What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Police seems useless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vind Grizzly

Hi, guys!

In these days I am thinking that police is useless.
Officers stay all the day into Kavala and they patrol Pyrgos and Athira rarely.

I feel so tired every time I go to diamond shop and I find 3 or 4 people robbing hobos and all the police is into Kavala.
I can understand that Kavala is tha capital of Altis, but it is stressful when I see 30 officers online and no one patrolling roads and cities out of Kavala.

I think cops must be distributed and obliged to spawn in the city to which they are assigned or to patrol the way they were assigned.

Yesterday 7/8 officers were talking at the Altis metal export and 300 meters far away somebody was shooting a poor hobo. I hope this stressful situation will end.

Have you tried reporting the crimes to the police via the phone? Most people don't realize that there are usually 10-20 cops on during peak times, while there are usually 90-100 civilians/rebels. We try to attend to every single robbery and problem but its virtually impossible to respond to every call. Usually robberies require multiple officers and hundreds of robberies occur in a short amount of time. You could always apply to become an office and help us stop the crimes on altis!

https://www.roleplay.co.uk/forms/5-altis-police-application/

Ok we're useless then. Not as if NCA recovers 10's of 100's of millions worth of drugs and weapons per month. Then there's AR, the rest of the Police Force. But oh yeah I forgot we're useless. If you want to see how things actually are well then go ahead and join us. About people only patrolling Kavala, the Altis Police Force has recruited new members to the Sierra Oscar control room, therefore we aim to redirect officers to where they are needed rather than them twiddling their thumbs.

Here we have another tunnel visioned individual who cant see past the crack in his rear.

You need to open ur eyes if you think police are usless. Yeah they dont patrol the smaller cities as frequently, but thats because the crime rate in places such as Kavala are much higher. You have to understand that the police can only attend as much crime as there on duty officers can handle. The same as real life, crimes are committed that are not caught. Cant expect the police to be everywhere... 

The problem isnt with the Police as a whole.
The problem lies with this new attitude police has got, where tazing other officers and just messing about acting like rebels is the "cool" thing to do.
There is also more of a "We are outmanned and outgunned, lets not do anything". You're a police-officers, you are supposed to stop crime, and not fuck about tazing other officers all the time.

I dont think many police-officers understand how tazing other police-officers completely ruins any RP around the area.

Last edited by a moderator:
We are outmanned and outgunned, lets not do anything
It's usually we are 3 officers with no backup avalible, lets leave so we don't die / get taken hostage. 

Its better to leave an area that you're GOING to die in and respond to a different crime then to try and take on a big gang and get taken hostage.

Ok we're useless then. Not as if NCA recovers 10's of 100's of millions worth of drugs and weapons per month. Then there's AR, the rest of the Police Force. But oh yeah I forgot we're useless. If you want to see how things actually are well then go ahead and join us. About people only patrolling Kavala, the Altis Police Force has recruited new members to the Sierra Oscar control room, therefore we aim to redirect officers to where they are needed rather than them twiddling their thumbs.
why so triggered?

Have you tried reporting the crimes to the police via the phone? Most people don't realize that there are usually 10-20 cops on during peak times, while there are usually 90-100 civilians/rebels. We try to attend to every single robbery and problem but its virtually impossible to respond to every call. Usually robberies require multiple officers and hundreds of robberies occur in a short amount of time. You could always apply to become an office and help us stop the crimes on altis!

I report crime everytime on the phone.
Sometime I find police on the road while somebody is robbing me and officers just go away.

People think that Pyrgos and Athira are a playground and they are not scared about doing criminal things.

The problem isnt with the Police as a whole.
The problem lies with this new attitude police has got, where tazing other officers and just messing about acting like rebels is the "cool" thing to do.
There is also more of a "We are outmanned and outgunned, lets not do anything". You're a police-officers, you are supposed to stop crime, and not fuck about tazing other officers all the time.

I dont think many police-officers understand how tazing other police-officers completely ruins any RP around the area.

I see your point regarding officers tazing each other.

If it was done in a light and fun RP scenario I'd let it pass so long as it not done in a trolling manner. Aside from that, I agree there is no reason for officers to take each other without threat as it is just plainly unrealistic.

