What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here Less than 10 left!

Prison

Daniel 2sec

I am not sure where to post this, but it is a really important topic.

The topic is the prison. At the moment, police is able to send people to prison for 45 minutes. However, the police is not staying there to roleplay, nor you can break out someone from prison. It is really boring to sit inside of the prison and do nothing at all. All you can do at the prison is stand around. 

So I would really like to see a rule set up, which will force the police to stay inside of the prison and roleplay with us, when they put us in for more then 20 minutes. Sure they need to go to another situation, but this is a game. We are all playing it to have fun. I think nobody is playing it to stand inside of a small area, without the ability to escape nor to speak to anybody. Sure there has to be a risk, if you do illegal things. But the risk should not be to be inside of the prison, just to do nothing. 

I think this is a big issue, as this is a roleplay community. And roleplay should surely not be like this. Roleplay should make fun for everybody, even if you kill cops or anything else. At the end this is a game and killing someone shouldn't lead to nothing, but it should lead to amazing roleplay. The cops at the prison could force the prisoner to do thing, they might be angry in roleplay as their friends got killed and force the prisoner to do "bad" things. I see this as an opportunity. I hope this post can change the way of roleplay to something better.

Yeah good post, UNMC always stay and RP with their prisoners but the Police..they dumped you in the prison for 45 minutes and just leave you like what am I supposed to do? Look at the screen for 45 minutes and do nothing?

Plus 45 minutes is just too much I think because its a game at the end of the day, don't have to be too serious and plus in real life there are actually prison guards guarding the prison and not just inmates..

Havent been to prison for that long yet but it honestly sounds ridiculous.

Why should a bunch of people take up server slots beeing forced to go AFK in prison for almost an hour, probably watching YouTube or walking their dog?

If cops were to stay and RP it would be fine by me.

@Daniel 2sec  Hmm intresting post but i can see any police officer staying in a prision for 45 mins to be honest :/
When we are supposed to stay they at the prison for an insane amount of time, then why shouldn't you be able to do the same? As I said we are playing this to have fun and not to stand around for 45 mins without roleplay.

Havent been to prison for that long yet but it honestly sounds ridiculous.

Why should a bunch of people take up server slots beeing forced to go AFK in prison for almost an hour, probably watching YouTube or walking their dog?

If cops were to stay and RP it would be fine by me.
well when i got sent to prison i went and played  a game of league of legends because let's be honest, i ain't sitting around for 45mins waiting to get out of prison

Do the crime, do the time.. it's not meant to be enjoyable, I do see your point tho and when I personally deal with prisoners depending on the crime I rp ways in which they can pay the government a large fine or go to prison, cause as you say people just go afk anyway.

Do the crime, do the time.. it's not meant to be enjoyable, I do see your point tho and when I personally deal with prisoners depending on the crime I rp ways in which they can pay the government a large fine or go to prison, cause as you say people just go afk anyway.
It is a game, doing illegal things should be risky, Yes! But the risk shouldn't be "sit in the prison for 45 mins and do nothing", it should be something better, something in roleplay.

I think this is a big issue, as this is a roleplay community. And roleplay should surely not be like this. Roleplay should make fun for everybody, even if you kill cops or anything else. At the end this is a game and killing someone shouldn't lead to nothing, but it should lead to amazing roleplay. The cops at the prison could force the prisoner to do thing, they might be angry in roleplay as their friends got killed and force the prisoner to do "bad" things. I see this as an opportunity. I hope this post can change the way of roleplay to something better.
No one is here to ruin anyone's fun. Everything thats done has an RP reason behind it so so should the prison. And you should RP with people if yhey're in the prison for that long. You are just ruining someone's fun by doing that I personally think the only reason you should send anyone to prison for that long is if hes broken a rule and there arent any admins to ban him at the time...

To add to that It should be A CLEAR rulebreak not a mhh this is kinda grey area or a really short accidental rp break more like Mass RDM/VDM no talking just killing kinda thing. Or calling someone a racial slur stuff like that

Ok i get your point Daniel 45 mins and no role play is kinda boring i have experiance of 4hours no role play (it was really boring).There is way make this work (new prison system) just make prison unit that stay at prison and when there is no one quard they can go on normal patrol.It would bring more role play and even mayby If you take police quard hostage, Officer can make him let go prison or something like that. Its just idea

90% of the time people in prison for 45 minutes is usually because they didn't roleplay back with the officer and mostly being a bit tough to deal with. Plus prison shouldn't be rewarding for the prisoner, we shouldn't have to force an officer to stand around with you for 45 minutes while you watch youtube videos or do other tasks.

Yeah good post, UNMC always stay and RP with their prisoners but the Police..they dumped you in the prison for 45 minutes and just leave you like what am I supposed to do? Look at the screen for 45 minutes and do nothing?
Correct me if I am wrong but I don't believe UNMC talk to you for the full 45 minutes straight. I think the conversation would run a bit dry.

With the current prison layout this suggestion is not possible. Cannot really compare police and unmc currently with this as the whole location and style of the prison is totally different.

Police to be able to pull something like this off would need a complete remake of the current prison system. Couble ideas: 

Move prison closer to kavala. Stadium? If the prison instead of jails would be used then there would need to be actual prison guards around. Also the layout of the prison should be open so that police can rp with the prisoner more easily. Currently the place is really closed and we cant get close to the "main" area.

90% of the time people in prison for 45 minutes is usually because they didn't roleplay back with the officer and mostly being a bit tough to deal with. Plus prison shouldn't be rewarding for the prisoner, we shouldn't have to force an officer to stand around with you for 45 minutes while you watch youtube videos or do other tasks.

Correct me if I am wrong but I don't believe UNMC talk to you for the full 45 minutes straight. I think the conversation would run a bit dry.
They may not do so for the full 45 minutes but at least they have the decency as a whitelisted faction to actually interact with the prisoners unlike Police who is also supposed to be a whitelisted faction, dumps you in for 45 minutes and leave you at that. 

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

"Prison shouldn't be rewarding for the prisoner"? This is a roleplay server. It also is a game. It should make fun for everybody. I was already sent to prison for shooting cops. I agree prison shouldn't reward me, but it also shouldn't make me stand in a room for 45 mins. 

I understand, if criminals (in real life) are going to prison for a long time after doing something bad. But a game should be anjoyable for everybody. 

"He killed a cop force him to stand there for 30mins+" if you think this is okay, then I don't understand why you are playing games. This is a fair roleplay server, that tries to seek good gameplay and fun for everybody.

I completely agree. I completely understand that you risk time in prison because you've done something wrong but forcing someone to sit in isolation in a prison for 45 minutes without any possibility of escape is really not enjoyable for anyone to experience. 

If cops are willing to want to put someone away for 45 minutes then that guy has surely done something that is past the point of compression, correct? Well if this is the case, then it would be fair to assume the cop(s) would make sure he stays in prison for the duration of said time.

Ok, i will try and put this one to rest. This server is a RP server, simply putting someone in prison for 45 minutes and leaving them there is not RP by any means. Even if you want to say "Oh but realistically police would not wait 45 minutes in real life" Well no, but in real life you would have prison wardens/guards. In simple, if you don't want to RP with a prisoner for 45 minutes, then lower the prison time. If the prisoner is abusive, prickish and not role playing, then simply leave. But to leave someone in jail for 45 minutes without any type of RP is wrong. Maybe the dev team could implement a "Bail system" where you can pay a massive fine to get bailed out of jail.

Back