they are shooting at you.

70% of the time the bullet ends up hitting you, therefore you should be allowed to shoot back as there is a possibility you could die.

To make it simple

If you shoot at me i will take that as a threat to my life, realistically i have no way of knowing you are actually trying to disable my tires or blow my brains out.

A common occurrence that seems to happen, if your tires get lit up and then you hop out with a gun, they just shoot you down no question. We should be allowed to shoot back as it is a threat to life, they are obviously not wanting to invite you over for tea if they are shooting at your car

To the bullets that do not hit the tyres
and hit the driver..... well I'm just saying regardless I'm going to be defending myself in that situation.
Because realistically here, if someone was to shoot at your car in real life, and you had a weapon to defend yourself 
than you would use that and defend your life.
Its only a normal thing to do in a situation like that if you are equipped with a weapon.

-My Opinion-

If someone with a gun shouts at me he's gonna shoot my tires and proceeds to actually do so, IRL I'd freak the fuck out. But since this is Roleplay, I'm not myself. The role I have taken on is one of someone who also has a gun and is not afraid to use it.. So yeah, if someone shoots my tires, I'll assume he wants something off me and it won't be asking my number for a date. So I'd most likely try and get out, take cover and light the fucker up.

Rulewise, this could be very simple. If someone initiates on your tires or shoots them after doing so, you are entitled to try and shoot back but as soon as you do, the other side should also be entitled to change from directing fire to your tires to directing it to your face. If you decide not to shoot back, the RP can evolve as it would do with a unarmed driver having his tires shot out, with being captured, kidnapped, robbed or whatever.

A threat to tyres is a threat to the vehicles occupants in my opinion. The player shooting could be the best or worst shot at the game and still end up killing the people in the vehicle. When the player gets out and shooting the people shooting them and they claim 'RDM RDM HE RDM!' they need to see it from a realistic perspective.

To the bullets that do not hit the tyres
and hit the driver..... well I'm just saying regardless I'm going to be defending myself in that situation.
Because realistically here, if someone was to shoot at your car in real life, and you had a weapon to defend yourself 
than you would use that and defend your life.
Its only a normal thing to do in a situation like that if you are equipped with a weapon.

-My Opinion-
Bigger font? More colours please. I expect more from you.

If police start shooting at my tires, I usually return the favour and shoot out the tires of any police vehicles following me (seems fair right?). The Sad thing with this though, 9/10 they interpret that as me trying to kill them and so they respond to that by trying to kill me. Not really much you can do about this though, not anyone's fault.

It seems to be that shooting back is the clear winner and favoured option. 

I suggest people, especially police, to use spike strips more often. Having a chase can be quite fun, so shooting tires is probably not the way forward.

Personally I believe that shooting tires is a way to initiate roleplay.

i think the risk is on the initiator, where if they kill the occupant; compensation should be automatic.

however I don't think shooting back is acceptable as more often or not, people use it as an excuse to return and kill people once they're already away, free and safe. If you feared for your life so much, you wouldn't feel the need to stop your vehicle and return fire.

The times we've had the police warning someone verbally "Stop the vehicle or the tires will be shot!" when people attempt to flee from the Police in a HEMMT orso driving offroad, avoiding all spikes and 3 minutes later we begin opening fire on the tires of the HEMMT (to disable and make it unable to move so we can roleplay with the occupant) only to have his sniper buddies instantly firing on the cops and killing most of us is very poor roleplay it's just used as like @YoCo said as an excuse to kill everyone and get off with it easily. It's not difficult to just shoot back imidiatly there's no form of quality interaction with one another. I agree cops can be very powerhungry at times and sometimes rebels are afraid of losing their gear or narcotics but it's still a bit of a douche move. And you could with very little effort roleplay out of such a situation, but reaching for the gun is just a more solid and quick alternative.

Back