But regarding the question, I must say that, taking into consideration the police to civ ratio at peak times, and the sheer amount of criminals that make up that number of civilians, it's easy to miss many crimes through dispatch, but, like another officer said, Sierra Oscar aims to balance the spread of patrol cars and hopefully increase the efficiency of officers and dedicate their time to what matters; fighting crime and roleplaying. Instead of every police unit responding to the HM upon the sounds of the bell, the right amount will be chosen to step up and ensure that the rest of the island is not neglected.

Many officers have indeed picked up the mentality that they are ineffective against rebels, however, many guidelines and policy rules aim to combat this, such as not to patrol along/in two's and use comms and superiority in numbers to tip the advantage in their favour. 

Officers stay all the day into Kavala and they patrol Pyrgos and Athira rarely.
I can't speak for other constabularies, but  I can ensure you that myself and the rest of Athira command actively encourages our officers to patrol Athira and its surrounding area, we have been doing this for probably a year now, as well as teaching our officers to bide their time effectively and make the correct decisions to what they deem 'more important'.

Although comments above tell sides. Here is kind of the general sense.

Police will sometimes stop crime but are normally out gunned or can not do anything unless they have superior numbers or special units to handle situations. VIA phone texts are normally never looked at, but normally never responded to, since gunfights/hm's or drug busts are to often. Police are normally overwhelmed at times with these situations often requiring all units available. So please consider there not useless, but are often too busy or handling a high priority call.

Often on the other hand I'd recommend traveling in big groups or joining a gang. Sadly can not do solo diamond runs or that simply anymore as there high risk of being robbed, but its possible.

If you can though can try doing salt runs nearby UNMC get possible protection from robbers. Although I wouldn't really recommend due to UNMC and Police having a ongoing conflict.

I see your point regarding officers tazing each other.

If it was done in a light and fun RP scenario I'd let it pass so long as it not done in a trolling manner. Aside from that, I agree there is no reason for officers to take each other without threat as it is just plainly unrealistic.

But regarding the question, I must say that, taking into consideration the police to civ ratio at peak times, and the sheer amount of criminals that make up that number of civilians, it's easy to miss many crimes through dispatch, but, like another officer said, Sierra Oscar aims to balance the spread of patrol cars and hopefully increase the efficiency of officers and dedicate their time to what matters; fighting crime and roleplaying. Instead of every police unit responding to the HM upon the sounds of the bell, the right amount will be chosen to step up and ensure that the rest of the island is not neglected.

Many officers have indeed picked up the mentality that they are ineffective against rebels, however, many guidelines and policy rules aim to combat this, such as not to patrol along/in two's and use comms and superiority in numbers to tip the advantage in their favour. 

I can't speak for other constabularies, but  I can ensure you that myself and the rest of Athira command actively encourages our officers to patrol Athira and its surrounding area, we have been doing this for probably a year now, as well as teaching our officers to bide their time effectively and make the correct decisions to what they deem 'more important'.
I can agree on this as a former officer. New mentally is just due to new officer seeing he only has Mk20 and restricted armory. But do often do officers forget in  close range you can use rubber bullets > Rebels may be able to one shot but, officers can use rubber bullet guns in close quarters. 

Police are useless, heck, let's just get rid of the police then! I mean why not, we are useless anyway. 

Let's see how long it takes before they are begging us to come back.

I'm betting my Huron it's within 10 minutes.

I most say that @Vind Grizzly is right. 

Police don't patrol in Athira and Pyrgos they don't even use the spawn point. Police use most of the time Kavala or airpoint spawnpoint. 

I sit in admin cam around 2 hours a day for last 2 month and only one time did i see a unit spawn in Pyrgos (that was the DI of Pyrgos) and there is daily robberi against people who do diamond.

In Athira you need to lucky to see officer spawn in Athira and 99% when they do spawn the take a car go direct to the airport og past herion proccesser or to the weed field. People in Athira never see a unit drive to the diamond proccesser or just check the shops around. Last time i see officer in Athira was when the prison was there.

This is just was i personal have seen the last 2 month.

That still wouldn't help because the officers are still in Kavala or somewhere else far away from Pyrgos or Athira. This is one of the reasons why i left the police as no-one would patrol in pyrgos unless they spawn there to get their boats out.

I agree that;

• The police don't seem to be around Athira or Pyrgos much.
  • Too often there is PC thingy was tazed by SPC Doodah, PC Doodah was tazed by Sgt Whatsit, Sgt Whatsit was tazed by PC thingy spam.
But these are symptoms of a more fundamental problem that isn't the police forces fault at all.  These are the signs of boredom in a force that is almost always outnumbered and outgunned, a force that is not in any way equipped to be effective either in hardware or rule book terms.

The root cause of this sits with rebels and rebel roleplay.

The ability of rebels to get tooled up with military hardware and roll in to tell the police to fuck off is the problem.  There simply isn't any need to make elaborate plans to pull off a heist, to cause a distraction, to plan an escape route, to swap vehicles and clothes, to be even the slightest bit quiet about what is going on because..... guns.  It is way too easy for rebels to roll around with the big guns and place snipers, and therefore provides little incentive to do things any other way.

Add to that the lack of any real penalty.  Rebels, even if caught, spend such a short time in prison that there is almost zero roleplay reason to avoid being seen with a military gun.  For example someone seen IRL with a 7.62mm gun in the street and 5 murders under their belt would never see the light of day again, and gangs numbers would drop so fast they would be off the streets pretty quick.  But Police can't sentence for very long and always have to roleplay initiation and then get sniped for their trouble, respawn, and do it again.

I said this before when I was a cop, and I stand by it now.  Being a Police officer on Altis is often no more than being in a gun range simulator with you as the dummy, one of the highest and best role play opportunities reduced to the status of NPC.

If the community wants the higher standards of roleplay that come with an effective police force, a force that has to be appraised and proper plans made before carrying out a heist where the guns are not the choice of first resort.  Then the community has to think about giving up it's guns.

That is the problem, and the solution is ours to provide, every one of us..... do we value RP or the FPS.

[words I agree with]
I completely agree with what Deleter has said; thanks deleter for shedding light regarding what you see in admin cam as it's not something us rebels/civilians have access to.

I don't understand why there is constabulary's within the police force and yet they don't even stay within their own constab when there is a large amount of police on. It would be nice to see more police now at Pygros considering the redzone has been sliced. 

@Vind Grizzly Okay, I agree with some of what you said there. I agree that Pyrgos area is not patrolled as frequently as Kaval and Athira, and I would like to point out that this issue has been brought up more than once on our weekly meetings and not much have changed. I'm gonna try not to repeat things that have nee said but I feel a need to adress few things written on this post and in comments.

Your point about officers tasing each other is understandable, it's a thing that is happening on daily basis and it's something that we are trying to reduce. It's talked about every Saturday on weekly meetings and usually when I see someone doing it I asked the to stop, as it seems very unprofessional and it's not very good to see cops doing this from civilian side. 

Problem with patrols is that many different things are happening in the same time and especially after last few updates most of the processors, mine, drug dealers and places like that are between Athira and Kavala, which make most of the people to patrol this territory. This issue probably won't be resolved until some internal police rules changes are made or lot of stuff is moved from the southern side of the island. 

From police perspective, we recive dispatches like "Help, I'm being robbed" every 2 minutes, besides that, officers gets taken hostage every bloody 20 minutes, either by UNMC, Gangs or just random hobos. If not that, there is some HM Teasury going on. It's sometimes difficult to consistently patrol one area without responding to other important situations.

Let's talk numbers.. just for example imagine there is a 100 people on the server and 30 police (we are talking peak time). Divide it by 3 as 3 officers per patrol. Number you will get is 10.. 10 cars patrolling around the island... to handle everything. Now, Altis has surface of 270 square kilometres, let's take into consideration area being used is just 45% of that (Altis - UNMC lands and norther territory).

On the end of the day, in perfect world, you would have 1 police unit patrolling 12.5 square kilometres.. which is it not enough. I'm sure I'm gonna speak for most of us when I say that that we are all doing our best to provide safety and security for Altis, no task too big of us, no rebel is too dangerous, however we can't be everywhere. And I'm sorry if you feel like we are letting you down ;) 

On the end of the day, we are all here to have fun and roleplay ;)

Feel free to contact me with any further issues,

DSGT LastNickLeft [KV450]

Tbh cops are useless pygros is the capitol of altis and the only time ive ever seen a cop there is when they all stream sniped bettys operation where he was shitting on desks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back